Lurk Mode

In article <[email protected]>,
Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 22:50:29 -0600, Steve Wertz
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >ObFood: I'm out of ObFood's for today.

> You can borrow one of mine:
> Sugar free cherry jello with heavy cream stirred in.

Yeah. ;-)

Or frozen whipped cream plops on a cookie sheet, sweetened with Splenda.

--
Peace, Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

In article <[email protected]>,
"Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> > > One wonders how a person can have such a spectacularly low level of self -
> > > awareness...or perhaps one should simply be suspicious of their motives --
> > > but there ya go :-|

> > I dunno... If I dissapear for more than a week, I start getting private
> > e-mails from people asking me if I'm ok. ;-)

> That's because you're truly a decent person who gives far more to rfc
> than you take and are a pleasure to associate with because you give and
> take dauntlessly... you're real, you are who you say you are... and
> mostly you're ethical, someone to be trusted, a great rareity these
> days... you're not a liar.
>
> Sheldon

:)

<smooch>
--

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> "aem" wrote:
>
> > A pinch of nutmeg makes a big difference. -aem

> Interesting idea!
>
> I've not messed around much with nutmeg.

Hmm, did you ever see The Caine Mutiny... remember how Capt. Queeg
(Bogey) messed around with his balls... well, you'd really enjoy messng
around with my nutmegs, as you already know I have a huge pair... roll
em in your hand until you get the rhythem, and that spicey heady aroma
makes your nostils flare with desire... just don't pinch em. Uh oh,
what do you have in mind with that grater? yikes!

Sheldon - Great Granada Gonads

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 22:50:29 -0600, Steve Wertz
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >ObFood: I'm out of ObFood's for today.

> > You can borrow one of mine:
> > Sugar free cherry jello with heavy cream stirred in.

> Yeah. ;-)
>
> Or frozen whipped cream plops on a cookie sheet, sweetened with Splenda.

What is the point of going sugar-free or
using Splenda when one of the other ingredients
is heavy cream or whipped cream?

Is it purely psychological, to help you
feel better about eating it? Sort of like
low-tar cigarettes?

In article <[email protected]>,
"Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > "aem" wrote:
> >
> > > A pinch of nutmeg makes a big difference. -aem

> > Interesting idea!
> >
> > I've not messed around much with nutmeg.

> Hmm, did you ever see The Caine Mutiny... remember how Capt. Queeg
> (Bogey) messed around with his balls... well, you'd really enjoy messng
> around with my nutmegs, as you already know I have a huge pair... roll
> em in your hand until you get the rhythem, and that spicey heady aroma
> makes your nostils flare with desire... just don't pinch em. Uh oh,
> what do you have in mind with that grater? yikes!
>
> Sheldon - Great Granada Gonads

But I've read that too much Nutmeg is toxic...... ;-)
--

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> > Sheldon - Great Granada Gonads

> But I've read that too much Nutmeg is toxic...... ;-)

I think you mean nutmeg in your cleavage is inTOXICating. ;)

Sheldon

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 09:25:48 -0800, Mark Thorson <[email protected]>
wrote:

>OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>>
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:

>> > You can borrow one of mine:
>> > Sugar free cherry jello with heavy cream stirred in.

>> Yeah. ;-)
>>
>> Or frozen whipped cream plops on a cookie sheet, sweetened with Splenda.

>What is the point of going sugar-free or
>using Splenda when one of the other ingredients
>is heavy cream or whipped cream?

Um, have you heard of diabetes?

serene

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> But I've read that too much Nutmeg is toxic...... ;-)
> --

Nutmeg is fun to read about because there have been so many things
attributed to it starting hundreds of years ago and continuing to
today. It's a good example of the persistence of the will to believe
in almost anything that seems remotely plausible. It's very similar to
the willingness of some people to listen to the preacher who has
forecasted the end of the world -- incorrectly -- twelve times already,
but think this time he must be right.... -aem

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 22:50:29 -0600, Steve Wertz
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >ObFood: I'm out of ObFood's for today.

> You can borrow one of mine:
> Sugar free cherry jello with heavy cream stirred in.
>
> Peace,
> Carol, wondering how to start her very own flame fest

OK< WAIT ..... explain please, do you make the jello and then serve
it and sort of chop it up and add the cream ?? Or do you mix it with
the heavy cream to make it???

That sounds really good for some reason.
Rosie

In article <[email protected]>,
Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> >
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > You can borrow one of mine:
> > > Sugar free cherry jello with heavy cream stirred in.

> > Yeah. ;-)
> >
> > Or frozen whipped cream plops on a cookie sheet, sweetened with Splenda.

> What is the point of going sugar-free or
> using Splenda when one of the other ingredients
> is heavy cream or whipped cream?
>
> Is it purely psychological, to help you
> feel better about eating it? Sort of like
> low-tar cigarettes?

If you don't understand law carb dieting, I'm not going to take the time
to explain it.

You can buy the books like I did.

Atkins, the New Diet Revolution

Dr. Colgan, The Greenwich Diet

Or any literature on the South Beach diet.

For your info., modern research has finally proven that fat is not bad
and does not make you fat. Even my own Dr. knows this! Fat also does NOT
raise your blood lipid levels.

She was commenting on my very low triglyceride level the other day. She
said "I see you have been virtuous about avoiding sugar and starch". ;-)
Finally, a Dr. that KNOWS!!!!!!!

