lvef...what does it mean?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Master Chief Mike, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. I am a 48 year old non-smoking male who had a CABGx4 last year. I was
    looking at some paperwork and I saw a comment from about 12 weeks
    after the surgery that said: LVEF=55%. Could someone please tell me
    what that means?

    Tags:

  2. Glenn

    Glenn Guest

    Left Ventrical Ejection Fraction

    You must have had an echocardiogram.

    55% is a good number, from what I've researched.

    [email protected] (Master Chief Mike) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I am a 48 year old non-smoking male who had a CABGx4 last year. I was
    > looking at some paperwork and I saw a comment from about 12 weeks
    > after the surgery that said: LVEF=55%. Could someone please tell me
    > what that means?

  3. Thanks for the speedy reply. Is 55% good or bad for post cabg?

  4. Master Chief Mike wrote:

    > Thanks for the speedy reply. Is 55% good or bad for post cabg?

    Good.

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

  5. Chip

    Chip Guest

    "Master Chief Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Thanks for the speedy reply. Is 55% good or bad for post cabg?

    the normal resting EF is 50 to 75% of the end-diastolic volume.

    Chip