General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Lump on back of neck

Started by Ryan D. · · Last activity · 3 posts · 12,956 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
4 May 2004
Last activity
4 May 2004
Original author
Ryan D.
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
12,956
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello,

    A little over a week ago I discovered two lumps on the back
    of my neck. Both felt hard and unmovable. Went to see my
    doctor later in the week and I left more confused then when
    I went in. The doctor felt the lumps briefly and said she
    thinks that they are cystic. She said that she's unsure if
    it's a lymph or not and my choices are to leave it alone or
    have them removed by a dermatologist. I asked her what we
    should do and she said that was my choice. She said she was
    60/40 sure it was cystic and nothing to worry about. She
    didn't seem concerned at all. I'm under the impression
    that if a doctor is that unsure of something, she should
    send you to someone or do tests to be 100% sure.
    Currently the two lumps are still there. Lately, I
    haven't been feeling 100% (maybe it's all in my head) and
    have noticed considerable weight loss and fatigue. My
    question is should I wait and see if they disappear or
    make another appointment with someone else? If I should
    make another appointment should it be with some sort of
    specialist? Thanks for any help.

  2. The only way to really know is get a biopsy
    "Ryan D." <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello,

    A little over a week ago I discovered two lumps on the
    back of my neck. Both felt hard and unmovable. Went to see
    my doctor later in the week and I left more confused then
    when I went in. The doctor felt the lumps briefly and said
    she thinks that they are cystic. She said that she's
    unsure if it's a lymph or not and my choices are to leave
    it alone or have them removed by a dermatologist. I asked
    her what we should do and she said that was my choice. She
    said she was
    60/40 sure it was cystic and nothing to worry about. She
    didn't seem concerned at all. I'm under the impression
    that if a doctor is that unsure of something, she
    should send you to someone or do tests to be 100% sure.
    Currently the two lumps are still there. Lately, I
    haven't been feeling 100% (maybe it's all in my head)
    and have noticed considerable weight loss and fatigue.
    My question is should I wait and see if they disappear
    or make another appointment with someone else? If I
    should make another appointment should it be with some
    sort of specialist? Thanks for any help.

  3. Ryan D. said:

    Hello,

    A little over a week ago I discovered two lumps on the
    back of my neck. Both felt hard and unmovable. Went to see
    my doctor later in the week and I left more confused then
    when I went in. The doctor felt the lumps briefly and said
    she thinks that they are cystic. She said that she's
    unsure if it's a lymph or not and my choices are to leave
    it alone or have them removed by a dermatologist. I asked
    her what we should do and she said that was my choice. She
    said she was
    60/40 sure it was cystic and nothing to worry about. She
    didn't seem concerned at all. I'm under the impression
    that if a doctor is that unsure of something, she
    should send you to someone or do tests to be 100% sure.
    Currently the two lumps are still there. Lately, I
    haven't been feeling 100% (maybe it's all in my head)
    and have noticed considerable weight loss and fatigue.
    My question is should I wait and see if they disappear
    or make another appointment with someone else? If I
    should make another appointment should it be with some
    sort of specialist? Thanks for any help.


    Get a soft tissue ultrasound done of the whole neck, that
    way cysts can be identified quickly and the status of your
    lymph nodes is cleared up too. Generally the LNs in the
    front of your neck swell up, but occasionally those at the
    back swell up as well. Unusual place for cysts..

    --
    madiba

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.