Lynn Gaggioli

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ronde Champ, Mar 10, 2003.

  1. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    Lynn Gagiolli was DQ'ed at Panoma for pacing off the pro men's field. Then they realized that she
    didn't pace off the men's field so they reinstated her...then they found out the reason that she had
    made up so much time was not that she paced off the men, it was that she got in a car, drove for a
    while, then got back out and rode across the finish...so they DQed her again.

    We have the greatest sport.

    Thanks, Ronde Champ

    Tags:

  2. Ronde Chimp

    Ronde Chimp Guest

    On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:03:11 -0500, "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Lynn Gagiolli was DQ'ed at Panoma for pacing off the pro men's field. Then they realized that she
    >didn't pace off the men's field so they reinstated her...then they found out the reason that she
    >had made up so much time was not that she paced off the men, it was that she got in a car, drove
    >for a while, then got back out and rode across the finish...so they DQed her again.
    >
    >We have the greatest sport.
    >
    >Thanks, Ronde Champ

    That's the funniest thing Ive heard in a long time. Thanks for the morning laugh.

    Ronde Chimp

  3. A year ago to the day - and the South African version of the Amateur Worlds was rocked: "Cape Town -
    The women's race in the Argus Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour was rocked by controversy on Sunday after Port
    Elizabeth rider Anriette Schoeman, celebrating her third consecutive victory, was informed that a
    mystery woman had finished ahead of her. Race officials spent four hours trying to work out whether
    Ronelle Liss of Stellenbosch had beaten South Africa's top woman rider fair and square."

    For more, see: http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=6&click_id=4&art_id=qw1015762860223S16 3

    End result was that the fine lady, as well as her fine husband, were both found to have take
    shortcuts to such extent that both managed to "win" the respective "A" rides for females and
    males overall.

    Carinus
    ps: if you wish to enjoy the whole saga, pse go to www.iol.co.za, and do a search in the archives
    for: "liss"

    "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Lynn Gagiolli was DQ'ed at Panoma for pacing off the pro men's field. Then they realized that she
    > didn't pace off the men's field so they reinstated her...then they found out the reason that she
    > had made up so much time was not that she paced off the men, it was that she got in a car, drove
    > for a while, then got back out and rode across the finish...so they DQed her again.
    >
    > We have the greatest sport.
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Champ

  4. Hugh088

    Hugh088 Guest

    Reminds me of the story of Rosey Ruiz who cheated and took the subway to win the New York marathon
    in the early 80's. After that a sports store in New York was selling "Rosey" running shorts with a
    free subway token in the liitle key pocket on the inside of the waist band. Chris

    "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Lynn Gagiolli was DQ'ed at Panoma for pacing off the pro men's field. Then they realized that she
    > didn't pace off the men's field so they reinstated her...then they found out the reason that she
    > had made up so much time was not that she paced off the men, it was that she got in a car, drove
    > for a while, then got back out and rode across the finish...so they DQed her again.
    >
    > We have the greatest sport.
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Champ

  5. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    inside joke aren't ya.

    "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Lynn Gagiolli was DQ'ed at Panoma for pacing off the pro men's field. Then they realized that she
    > didn't pace off the men's field so they reinstated her...then they found out the reason that she
    > had made up so much time was not that she paced off the men, it was that she got in a car, drove
    > for a while, then got back out and rode across the finish...so they DQed her again.
    >
    > We have the greatest sport.
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Champ

  6. think rosey was boston.........no?

    "hugh088" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Reminds me of the story of Rosey Ruiz who cheated and took the subway to
    win
    > the New York marathon in the early 80's. After that a sports store in New York was selling
    > "Rosey" running shorts with a free subway token in the liitle key pocket on the inside of the
    > waist band. Chris
    >
    > "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Lynn Gagiolli was DQ'ed at Panoma for pacing off the pro men's field. Then they realized that
    > > she didn't pace off the men's field so they reinstated her...then they found out the reason that
    > > she had made up so much time was not that she paced off the men, it was that she got in a car,
    > > drove for a while, then got back out and rode across the finish...so they DQed her again.
    > >
    > > We have the greatest sport.
    > >
    > > Thanks, Ronde Champ

  7. Ronde Chimp

    Ronde Chimp Guest

    On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:02:13 -0700, "JTN" <[email protected].com> wrote:

    >inside joke aren't ya.
    >

    >"ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Lynn Gagiolli was DQ'ed at Panoma for pacing off the pro men's field. Then they realized that she
    >> didn't pace off the men's field so they reinstated her...then they found out the reason that she
    >> had made up so much time was not that she paced off the men, it was that she got in a car, drove
    >> for a while, then got back out and rode across the finish...so they DQed her again.
    >>
    >> We have the greatest sport.
    >>
    >> Thanks, Ronde Champ

    http://www.scvelo.com/pvsr/2003results/stage4/communique5.pdf

    Can't believe she was riding in the women's category, because it sounds like she's got balls the
    size of Montana.

    Anybody with more specifics please give us more details.

