Luxury / High End Sports Cars are too expensive!

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by JTE83, Oct 26, 2007.

1. JTE83

JTE83 Member

My neighbor got like a 1995 Mercedes Benz, and he hates the $80 oil change because it requires a special tool to change the oil filter so he only gets it changed at the dealer. My coworker has a BMW M3 and he says the oil changes are $120 but he gets a special rate of $89 through his mechanic. An M3 requires special $12 / quart Castrol 20W - 60 oil so that's why it's expensive to change the oil. A Porsche 911 is a $120 oil change too!

Anyone know the maintenance costs of other items on a luxury or expensive sports cars? How about repair costs? Makes me reconsider getting an expensive used luxury or used high end sports car - I'd rather settle for a Toyota Prius!

Maybe if I had to get an expensive sports car I'd settle for a Corvette. Is this car cheap maintenance, - like how expensive is the oil change and repairs?

My Dodge Dealer gives me a cheap special oil change for my Grand Caravan for $11 !

If you got an expensive car can you tell us how costly it is to maintain it?

My used 1993 Mazda MX6 LS has been cheap to maintain too, and it originally was a $28,000 car. Got it in 1997 with 163,000 highway miles and now it's got 210,000 and it's still going strong. It's got rust though, but it used to be a babe magnet!

Tags:

2. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

Those are bargains. Wait until you graduate to Ferraris and get hit with a $4600 3 year/30K service bill. Annual fluid change--you probably won't drive enough miles to change the oil ($250) like in a regular car: $760. If anything breaks --it will--then prepare to bend over; the sky is the limit.

3. Pendejo

Pendejo Member

In my experience, the more expensive the car the less reliable it is and the more it costs to fix it. (Same for women.)

4. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

+1

Even when you get down to pretty common and inexpensive cars like 3 series BMWs you run into a hard and fast rule: Never own a BMW that is outside its service plan unless you are prepared to pay the big bucks for repairs.

Lexii--if you don't mind driving an overpriced rebadged Toyota :p (Not that there is anything wrong with that)--are reliable. Not exactly sporty though. Maybe the F series will change that, although a luxury sports sedan is an oxymoron.

5. tfstrum

tfstrum New Member

Anytime you end up using OEM parts from the dealer, things get expensive. You can save money by going to an indy, but expensive cars cost big money for simple things. You can't even turn the rotors on a Benz or BMW. New stuff every time...

It's worth it though. Go for it!