Luggage rack for Raleigh C30 with fenders?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ken, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Ken

    Ken Guest

    I just bought this bike with fenders. The bike shop is telling me it can't find a luggage rack with
    a spring arm that will fit. Anyone know of one?

    Ken (to reply via email remove "zz" from address)

    Tags:

  2. Rich Clark

    Rich Clark Guest

    "Ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I just bought this bike with fenders. The bike shop is telling me it can't find a luggage rack
    > with a spring arm that will fit. Anyone know of one?

    You might look at the Topeak Explorer (see www.topeak.com). I used one on a Trek 7300 hybrid with
    fenders and 700x37c tires and there was plenty of clearance.

    RichC

    >I just bought this bike with fenders. The bike shop is telling me it can't find a luggage rack with
    >a spring arm that will fit. Anyone know of one?

    Skip the springarm and just use some bungie cords.
    -----------------
    Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

  4. Looks like they're not looking hard enough. Any rack should fit, fenders or not. "Ken"
    > I just bought this bike with fenders. The bike shop is telling me it can't find a luggage rack
    > with a spring arm that will fit. Anyone know of one?
    >

    > Ken (to reply via email remove "zz" from address)

  5. Ken

    Ken Guest

    On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 06:43:05 GMT, "George Shaffer" <[email protected]att.net> wrote:
    >Looks like they're not looking hard enough. Any rack should fit, fenders or not.

    That's what I remembered. Maybe they just looked as far as what they had in stock -- and that was
    highly specialized.

    The latest is that they finally found a rack with a spring arm that would fit.

    I always liked a spring arm because it saved you bunge and provided additional security for your
    bag. Ken (to reply via email remove "zz" from address)