Sugar and starch are the evils, not fat..........
--
Peace, Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

In article <[email protected]>,
"Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> >
> > > Sheldon - Great Granola Gonads

> > But I've read that too much Nutmeg is toxic...... ;-)

> I think you mean nutmeg in your cleavage is inTOXICating. ;)
>
> Sheldon

Ooh baby.........
--

Serene <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 09:25:48 -0800, Mark Thorson <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> >> Yeah. ;-)
> >>
> >> Or frozen whipped cream plops on a cookie sheet, sweetened with Splenda.

> >What is the point of going sugar-free or
> >using Splenda when one of the other ingredients
> >is heavy cream or whipped cream?

> Um, have you heard of diabetes?
>
> serene

<snicker>

I think he's still old school, that fats are evil. ;-)

He needs to join the modern world.
--

"aem" <[email protected]> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> >
> > But I've read that too much Nutmeg is toxic...... ;-)
> > --

> Nutmeg is fun to read about because there have been so many things
> attributed to it starting hundreds of years ago and continuing to
> today. It's a good example of the persistence of the will to believe
> in almost anything that seems remotely plausible. It's very similar to
> the willingness of some people to listen to the preacher who has
> forecasted the end of the world -- incorrectly -- twelve times already,
> but think this time he must be right.... -aem

I've read that Nutmegs are like money in jail populations.
They are considered a psychedelic if used properly:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/nutmeg/

Cheers! ;-)
--

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:57:01 -0600, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> note the nutmeg :)

ugh! Nutmeg is only allowed in pumpkin pie. That's it.

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 13:27:24 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> Serene <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 09:25:48 -0800, Mark Thorson <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

>> >What is the point of going sugar-free or
>> >using Splenda when one of the other ingredients
>> >is heavy cream or whipped cream?

>> Um, have you heard of diabetes?
>>
>> serene

><snicker>
>
>I think he's still old school, that fats are evil. ;-)
>
>He needs to join the modern world.

Actually, fats are mostly a bad idea, and eating cream every day is a
bad idea, but certainly it's not news that some diabetics limit
sugars, but not fats?

serene

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:57:01 -0600, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> > note the nutmeg :)

> ugh! Nutmeg is only allowed in pumpkin pie. That's it.

After Thanksgiving's pumpkin pie, when you're using the last of the
turkey to make a la king, a pinch of nutmeg in the white sauce.

Speaking of holidays, it's also essential for eggnog. :) -aem

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 10:04:42 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Sugar free cherry jello with heavy cream stirred in.

>Yeah. ;-)
>
>Or frozen whipped cream plops on a cookie sheet, sweetened with Splenda.

Ohhhhh! I think I wubs you!

Peace,
Carol

wrote:

>What is the point of going sugar-free or
>using Splenda when one of the other ingredients
>is heavy cream or whipped cream?

I've chosen the Atkins way of eating. I'm not sure about Om. Atkins
is a high fat, sufficient (not high) protein, low carb way of eating.
I'm using it to control my diabetes, but I'm not going to say no to
the weight loss part. :D

I chose this way of eating in 2003, and lost 40 pounds in 4 mounths
(you lose a lot of water weight the first month, then I leveled off to
5 pounds a month). My lipid profile became perfect, absolutley
perfect, in 3 months. This, despite consuming a quart of heavy cream
each week and all the bacon I wanted.

Then we moved, and the stress got to me. This is a permanent way of
eating. So my weight gain was my fault, not the fault of the plan.

Typical day's food:

BREAKFAST:
An omelette of some kind. Usually cheddar with ham, bacon, or
brocolli. There was also one where you added cocoa and Splenda to the
eggs, then added a sweetened and flavored cream cheese filling. I
often added chopped nuts, as well. Kinda like a breakfast brownie.

LUNCH:
Generally a quarter head of lettuce, plus cheese, olives, ham, etc.
Alongside that, a quarter pound hamberger. cheeseburger, or bacon
cheeseburger. Or a chicken breast. Or a pork chop. You get the
idea.

DINNER:
A large mountain of buttered broccoli along with a moderate portion of
meat, as above.

FAVORITE SNACK:
Sugar free Jell-O with heavy cream poured on top. Yesterday was the
first time I ever mixed it in. Oh, and deviled eggs.

FRUITS:
Berries and melons can be added as you add carbs. I couldn't do it
first time around because I was under-medicated for my diabetes. I
look forward to strawberries!

It's the combination of fats and refined carbs that cause health
problems.

Peace,
Carol

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 10:40:43 -0800, Serene <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 09:25:48 -0800, Mark Thorson <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>
>>OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

>>> Yeah. ;-)
>>>
>>> Or frozen whipped cream plops on a cookie sheet, sweetened with Splenda.

>>What is the point of going sugar-free or
>>using Splenda when one of the other ingredients
>>is heavy cream or whipped cream?

>Um, have you heard of diabetes?
>
>serene

YAY, Serene!

Peace,
Carol, Type 2 Diabetic

On 1 Apr 2006 10:49:37 -0800, "rosie" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
>> Sugar free cherry jello with heavy cream stirred in.

> OK< WAIT ..... explain please, do you make the jello and then serve
>it and sort of chop it up and add the cream ?? Or do you mix it with
>the heavy cream to make it???

Until last night, I always chopped it and let the cream (one
tablespoon per half cup of gelatin) run through the pieces. Got
really slippery that way. Last night I combined them as soon as the
gelatin cooled. Gives it a more mellow flavor than plain, but I think
I'll go back to the slippery pieces, at least most ot the time.

> That sounds really good for some reason.

It IS really good! I'm interested in trying orange jello with the
cream mixed in. Sounds like it would be a good substitute for orange
sherbet, which I adore!

Peace,
Carol