Lunch for long rides

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:45:38 -0400, [email protected]
(Chris Z The Wheelman) wrote:

>Group: rec.bicycles.misc Date: Tue, Sep 12, 2006, 3:27pm (EDT+4)
>From: [email protected] (Bill Baka)
>
>>I learned my lesson last year on one of
>>my mountain rides around Beale AFB, by
>>necessity 70 miles or more. I raided
>>what I thought was a plum tree on the
>>side of the road and it turned out to be
>>prunes.

>>Bill Baka

>Wait a minute, I thought prunes WERE dired plums?

Sort of, the prune tree is from the plum family, but specifically bred
to make the stone easier to remove.

Chris Z The Wheelman wrote:
> Group: rec.bicycles.misc Date: Tue, Sep 12, 2006, 3:27pm (EDT+4)
> From: [email protected] (Bill Baka)
>
>> I learned my lesson last year on one of
>> my mountain rides around Beale AFB, by
>> necessity 70 miles or more. I raided
>> what I thought was a plum tree on the
>> side of the road and it turned out to be
>> prunes.

>> Bill Baka

> Wait a minute, I thought prunes WERE dired plums?

That is pretty much what a friend of mine told me, after the fact. He
has an MBA but spent his whole working life working at the local
Sunsweet because he hated commuting 80 miles a day. Still, on only about
$13.00/Hr. he has managed to buy 3 houses and retire from the only job
he ever had. He told me a whole lot about fruit and processing that I
really didn't want to know. I will never look at a package of dried
fruit the same.
Bill Baka