Lunch this coming Sunday!!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Rick & Cyndi, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Rick & Cyndi

Rick & Cyndi Guest

Our church has it's own Dinner Club called "Supper 8". Originally, it started out as a way for 4
    couples to meet and share dinner together. The hosting couple would provide the main entree and
    beverages and the 3 remaining couples would bring soup/salad, vegetables, dessert, etc.. These days
    Supper 8 has become diversified (sp?). There is a Supper 8 for adults only, 3-4 families, and now a
    Dessert-Only group.

So, getting to the point, it's our turn to host this time and we're doing it at lunch time, after
    church, this Sunday. Our group has 3 families; 6 adults and 3 children. Usually, we do it rather
    Potluck style but I decided to request the others to prepare specific dishes to compliment what I'm
    serving. Yeah, I know, I get a little bossy sometimes. LOL

Swiss Peasant Bread Soup (from "Zingerman's Guide to Good Eating" Oven BBQ Beef (it's Oriental - not
    typical BBQ sauced beef) Sugar Snap Peas or Pea Pods with Lemon Butter Sauce Potato Dish (I
    requested a "white" vegetable - either potato or Cauliflower. Lynnette offered to do potatoes) Heart-
    shaped Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese frosting and strawberries on top.

Woo-Hoo!!
    --
    Cyndi
    <Remove a "b" to reply

Tags: