Lunch

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Michael \Dog3\ Lonergan, Jan 23, 2006.

  1. I've got tuna in the pantry, eggs in the fridge. I can do tuna and/or egg
    salad sammys. A little celery, onion and mayo and I'm all set. If I
    make egg salad, I will jazz it up with some hot Hungarian paprika. I might
    even throw in some pickled jalapeno. I think it's gonna be egg salad with
    some sourdough bread.

    Michael

    --
    Pics aren't great but here are 2 of my 4 brats.
    Hoot about to snatch the snack out of my mouth:

    Ramsey ever curious about electronics breaking into the TMobile bag:
    http://tinypic.com/jtrwgn.jpg

    Tags:

  2. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    > I've got tuna in the pantry, eggs in the fridge. I can do tuna and/or egg
    > salad sammys. A little celery, onion and mayo and I'm all set. If I
    > make egg salad, I will jazz it up with some hot Hungarian paprika. I might
    > even throw in some pickled jalapeno. I think it's gonna be egg salad with
    > some sourdough bread.

    Rather than hot pepper I like egg salad seasoned with hot oriental
    mustard... great with tiny brisling sardines.

  3. Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

    > Pics aren't great but here are 2 of my 4 brats.
    > Hoot about to snatch the snack out of my mouth:
    > http://tinypic.com/jtrw3o.jpg
    >
    > Ramsey ever curious about electronics breaking into the TMobile bag:
    > http://tinypic.com/jtrwgn.jpg

    sounds nasty and gritty to me

  4. On Mon 23 Jan 2006 12:02:34p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Thorn-N-
    YaSide?

    > Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    >
    >> Pics aren't great but here are 2 of my 4 brats.
    >> Hoot about to snatch the snack out of my mouth:
    >> http://tinypic.com/jtrw3o.jpg
    >>
    >> Ramsey ever curious about electronics breaking into the TMobile bag:
    >> http://tinypic.com/jtrwgn.jpg

    > sounds nasty and gritty to me

    PLONK!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

  5. Buttercup

    Buttercup Guest

    Wayne Boatwright wrote:

    > PLONK!

    that was the sound of Waynes sticking his own head up his BLEEEEEEEP

    that's right fat boy, pretty shoe wearing frackit
    cram that head up your BEEEEEEPPP as far as you can get it
    just make aaaalll go away

    Signed
    Buttercup

  6. Sheldon wrote:
    > Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    >
    >>I've got tuna in the pantry, eggs in the fridge. I can do tuna and/or egg
    >>salad sammys. A little celery, onion and mayo and I'm all set. If I
    >>make egg salad, I will jazz it up with some hot Hungarian paprika. I might
    >>even throw in some pickled jalapeno. I think it's gonna be egg salad with
    >>some sourdough bread.

    > Rather than hot pepper I like egg salad seasoned with hot oriental
    > mustard... great with tiny brisling sardines.

    I like egg and tuna salads seasoned with wasabi. MMM!

    --

    saerah

    http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

    -Baruch Spinoza

    -Douglas Adams

  7. On Mon 23 Jan 2006 01:37:20p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Buttercup?

    > Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    >
    >> PLONK!

    > that was the sound of Waynes sticking his own head up his BLEEEEEEEP
    >
    > that's right fat boy, pretty shoe wearing frackit
    > cram that head up your BEEEEEEPPP as far as you can get it
    > just make aaaalll go away
    >
    > Signed
    > Buttercup

    PLONK!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

  8. On Mon 23 Jan 2006 01:37:20p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Buttercup?

    > Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    >
    >> PLONK!

    > that was the sound of Waynes sticking his own head up his BLEEEEEEEP
    >
    > that's right fat boy, pretty shoe wearing frackit
    > cram that head up your BEEEEEEPPP as far as you can get it
    > just make aaaalll go away
    >
    > Signed
    > Buttercup

    There were assholes here before you and there will be assholes here after you
    leave. Killfiles were created for the likes of you.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

  9. Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    > I've got tuna in the pantry, eggs in the fridge. I can do tuna and/or egg
    > salad sammys. A little celery, onion and mayo and I'm all set. If I
    > make egg salad, I will jazz it up with some hot Hungarian paprika. I might
    > even throw in some pickled jalapeno. I think it's gonna be egg salad with
    > some sourdough bread.
    >
    > Michael
    >
    > --
    > Pics aren't great but here are 2 of my 4 brats.
    > Hoot about to snatch the snack out of my mouth:
    > http://tinypic.com/jtrw3o.jpg
    >
    > Ramsey ever curious about electronics breaking into the TMobile bag:
    > http://tinypic.com/jtrwgn.jpg

    Don't mess with perfection.

  10. Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote on 23 Jan 2006 in rec.food.cooking

    > I've got tuna in the pantry, eggs in the fridge. I can do tuna and/or
    > egg salad sammys. A little celery, onion and mayo and I'm all set. If
    > I make egg salad, I will jazz it up with some hot Hungarian paprika. I
    > might even throw in some pickled jalapeno. I think it's gonna be egg
    > salad with some sourdough bread.
    >
    > Michael

    Try some nuts (chopped walnut, cashew, ...) in the ??? salad sandwiches

    --
    The eyes are the mirrors....
    But the ears...Ah the ears.

  11. "Sheldon" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    >> I've got tuna in the pantry, eggs in the fridge. I can do tuna
    >> and/or egg salad sammys. A little celery, onion and mayo and I'm all
    >> set. If I make egg salad, I will jazz it up with some hot Hungarian
    >> paprika. I might even throw in some pickled jalapeno. I think it's
    >> gonna be egg salad with some sourdough bread.

    > Rather than hot pepper I like egg salad seasoned with hot oriental
    > mustard... great with tiny brisling sardines.

    Too late, but damned that sounds good. I'll try it next time.

    Michael

    --

  12. On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

    > I've got tuna in the pantry, eggs in the fridge. I can do tuna and/or egg
    > salad sammys. A little celery, onion and mayo and I'm all set. If I
    > make egg salad, I will jazz it up with some hot Hungarian paprika. I might
    > even throw in some pickled jalapeno. I think it's gonna be egg salad with
    > some sourdough bread.
    >
    > Michael
    >
    > --
    > Pics aren't great but here are 2 of my 4 brats.
    > Hoot about to snatch the snack out of my mouth:
    > http://tinypic.com/jtrw3o.jpg
    >
    > Ramsey ever curious about electronics breaking into the TMobile bag:
    > http://tinypic.com/jtrwgn.jpg

    I love egg salad. Actually, I guess mine would be "bacon and egg" salad.

    In addition to the eggs, celery, onions (red, for color), and mayo you
    mentioned, I add sweet pickles and crumbled, crispy-fried bacon. It's
    great on bread, toast or in the middle of a Chef's type salad.

    Add a can of tuna and I have tuna salad. Add a can of chicken (or
    left-over baked or fried) and I have chicken salad. I've even added
    cooked ham or fried, crumbled, bulk sausage. Eggs are so versatile.