LWB bike/trike conversion on e-bay

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Hillel, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Hillel

    Hillel Guest

    Any opinions on a trike like this? It is a LWB with a trike conversion kit. Looks like the rear
    brake and gearing are disabled for the trike. I e-mailed the seller for info and he responded that
    the trike weighs 70 lbs., and front derailleurs can be added to the front triple and for two gears
    at the mid-drive. The right rear wheel of the trike is driven.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1987632966

    Tags:

  2. Hillel

    Hillel Guest

    Any opinions on a trike like this? It is a LWB with a trike conversion kit. Looks like the rear
    brake and gearing are disabled for the trike. I e-mailed the seller for info and he responded that
    the trike weighs 70 lbs., and front derailleurs can be added to the front triple and for two gears
    at the mid-drive. The right rear wheel of the trike is driven.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1987632966

  3. This is a frightening trike. The Back wheel assembly is a Tribi, I think Tribi went belly up a few
    years ago. You can see what a Tribi looks like at the Cambie website, they also show a Quetzal LWB
    Delta using a Tribi conversion. I used to own a couple of Tribi conversion kits...they are very very
    heavy. IF you look at the ebay pic, there is a black thing sticking back from the backrest...I blew
    up the pic and it appears to be a Topeak or Blackburn seatpost mounted rack with a black waterbottle
    laying on it...could be a BLT Ni-cad (unsure). The components look like they came from a Wal-Mart
    Mtb. It says you can convert it to a 2 wheeler by adding a 26 inch rear wheel, it does NOT say if
    that 26 inch wheel is included. And would anyone want this behemoth as a 21 speed 2 wheeler?...I
    think NOT.
    -----
    "Hillel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Any opinions on a trike like this? It is a LWB with a trike conversion kit. Looks like the rear
    > brake and gearing are disabled for the trike. I e-mailed the seller for info and he responded that
    > the trike weighs 70 lbs., and front derailleurs can be added to the front triple and for two gears
    > at the mid-drive. The right rear wheel of the trike is driven.
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1987632966

  4. This is a frightening trike. The Back wheel assembly is a Tribi, I think Tribi went belly up a few
    years ago. You can see what a Tribi looks like at the Cambie website, they also show a Quetzal LWB
    Delta using a Tribi conversion. I used to own a couple of Tribi conversion kits...they are very very
    heavy. IF you look at the ebay pic, there is a black thing sticking back from the backrest...I blew
    up the pic and it appears to be a Topeak or Blackburn seatpost mounted rack with a black waterbottle
    laying on it...could be a BLT Ni-cad (unsure). The components look like they came from a Wal-Mart
    Mtb. It says you can convert it to a 2 wheeler by adding a 26 inch rear wheel, it does NOT say if
    that 26 inch wheel is included. And would anyone want this behemoth as a 21 speed 2 wheeler?...I
    think NOT.
    -----
    "Hillel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Any opinions on a trike like this? It is a LWB with a trike conversion kit. Looks like the rear
    > brake and gearing are disabled for the trike. I e-mailed the seller for info and he responded that
    > the trike weighs 70 lbs., and front derailleurs can be added to the front triple and for two gears
    > at the mid-drive. The right rear wheel of the trike is driven.
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1987632966

  5. "Hillel" skrev...
    > Any opinions on a trike like this? It is a LWB with a trike conversion kit. Looks like the rear
    > brake and gearing are disabled for the trike. I e-mailed the seller for info and he responded that
    > the trike weighs 70 lbs., and front derailleurs can be added to the front triple and for two gears
    > at the mid-drive. The right rear wheel of the trike is driven.

    Wouldn't an EZ-3 trike make more sense? More gears, better seat, less weight (?) and built at a
    factory instead of being a homemade with all its quirks.

    Mikael

  6. "Hillel" skrev...
    > Any opinions on a trike like this? It is a LWB with a trike conversion kit. Looks like the rear
    > brake and gearing are disabled for the trike. I e-mailed the seller for info and he responded that
    > the trike weighs 70 lbs., and front derailleurs can be added to the front triple and for two gears
    > at the mid-drive. The right rear wheel of the trike is driven.

    Wouldn't an EZ-3 trike make more sense? More gears, better seat, less weight (?) and built at a
    factory instead of being a homemade with all its quirks.

    Mikael

  7. Joe Mitrovic

    Joe Mitrovic Guest

  8. Joe Mitrovic

    Joe Mitrovic Guest

  9. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Hillel wrote:

    > Any opinions on a trike like this?...

    I liked the looks of the previous blue recumbent trike from Ohio on eBay a lot better. :)

    Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side) RANS "Wavewind" and Rocket, Earth Cycles Sunset and
    Dragonflyer

  10. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

  11. "Joe Mitrovic" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hmmmm Been there, done that. http://members.rogers.com/melonjoe/recumbent.html

    Those are some cool bikes!