Lygon Cycles - Thumbs up

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by GPLama, Oct 3, 2005.

  1. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    In the hunt for another Giant TCR frame (M or M-L) to build up a replica of
    my 'race' bike for commuting and general thrashing about... called up Lygon
    Cycles where I got my TCRc1 from a few months back... one word - awesome

    Spoke to Paul who knew exactly what I wanted, why I wanted it, totally
    understood me from the get go. No frames in stock, or trade ins, so he gets
    on the phone to Giant right away without me even asking.. They didnt have
    any stock either, but he told me to keep checking back with them as they'd
    help me out.

    woot!

    cheers,
    GPL

    Tags:

  2. roshea

    roshea Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 8, 2005
    Messages:
    2,305
    http://tinyurl.com/csy23

  3. Jono L

    Jono L Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2005
    Messages:
    4,434
    Forget commuting! You need a track bike!

  4. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "roshea" wrote in message ...

    > *http://tinyurl.com/xxxx

    *cough* sniping already *cough*... ;)

    I'll easily get one cheaper for 2nd hand, I'll put out 'wanted' feelers in a
    few days I think..

    cheers,
    GPL

  5. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "Jono L" wrote in message ...

    > Forget commuting! You need a track bike!

    Yep, sure do... although I'm not sure if racing track will allow me to sit
    on the front for the last 6kms of every race.. ;)

    cheers,
    GPL

  6. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    GPLama wrote:
    > "Jono L" wrote in message ...
    > >
    > > Forget commuting! You need a track bike!
    > >

    > Yep, sure do... although I'm not sure if racing track will allow me to sit
    > on the front for the last 6kms of every race.. ;)

    Trackies aren't known for brains, it shouldn't be a problem :)

  7. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    roshea wrote:
    > GPLama Wrote:
    >
    >>In the hunt for another Giant TCR frame (M or M-L) to build up a replica
    >>of
    >>my 'race' bike for commuting and general thrashing about

    > *http://tinyurl.com/csy23*

    50cm frame for 5'8"-6'? I wouldn't have thought so.

    DaveB

  8. roshea

    roshea Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 8, 2005
    Messages:
    2,305
    That is the "medium" size for these (compact -sloping top tube), so it may be a little bit out - maybe 5'6"-5'10" is a better guess?

  9. petulance

    petulance Guest

    DaveB wrote:
    > roshea wrote:
    >
    >> GPLama Wrote:
    >>
    >>> In the hunt for another Giant TCR frame (M or M-L) to build up a replica
    >>> of
    >>> my 'race' bike for commuting and general thrashing about

    >> *http://tinyurl.com/csy23*
    >>

    > 50cm frame for 5'8"-6'? I wouldn't have thought so.
    >
    > DaveB

    so you reckon a person of height 5'8"-6' would fit
    a compact Giant 46.5 cm (Small) or 53.5 cm (M-L) frame?

  10. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "petulance" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected].nz...
    > DaveB wrote:
    >> roshea wrote:

    >>> *http://tinyurl.com/csy23*
    >>>

    >> 50cm frame for 5'8"-6'? I wouldn't have thought so.
    >>
    >> DaveB

    > so you reckon a person of height 5'8"-6' would fit
    > a compact Giant 46.5 cm (Small) or 53.5 cm (M-L) frame?

    I ride a small OCR frame and it's a slight reach for me (top tube's a trifle
    long). I'm 5'6".

  11. petulance

    petulance Guest

    Resound wrote:
    > "petulance" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>DaveB wrote:
    >>

    >>>50cm frame for 5'8"-6'? I wouldn't have thought so.
    >>>
    >>>DaveB

    >>so you reckon a person of height 5'8"-6' would fit
    >>a compact Giant 46.5 cm (Small) or 53.5 cm (M-L) frame?

    > I ride a small OCR frame and it's a slight reach for me (top tube's a trifle
    > long). I'm 5'6".

    I jumped on a small and medium TCR on the weekend and both bikes seemed
    fine with me (I'm 170cm tall). Of course, I should get a proper fitting
    when I decide to part with some cash.

  12. pase

    pase New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    giant's medium compact (50cm) is pretty close to a 55cm equivalent.

    im sure one of you could look up the top tube length of the giant website.

    anyway, im 5'10-5'11 and would ride a medium, if i rode a giant

  13. Mark

    Mark Guest

    "pase" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]

    > giant's medium compact (50cm) is pretty close to a 55cm equivalent.
    >
    > im sure one of you could look up the top tube length of the giant
    > website.
    >
    > anyway, im 5'10-5'11 and would ride a medium, if i rode a giant
    >

    > --
    > pase

    I am 5'7" and ride a small OCR. It feels just right to me.

  14. dave

    dave Guest

    Mark wrote:
    > "pase" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]
    >
    >>giant's medium compact (50cm) is pretty close to a 55cm equivalent.
    >>
    >>im sure one of you could look up the top tube length of the giant
    >>website.
    >>
    >>anyway, im 5'10-5'11 and would ride a medium, if i rode a giant
    >>

    >>--
    >>pase
    >>

    > I am 5'7" and ride a small OCR. It feels just right to me.

    I am 5 11 and a bit and I have a medium TCR. Straight out of the box
    its fine for me.
    A better fit than my fractionally large 58 Giant. So its about a 56 or 57

  15. roshea

    roshea Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 8, 2005
    Messages:
    2,305
    Auction ended with no bids at $600.

  16. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "roshea" wrote in message ...

    > Auction ended with no bids at $600.

    Like a good sniper - I was watching :)

    I picked up a TCR1 '05 M-L frame and fork yesterday from someone in Bendigo
    for that exact price.. plus I got some Ultegra brakes front and back for
    it..

    Spent yesterday building it all up and just got back from my first ride on
    it (55kms rolling hills).... strangely enough, it feels like my TCRc1 '05...
    exactly what I was after.

    cheers,
    GPL