Luc Viau Bicycle Accident

Jkeenan

Guest
Does anyone have a link to the accident involving unltacyclist Luc Viau?

thanks

Joe

No Joe I don't, but if you find out something, please post ASAP. Luc and me go back a long time. He
works on my computer and we have cycled together a lot. I've been trying to get a hold of him
lately, and your post may be the reason why, he hasn't responded. EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl.
(GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

"JKeenan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone have a link to the accident involving unltacyclist Luc Viau?
>
> thanks
>
> Joe

"JKeenan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Does anyone have a link to the accident involving unltacyclist Luc Viau?
>
> thanks
>
> Joe

Per Jim Solanick:

"Luc Viau is dealing with a very serious accident on Tuesday Feb. 25. He was struck by a Waste
Management truck on his way to work. He sustained two broken legs and a broken collarbone among
other less serious injuries. If you know Luc, he rode 35000 miles last year I believe and won the
UMCA mileage overall title. He is in the intensive care area of DelRay Medical Center but I do not
know the phone number."

[email protected] (James) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "JKeenan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Does anyone have a link to the accident involving unltacyclist Luc Viau?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Joe
>
> Per Jim Solanick:
>
> "Luc Viau is dealing with a very serious accident on Tuesday Feb. 25. He was struck by a Waste
> Management truck on his way to work. He sustained two broken legs and a broken collarbone among
> other less serious injuries. If you know Luc, he rode 35000 miles last year I believe and won the
> UMCA mileage overall title. He is in the intensive care area of DelRay Medical Center but I do not
> know the phone number."

http://www.delraymedicalctr.com/delraymedicalctr/default.asp

Email him through their Patient EMail service on the website.

[email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (James) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > "JKeenan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Does anyone have a link to the accident involving unltacyclist Luc Viau?
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >
> > > Joe
> >
> > Per Jim Solanick:
> >
> > "Luc Viau is dealing with a very serious accident on Tuesday Feb. 25. He was struck by a Waste
> > Management truck on his way to work. He sustained two broken legs and a broken collarbone among
> > other less serious injuries. If you know Luc, he rode 35000 miles last year I believe and won
> > the UMCA mileage overall title. He is in the intensive care area of DelRay Medical Center but I
> > do not know the phone number."
>

> http://www.delraymedicalctr.com/delraymedicalctr/default.asp
>
> Email him through their Patient EMail service on the website.

Sorry to hear about Luc. It was only 3 or 4 years ago that Luc rode his first century on the WPBBC
Lake-O ride. It was a miserably windy day. I was driving sag. Luc was the last man out on the road
and it was almost getting dark. At the 85 mile mark I saw him stopped on the side of the road. He
said he could not go any farther. When he said it would have been his first century I said its not
over yet. There was no way we could let him quit this close to 100 miles. He had been fighting a
tough head wind so I had him turn around and go with the wind. I drove up the road 5 miles and
waited for him to ride by. As he came by we stood on the side of the road cheering him on. I then
drove up the road another 5 miles and again we went to cheering as he went by. One more five mile
jump and we gave him a rousing reception. I took the sag wagon sign off of the truck and signed it
as his Official Certificate of Completion. It was pretty cool to have been a part of his first
century. I never would have guessed he would have ridden so many miles since. I wonder if he still
has that "certificate"

GET WELL SOON LUC.....

Peter Spirito

Peter M Spirito

Peter knowing ole Luc like I do, I bet he does still have that certificate and it's probably hanging
on his wall somewhere! I met him originally at Motorola (1997) and he was close to, if not over 300
lbs, with a stomach that hung completely over his belt. He did the Stark ride event, that same year
and was humiliated that an ole geezer (Me) on a recumbent no less, spanked him pretty good at the
event. He had a rather in-expensive Mountain bike and I had a $3000.00 recumbent. He then GOT ZONED
IN AND FOCUSED COMPLETELY into cycling and has put more miles in 1 recent year, than I have in 10
years! In recent encounters with him, that spanking CHANGED and I got put into my place, period! (I
have never been SO HAPPY AND PROUD to get my recumbo butt kicked by such a Great person! - Who also
nursed my computer back to health on many occasions) Luc is one of the most safe riding cyclist I
know. He clearly rides SMART AND HAS SAFE AWARENESS AROUND HIM AT ALL TIMES. I don't know the
specifics, BUT I'm willing to bet, the fault of this terrible accident, dose not lie on him. I sent
the hospital an e-mail addressed to him and I'm hoping to find out if he can have any visitors yet
and if so, what the hours are. I plan to go see and harass my GOOD Friend, ASAP!!! EZ Biker :)
Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

"Peter M Spirito" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Sorry to hear about Luc. It was only 3 or 4 years ago that Luc rode his first century on the WPBBC
> Lake-O ride. It was a miserably windy day. I was driving sag. Luc was the last man out on the road
> and it was almost getting dark. At the 85 mile mark I saw him stopped on the side of the road. He
> said he could not go any farther. When he said it would have been his first century I said its not
> over yet. There was no way we could let him quit this close to 100 miles. He had been fighting a
> tough head wind so I had him turn around and go with the wind. I drove up the road 5 miles and
> waited for him to ride by. As he came by we stood on the side of the road cheering him on. I then
> drove up the road another 5 miles and again we went to cheering as he went by. One more five mile
> jump and we gave him a rousing reception. I took the sag wagon sign off of the truck and signed it
> as his Official Certificate of Completion. It was pretty cool to have been a part of his first
> century. I never would have guessed he would have ridden so many miles since. I wonder if he still
> has that "certificate"
>
> GET WELL SOON LUC.....
>
> Peter Spirito
>
> Peter M Spirito

Boy do I remember that mountain bike..After Luc got into the van we loaded up his bike. It must have
weighed 100 pounds and had these big knobby tires.

