Luggage trailers

altis

Jun 22, 2004
Anyone any experience of any luggage trailers for towing behind a bicycle?

We are looking for something that will fit through the front door and live under the stairs. We briefly tried the Blue Bird 5-in-1 trailer with cargo bars from Monz but we found it too large and heavy (16.6kg) and it was very slow to assemble and disassemble.

It's only really for shopping - we'll probably stick to paniers for touring.

altis said:

We are looking for something that will fit through the front door and live under the stairs. We briefly tried the Blue Bird 5-in-1 trailer with cargo bars from Monz but we found it too large and heavy (16.6kg) and it was very slow to assemble and disassemble.

BOB Yak or Ibex should do the job.
http://www.bobtrailers.com/trailers/yak.php

altis said:
I've pulled a trailer many hundreds of miles behind a bicycle, both on tour and for local shopping.

I have an old BOB single-wheel trailer that is narrow enough for any doorway, and has been my choice for touring; but my even-older Bykaboose two-wheeler holds more for shopping, and folds rapidly into a small space.