Lycra or leather?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ken M, Jan 25, 2006.

  1. Ken M

    Ken M Guest

    I have been noticing that when I ride my commuter with street clothing (
    casual ) I slide down the nose of the saddle more, I don't notice it
    that much when wearing my padded cycling clothing. But being my commuter
    I often ride in street clothing. I have tried to angle the nose of the
    saddle up a bit but find that to be even more uncomfortable. The saddle
    is a sport type saddle with Lycra covering. So the question is this: Is
    leather less slippery than Lycra? Seems like it would be.

    Ken
    --
    You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're
    having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman, The Man Who Loved Bicycles

    Homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

    Tags:

  2. Ken M wrote:
    > I have been noticing that when I ride my commuter with street clothing (
    > casual ) I slide down the nose of the saddle more, I don't notice it
    > that much when wearing my padded cycling clothing. But being my commuter
    > I often ride in street clothing. I have tried to angle the nose of the
    > saddle up a bit but find that to be even more uncomfortable. The saddle
    > is a sport type saddle with Lycra covering. So the question is this: Is
    > leather less slippery than Lycra? Seems like it would be.
    >
    > Ken
    > --
    > You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're
    > having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman, The Man Who Loved Bicycles
    >
    > Homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

    Some MTB type seats have a woven cover. That might be best.

    Joseph

  3. On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:08:40 -0500, Ken M wrote:

    > I have been noticing that when I ride my commuter with street clothing (
    > casual ) I slide down the nose of the saddle more, I don't notice it
    > that much when wearing my padded cycling clothing. But being my commuter
    > I often ride in street clothing. I have tried to angle the nose of the
    > saddle up a bit but find that to be even more uncomfortable.

    Your saddle may be too high.

  4. Ken M

    Ken M Guest

    Michael Warner wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:08:40 -0500, Ken M wrote:
    >

    >>I have been noticing that when I ride my commuter with street clothing (
    >>casual ) I slide down the nose of the saddle more, I don't notice it
    >>that much when wearing my padded cycling clothing. But being my commuter
    >>I often ride in street clothing. I have tried to angle the nose of the
    >>saddle up a bit but find that to be even more uncomfortable.

    > Your saddle may be too high.

    I don't think so, if anything it is a bit too low.
    Ken
    --
    You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're
    having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman, The Man Who Loved Bicycles

    Homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

  5. Terry Morse

    Terry Morse Guest

    Ken M wrote:

    > > Your saddle may be too high.
    > >

    > I don't think so, if anything it is a bit too low.

    I was thinking maybe too far forward. The act of pedaling pushes
    your hips back onto the "cheeks" of the saddle. That's what the
    cheeks are for, to push against. If the saddle's too far forward,
    there's very little force moving the hips back.

    Just a thought.
    --
    Terry Morse - Undiscovered Country Tours - http://udctours.com