lucky choce

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Ianb, Aug 23, 2003.

  1. Ianb

    Ianb Guest

    My wife nearly had a nasty, on her bike in a narrow lane (the sort of one where you have problems
    passing an on-coming car) today after she noticed a low flying helicopter. She pulled into a gateway
    to take a look and shortly after a car went past at high speed, then two police cars. Could have
    been nasty, earlier she had passed a couple on bikes in the same road, I wonder how they fared. At
    least one other vehicle was damaged by a police car on another road. Nothing so far on local radio
    news site. Is it a good idea for us to get off the road when there is a low flying helicopter - just
    in case there is a high speed car chase under way? The helicopter was not in Police livery
    --
    IanB

    swap my names around (nodots nospaces) to reply to me
    n.b. Please respond via n.g. but as I subscribe to two large newsgroups I am usually running a
    few days behind on reading threads and so it may be several days before I can respond to any
    n.g. reply

    Tags:

  2. Fraggle

    Fraggle Guest

    "IanB" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > <snip close shave> Is it a good idea for us to get off the road when there is a low flying
    > helicopter - just in case there is a high speed car chase under way? The helicopter was not in
    > Police livery -- IanB

    keep an eye out for role in "worst police STOP! chase ever!! vol 5"

    If the 'copter is close enough to drown out the roar of speeding crims engine, then I would probably
    have stopped to look anyway. I guess its something to bear in mind though.

    I hate those narrow lanes with high hedgerows. They should be beautiful to cycle/walk down, but I
    am always weary of the locals who know the roads intimately speeding along, and have not hit
    anyone. yet.

    Fragg

  3. Thomas

    Thomas Guest

    "IanB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My wife nearly had a nasty, on her bike in a narrow lane (the sort of one where you have
    > problems passing an on-coming car) today after she noticed a low flying helicopter. She pulled
    > into a gateway to take a look and shortly after a car went past at high speed, then two police
    > cars. Could have been nasty, earlier she had passed a couple on bikes in the
    same
    > road, I wonder how they fared. At least one other vehicle was damaged by
    > police car on another road. Nothing so far on local radio news site.
    Is
    > it a good idea for us to get off the road when there is a low flying helicopter - just in case
    > there is a high speed car chase under way?
    The
    > helicopter was not in Police livery

    Hmm... I've always been under the impression that there's no specific police livery as such, more
    that the police helicopters are piloted by volunteers.

    But then, might well be wrong...

    Thomas.

  4. Cupra

    Cupra Guest

    Thomas wrote:
    >> "IanB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >>> My wife nearly had a nasty, on her bike in a narrow lane (the sort of one where you have
    >>> problems passing an on-coming car) today after she noticed a low flying helicopter. She
    >>> pulled into a gateway to take a look and shortly after a car went past at high speed, then
    >>> two police cars. Could have been nasty, earlier she had passed a couple on bikes in the same
    >>> road, I wonder how they fared. At least one other vehicle was damaged by a police car on
    >>> another road. Nothing so far on local radio news site. Is it a good idea for us to get off
    >>> the road when there is a low flying helicopter - just in case there is a high speed car
    >>> chase under way?=20
    >> The
    >>> helicopter was not in Police livery
    >>=20
    >> Hmm... I've always been under the impression that there's no specific police livery as such, more
    >> that the police helicopters are piloted by volunteers.=20
    >>=20
    >> But then, might well be wrong...
    >>=20
    >> Thomas.

    Have a look here: = http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/informationcentre/24.html for an example!

    ---

  5. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

  6. Marc

    Marc Guest

    "Thomas" <La de la de la> wrote:

    > Hmm... I've always been under the impression that there's no specific police livery as such, more
    > that the police helicopters are piloted by volunteers.

    I hope not, otherwise the 26" Merseyside Police Stickers that we make won't end up on their
    helicopter.

    --
    Marc Stickers,decals,membership,cards, T shirts, signs etc for clubs and associations of all types.
    http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk/