lvef...what does it mean?

Master Chief Mike

Guest
I am a 48 year old non-smoking male who had a CABGx4 last year. I was
looking at some paperwork and I saw a comment from about 12 weeks
after the surgery that said: LVEF=55%. Could someone please tell me
what that means?

Left Ventrical Ejection Fraction

You must have had an echocardiogram.

55% is a good number, from what I've researched.

[email protected] (Master Chief Mike) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I am a 48 year old non-smoking male who had a CABGx4 last year. I was
> looking at some paperwork and I saw a comment from about 12 weeks
> after the surgery that said: LVEF=55%. Could someone please tell me
> what that means?

Thanks for the speedy reply. Is 55% good or bad for post cabg?

Master Chief Mike wrote:

> Thanks for the speedy reply. Is 55% good or bad for post cabg?

Good.

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist