Luca Scinto Riding High Undetected by UCI

Ep

Guest
Scinto retires

After nine years of racing for the MG-Technogym, Asics and Mapei-Quick Step teams, 34-year-old
Tuscan rider Luca Scinto, one of the key players in Italy's victory at the Zolder World
Championships, has decided to leave cycling.

"My decision was taken after period of personal reflection with certain aspects of my personal life
also adding to the outcome. I am honoured with the proposal that Mario Cipollini and Vincenzo
Santoni made to me a few days ago, and I thank them for this; however I am also aware of the
commitment involved in being alongside a World Champion such as Mario. I believe I have always
carried out my job very professionally and honestly, fully respecting my rôle alongside captains
that I have had the privilege to work with and at the same time being able to create a good personal
image of myself.

"In particular I would like to thank my family and all of those that have sustained me, even in
difficult moments of my career, and the many fans that have always supported me.

"I am honoured to finish my career <<< on a high >>> riding for a great team such as Mapei; they
have left a big gap in the cycling world. The Mapei team gave me the opportunity to think
exclusively and solely about a cyclist's life, being part of a structure that, thanks to the Squinzi
family's passion and very professional ways of doing things, enabled both myself and my team-mates
to ride without pressure concentrating exclusively on the competitive aspects.

Source: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2002/dec02/dec22news

That's the kind of high we want Emma.

"EP" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]

>> job very professionally and honestly, fully respecting my rôle alongside
>captains that I have had the privilege to work with and at
>> the same time being able to create a good personal image of myself.
>>
>> "In particular I would like to thank my family and all of those that have
>sustained me, even in difficult moments of my career, and
>> the many fans that have always supported me.
>>
>> "I am honoured to finish my career <<< on a high >>> riding for a great
>team such as Mapei; they have left a big gap in the
>> cycling world. The Mapei team gave me the opportunity to think exclusively
>and solely about a cyclist's life, being part of a
>> structure that, thanks to the Squinzi family's passion and very
>professional ways of doing things, enabled both myself and my
>> team-mates to ride without pressure concentrating exclusively on the

The only thing worse than Emma reposting boring cyclingnews stuff is Tommy Boy Eunich responding to
it...... http://www.monkeyhillcs.com/humour/ronde_champ/ -----Sharon Peters Personal Trainer to the
Stars-------- Remove "No Junk" to reply please!!!