LWB bike/trike conversion on e-bay

Hillel

Guest
Any opinions on a trike like this? It is a LWB with a trike conversion kit. Looks like the rear
brake and gearing are disabled for the trike. I e-mailed the seller for info and he responded that
the trike weighs 70 lbs., and front derailleurs can be added to the front triple and for two gears
at the mid-drive. The right rear wheel of the trike is driven.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1987632966

Any opinions on a trike like this? It is a LWB with a trike conversion kit. Looks like the rear
brake and gearing are disabled for the trike. I e-mailed the seller for info and he responded that
the trike weighs 70 lbs., and front derailleurs can be added to the front triple and for two gears
at the mid-drive. The right rear wheel of the trike is driven.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1987632966

This is a frightening trike. The Back wheel assembly is a Tribi, I think Tribi went belly up a few
years ago. You can see what a Tribi looks like at the Cambie website, they also show a Quetzal LWB
Delta using a Tribi conversion. I used to own a couple of Tribi conversion kits...they are very very
heavy. IF you look at the ebay pic, there is a black thing sticking back from the backrest...I blew
up the pic and it appears to be a Topeak or Blackburn seatpost mounted rack with a black waterbottle
laying on it...could be a BLT Ni-cad (unsure). The components look like they came from a Wal-Mart
Mtb. It says you can convert it to a 2 wheeler by adding a 26 inch rear wheel, it does NOT say if
that 26 inch wheel is included. And would anyone want this behemoth as a 21 speed 2 wheeler?...I
think NOT.
-----
"Hillel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Any opinions on a trike like this? It is a LWB with a trike conversion kit. Looks like the rear
> brake and gearing are disabled for the trike. I e-mailed the seller for info and he responded that
> the trike weighs 70 lbs., and front derailleurs can be added to the front triple and for two gears
> at the mid-drive. The right rear wheel of the trike is driven.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1987632966

This is a frightening trike. The Back wheel assembly is a Tribi, I think Tribi went belly up a few
years ago. You can see what a Tribi looks like at the Cambie website, they also show a Quetzal LWB
Delta using a Tribi conversion. I used to own a couple of Tribi conversion kits...they are very very
heavy. IF you look at the ebay pic, there is a black thing sticking back from the backrest...I blew
up the pic and it appears to be a Topeak or Blackburn seatpost mounted rack with a black waterbottle
laying on it...could be a BLT Ni-cad (unsure). The components look like they came from a Wal-Mart
Mtb. It says you can convert it to a 2 wheeler by adding a 26 inch rear wheel, it does NOT say if
that 26 inch wheel is included. And would anyone want this behemoth as a 21 speed 2 wheeler?...I
think NOT.
-----
"Hillel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Any opinions on a trike like this? It is a LWB with a trike conversion kit. Looks like the rear
> brake and gearing are disabled for the trike. I e-mailed the seller for info and he responded that
> the trike weighs 70 lbs., and front derailleurs can be added to the front triple and for two gears
> at the mid-drive. The right rear wheel of the trike is driven.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1987632966

"Hillel" skrev...
> Any opinions on a trike like this? It is a LWB with a trike conversion kit. Looks like the rear
> brake and gearing are disabled for the trike. I e-mailed the seller for info and he responded that
> the trike weighs 70 lbs., and front derailleurs can be added to the front triple and for two gears
> at the mid-drive. The right rear wheel of the trike is driven.

Wouldn't an EZ-3 trike make more sense? More gears, better seat, less weight (?) and built at a
factory instead of being a homemade with all its quirks.

Mikael

"Hillel" skrev...

Hillel wrote:

> Any opinions on a trike like this?...

I liked the looks of the previous blue recumbent trike from Ohio on eBay a lot better. :)

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side) RANS "Wavewind" and Rocket, Earth Cycles Sunset and
Dragonflyer

"Joe Mitrovic" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hmmmm Been there, done that. http://members.rogers.com/melonjoe/recumbent.html

Those are some cool bikes!