I heard from another sag driver that during the ride Luc's legs were cramping so bad he would stop
at convience stores along the route and buy a bag of ice and stuff his shorts with the ice to
relieve the cramping pain.

Luc is somewhat of a hero to me in that I had never ridden a century in all of my years on a bike.
And I was secretely embarrassed about
it....If Luc could do it then I could do it.......And I did.......And I will be doing the 7 day Bike
Florida next weekend.

Give Luc my best....

"EZ Biker :-\)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<rHf8a.280859$SD6.13916@sccrnsc03>...
> Peter knowing ole Luc like I do, I bet he does still have that certificate and it's probably
> hanging on his wall somewhere! I met him originally at Motorola (1997) and he was close to, if not
> over 300 lbs, with a stomach that hung completely over his belt. He did the Stark ride event, that
> same year and was humiliated that an ole geezer (Me) on a recumbent no less, spanked him pretty
> good at the event. He had a rather in-expensive Mountain bike and I had a $3000.00 recumbent. He
> then GOT ZONED IN AND FOCUSED COMPLETELY into cycling and has put more miles in 1 recent year,
> than I have in 10 years! In recent encounters with him, that spanking CHANGED and I got put into
> my place, period! (I have never been SO HAPPY AND PROUD to get my recumbo butt kicked by such a
> Great person! - Who also nursed my computer back to health on many occasions) Luc is one of the
> most safe riding cyclist I know. He clearly rides SMART AND HAS SAFE AWARENESS AROUND HIM AT ALL
> TIMES. I don't know the specifics, BUT I'm willing to bet, the fault of this terrible accident,
> dose not lie on him. I sent the hospital an e-mail addressed to him and I'm hoping to find out if
> he can have any visitors yet and if so, what the hours are. I plan to go see and harass my GOOD
> Friend, ASAP!!! EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)
>

> "Peter M Spirito" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Sorry to hear about Luc. It was only 3 or 4 years ago that Luc rode his first century on the
> > WPBBC Lake-O ride. It was a miserably windy day. I was driving sag. Luc was the last man out on
> > the road and it was almost getting dark. At the 85 mile mark I saw him stopped on the side of
> > the road. He said he could not go any farther. When he said it would have been his first century
> > I said its not over yet. There was no way we could let him quit this close to 100 miles. He had
> > been fighting a tough head wind so I had him turn around and go with the wind. I drove up the
> > road 5 miles and waited for him to ride by. As he came by we stood on the side of the road
> > cheering him on. I then drove up the road another 5 miles and again we went to cheering as he
> > went by. One more five mile jump and we gave him a rousing reception. I took the sag wagon sign
> > off of the truck and signed it as his Official Certificate of Completion. It was pretty cool to
> > have been a part of his first century. I never would have guessed he would have ridden so many
> > miles since. I wonder if he still has that "certificate"
> >
> > GET WELL SOON LUC.....
> >
> > Peter Spirito
> >
> > Peter M Spirito

Peter, I've had some friends that recently visited Luc and they say he is progressing well. I
hope to get by and visit with him sometime this weekend. In the meantime anyone interested in
sending a e-mail message to him can do so, via the earlier posting in this thread. And YES, he
does get the e-mail sent to him. EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON,
Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

"Peter M Spirito" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Boy do I remember that mountain bike..After Luc got into the van we loaded up his bike. It must
> have weighed 100 pounds and had these big knobby tires.
>
> I heard from another sag driver that during the ride Luc's legs were cramping so bad he would stop
> at convience stores along the route and buy a bag of ice and stuff his shorts with the ice to
> relieve the cramping pain.
>
> Luc is somewhat of a hero to me in that I had never ridden a century in all of my years on a bike.
> And I was secretely embarrassed about
> it....If Luc could do it then I could do it.......And I did.......And I will be doing the 7 day
> Bike Florida next weekend.
>
> Give Luc my best....
>

> "EZ Biker :-\)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Peter knowing ole Luc like I do, I bet he does still have that
certificate
> > and it's probably hanging on his wall somewhere! I met him originally at Motorola (1997) and he
> > was close to, if not over 300 lbs, with a stomach that hung completely over his belt. He did the
> > Stark ride event, that
same
> > year and was humiliated that an ole geezer (Me) on a recumbent no less, spanked him pretty good
> > at the event. He had a rather in-expensive
Mountain
> > bike and I had a $3000.00 recumbent. He then GOT ZONED IN AND FOCUSED COMPLETELY into cycling
> > and has put more miles in 1 recent year, than I
have
> > in 10 years! In recent encounters with him, that spanking CHANGED and I
got
> > put into my place, period! (I have never been SO HAPPY AND PROUD to get
my
> > recumbo butt kicked by such a Great person! - Who also nursed my
computer
> > back to health on many occasions) Luc is one of the most safe riding
cyclist
> > I know. He clearly rides SMART AND HAS SAFE AWARENESS AROUND HIM AT ALL TIMES. I don't know the
> > specifics, BUT I'm willing to bet, the fault of
this
> > terrible accident, dose not lie on him. I sent the hospital an e-mail addressed to him and I'm
> > hoping to find
out if
> > he can have any visitors yet and if so, what the hours are. I plan to go
see
> > and harass my GOOD Friend, ASAP!!! EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON,
> > Bacchetta
Aero