Luca Scinto Riding High Undetected by UCI

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ep, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Ep

    Ep Guest

    Scinto retires

    After nine years of racing for the MG-Technogym, Asics and Mapei-Quick Step teams, 34-year-old
    Tuscan rider Luca Scinto, one of the key players in Italy's victory at the Zolder World
    Championships, has decided to leave cycling.

    "My decision was taken after period of personal reflection with certain aspects of my personal life
    also adding to the outcome. I am honoured with the proposal that Mario Cipollini and Vincenzo
    Santoni made to me a few days ago, and I thank them for this; however I am also aware of the
    commitment involved in being alongside a World Champion such as Mario. I believe I have always
    carried out my job very professionally and honestly, fully respecting my rôle alongside captains
    that I have had the privilege to work with and at the same time being able to create a good personal
    image of myself.

    "In particular I would like to thank my family and all of those that have sustained me, even in
    difficult moments of my career, and the many fans that have always supported me.

    "I am honoured to finish my career <<< on a high >>> riding for a great team such as Mapei; they
    have left a big gap in the cycling world. The Mapei team gave me the opportunity to think
    exclusively and solely about a cyclist's life, being part of a structure that, thanks to the Squinzi
    family's passion and very professional ways of doing things, enabled both myself and my team-mates
    to ride without pressure concentrating exclusively on the competitive aspects.

    Source: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2002/dec02/dec22news

    Tags:

  2. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    That's the kind of high we want Emma.

    "EP" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Scinto retires
    >
    > After nine years of racing for the MG-Technogym, Asics and Mapei-Quick
    Step teams, 34-year-old Tuscan rider Luca Scinto, one of the
    > key players in Italy's victory at the Zolder World Championships, has
    decided to leave cycling.

    > "My decision was taken after period of personal reflection with certain
    aspects of my personal life also adding to the outcome. I am
    > honoured with the proposal that Mario Cipollini and Vincenzo Santoni made
    to me a few days ago, and I thank them for this; however I
    > am also aware of the commitment involved in being alongside a World
    Champion such as Mario. I believe I have always carried out my
    > job very professionally and honestly, fully respecting my rôle alongside
    captains that I have had the privilege to work with and at
    > the same time being able to create a good personal image of myself.
    >
    > "In particular I would like to thank my family and all of those that have
    sustained me, even in difficult moments of my career, and
    > the many fans that have always supported me.
    >
    > "I am honoured to finish my career <<< on a high >>> riding for a great
    team such as Mapei; they have left a big gap in the
    > cycling world. The Mapei team gave me the opportunity to think exclusively
    and solely about a cyclist's life, being part of a
    > structure that, thanks to the Squinzi family's passion and very
    professional ways of doing things, enabled both myself and my
    > team-mates to ride without pressure concentrating exclusively on the
    competitive aspects.

    > Source: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2002/dec02/dec22news

  3. >Subject: Re: Luca Scinto Riding High Undetected by UCI From: "Tom Kunich" [email protected]

    >That's the kind of high we want Emma.
    >
    >"EP" <emmap[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Scinto retires
    >>
    >> After nine years of racing for the MG-Technogym, Asics and Mapei-Quick
    >Step teams, 34-year-old Tuscan rider Luca Scinto, one of the
    >> key players in Italy's victory at the Zolder World Championships, has
    >decided to leave cycling.
    >>
    >> "My decision was taken after period of personal reflection with certain
    >aspects of my personal life also adding to the outcome. I am
    >> honoured with the proposal that Mario Cipollini and Vincenzo Santoni made
    >to me a few days ago, and I thank them for this; however I
    >> am also aware of the commitment involved in being alongside a World
    >Champion such as Mario. I believe I have always carried out my
    >> job very professionally and honestly, fully respecting my rôle alongside
    >captains that I have had the privilege to work with and at
    >> the same time being able to create a good personal image of myself.
    >>
    >> "In particular I would like to thank my family and all of those that have
    >sustained me, even in difficult moments of my career, and
    >> the many fans that have always supported me.
    >>
    >> "I am honoured to finish my career <<< on a high >>> riding for a great
    >team such as Mapei; they have left a big gap in the
    >> cycling world. The Mapei team gave me the opportunity to think exclusively
    >and solely about a cyclist's life, being part of a
    >> structure that, thanks to the Squinzi family's passion and very
    >professional ways of doing things, enabled both myself and my
    >> team-mates to ride without pressure concentrating exclusively on the
    >competitive aspects.
    >>
    >> Source: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2002/dec02/dec22news

    The only thing worse than Emma reposting boring cyclingnews stuff is Tommy Boy Eunich responding to
    it...... http://www.monkeyhillcs.com/humour/ronde_champ/ -----Sharon Peters Personal Trainer to the
    Stars-------- Remove "No Junk" to reply please!!!