Lubrication of the seals of a RS Judy SL (2001 model)

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Marc Hartsuiker, Feb 14, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    I'm from the Netherlands and so far I've been advised, by several people (knowledgable ones for that
    matter), to use Brunox for lubricating the XXX seals on my RS Judy SL (2001 model). However, as
    Brunox has no distributor in the Netherlands, finding it will be tricky. My question there for would
    be, has someone used different oils (other then the RS ones) for lubricating the XXX seals, and for
    the general maintenance, of a RS Judy SL? Any hints towards oils that can be used, and can be
    purchased around the Netherlands area, would be appreciated.

    With kind regards,

    Marc

    Tags:

  2. Marc Hartsuiker wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm from the Netherlands and so far I've been advised, by several people (knowledgable ones for
    > that matter), to use Brunox for lubricating the XXX seals on my RS Judy SL (2001 model). However,
    > as Brunox has no distributor in the Netherlands, finding it will be tricky. My question there for
    > would be, has someone used different oils (other then the RS ones) for lubricating the XXX seals,
    > and for the general maintenance, of a RS Judy SL? Any hints towards oils that can be used, and can
    > be purchased around the Netherlands area, would be appreciated.
    >
    > With kind regards,
    >
    > Marc

    I have no idea what Brunox is. However I've always found that chain lube works well to lubricate the
    wipers on a fork. I put a few drops on the top of the seals and work it in by compressing the fork.
    I've never had problems.