Luggage rack for Raleigh C30 with fenders?

Ken

Guest
I just bought this bike with fenders. The bike shop is telling me it can't find a luggage rack with
a spring arm that will fit. Anyone know of one?

Ken (to reply via email remove "zz" from address)

"Ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I just bought this bike with fenders. The bike shop is telling me it can't find a luggage rack
> with a spring arm that will fit. Anyone know of one?

You might look at the Topeak Explorer (see www.topeak.com). I used one on a Trek 7300 hybrid with
fenders and 700x37c tires and there was plenty of clearance.

RichC

>I just bought this bike with fenders. The bike shop is telling me it can't find a luggage rack with
>a spring arm that will fit. Anyone know of one?

Skip the springarm and just use some bungie cords.

Looks like they're not looking hard enough. Any rack should fit, fenders or not. "Ken"

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 06:43:05 GMT, "George Shaffer" <[email protected]> wrote:
>Looks like they're not looking hard enough. Any rack should fit, fenders or not.

That's what I remembered. Maybe they just looked as far as what they had in stock -- and that was
highly specialized.

The latest is that they finally found a rack with a spring arm that would fit.

I always liked a spring arm because it saved you bunge and provided additional security for your
bag. Ken (to reply via email remove "zz" from address)