Lumicycle Halide2003 & Polar HRMs

rek

New Member
Aug 31, 2002
1,190
Hi all,

I'm going to be in the market for a HID style headlight soon, and am looking at buying a Lumicycle Halide2003 system. One nasty thing I've heard about some HID units, though, is that they create havoc with heart rate monitors and wireless computers.

Most of these complaints seem to revolve around the NiteRider Blowtorch .. I haven't heard much at all about other units, so I'm not sure whether this is a worry for HID lights in general, or just that the NiteRider system has inadequate shielding.

Has anyone tried using a Lumicycle Halide light with a heart rate monitor? (I'd be using it with a Polar S710 w/ wireless speed sensor.) I have asked the Lumicycle people themselves, but they don't have any info about interference.

Thanks in advance

Peter

"rek" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone tried using a Lumicycle Halide light with a heart rate monitor? (I'd be using it with a
> Polar S710 w/ wireless speed sensor.) I have asked the Lumicycle people themselves, but they don't
> have any info about interference.

I have a Lumi HID that I use along with a Cateye cordless 3 and a Polar M51. No problems with any
interference so far.

Regards Simon

Originally posted by Simon Galgut
I have a Lumi HID that I use along with a Cateye cordless 3 and a Polar M51. No problems with any
interference so far.

Thanks -- that's some good news to hear. Do you wear the HRM on your wrist, or put it on a handlebar mount? If the latter, how far is it mounted from the light?

"rek" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Simon Galgut wrote:
> > I have a Lumi HID that I use along with a Cateye cordless 3 and a
Polar
> > M51. No problems with any interference so far.
>

> Thanks -- that's some good news to hear. Do you wear the HRM on your wrist, or put it on a
> handlebar mount? If the latter, how far is it mounted from the light?

The Polar is on my wrist. The Cateye is bar mounted about 5cm away from the Lumi.

Regards Simon