    Thanks, Ronde Chimp

  8. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    I like how the document is all in English except for the title line of "communiqué". must make them
    feel like they are working for the TDF.....

    back to the gaggioli. maybe the support car had to get something to eat so they dropped her
    outside of town....lololololololo next time she rides across early i bet she covers her number or
    takes it off....

  9. "hugh088" <[email protected]> writes:

    > Reminds me of the story of Rosey Ruiz who cheated and took the subway to win the New York marathon
    > in the early 80's. After that a sports store in New York was selling "Rosey" running shorts with a
    > free subway token in the liitle key pocket on the inside of the waist band. Chris

    Boston.

    http://www.who2.com/rosieruiz.html

    -Gerard

  10. Hugh088

    Hugh088 Guest

    I sit corrected. Chris "Gerard Lanois" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "hugh088" <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    > > Reminds me of the story of Rosey Ruiz who cheated and took the subway to
    win
    > > the New York marathon in the early 80's. After that a sports store in
    New
    > > York was selling "Rosey" running shorts with a free subway token in the liitle key pocket on the
    > > inside of the waist band. Chris
    >
    > Boston.
    >
    > http://www.who2.com/rosieruiz.html
    >
    > -Gerard

  11. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    Email me in private Changbang. I'll forward to La Famiglia. If it's good enough, we may let you in.

    Thanks, Ronde Champ

    > "Ronde Chimp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > http://www.scvelo.com/pvsr/2003results/stage4/communique5.pdf
    > >
    > > Can't believe she was riding in the women's category, because it sounds like she's got balls the
    > > size of Montana.
    > >
    > > Anybody with more specifics please give us more details.
    >

    > Apparently, she's reasonably attractive.
    >

    > I've heard some other interesting stuff, but it's not the sort of thing to
    be posted here.

  12. Sabine

    Sabine Guest

    "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Lynn Gagiolli was DQ'ed at Panoma for pacing off the pro men's field. Then they realized that she
    > didn't pace off the men's field so they reinstated her...then they found out the reason that she
    > had made up so much time was not that she paced off the men, it was that she got in a car, drove
    > for a while, then got back out and rode across the finish...so they DQed her again.
    >
    > We have the greatest sport.
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Champ

    I almost fell out of my chair when I read the communique. There has got be a story behind this.
    Lynn's been riding awesome so far this season, and was 7th in the time trial. She will be guest
    riding for us in the upcoming stage races so I'm hoping there's an explanation...or a sneakier car.

    Sabine www.velobella.org

  13. Deeznuts

    Deeznuts Guest

  14. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "sabine" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:fb3b[email protected]...
    > "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Lynn Gagiolli was DQ'ed at Panoma for pacing off the pro men's field. Then they realized that
    > > she didn't pace off the men's field so they reinstated her...then they found out the reason that
    > > she had made up so much time was not that she paced off the men, it was that she got in a car,
    > > drove for a while, then got back out and rode across the finish...so they DQed her again.
    > >
    > > We have the greatest sport.
    > >
    > > Thanks, Ronde Champ
    >
    > I almost fell out of my chair when I read the communique. There has got be a story behind
    > this. Lynn's been riding awesome so far this season, and was 7th in the time trial. She will
    > be guest riding for us in the upcoming stage races so I'm hoping there's an explanation...or a
    > sneakier car.
    >
    > Sabine www.velobella.org

    I know this is a dumb question but is she related to Roberto?...may explain a lot.

    Danny Callen

  15. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    I think that was his first wife. He dumped her after he won the Tour the fourth time.

    "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "sabine" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Lynn Gagiolli was DQ'ed at Panoma for pacing off the pro men's field. Then they realized that
    > > > she didn't pace off the men's field so they reinstated her...then they found out the reason
    > > > that she had made up so much time was not that she paced off the men, it was that she got in a
    > > > car, drove for a while, then got back out and rode across the finish...so they DQed her again.
    > > >
    > > > We have the greatest sport.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks, Ronde Champ
    > >
    > > I almost fell out of my chair when I read the communique. There has got be a story behind
    > > this. Lynn's been riding awesome so far this season, and was 7th in the time trial. She will
    > > be guest riding for us in the upcoming stage races so I'm hoping there's an explanation...or a
    > > sneakier car.
    > >
    > > Sabine www.velobella.org
    >
    > I know this is a dumb question but is she related to Roberto?...may
    explain
    > a lot.
    >
    > Danny Callen

  16. Tony Rall

    Tony Rall Guest

  17. Ronde Chimp

    Ronde Chimp Guest

    On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 05:00:51 GMT, "Kurgan Gringioni"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Ronde Chimp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >> http://www.scvelo.com/pvsr/2003results/stage4/communique5.pdf
    >>
    >> Can't believe she was riding in the women's category, because it sounds like she's got balls the
    >> size of Montana.
    >>
    >> Anybody with more specifics please give us more details.
    >
    >Apparently, she's reasonably attractive. I've heard some other interesting stuff, but it's not the
    >sort of thing to be posted here.

    Um, I wasn't calling her a mutt. I was just saying she has kahones... Do tell about the interesting
    stuff, or post pix...

    Thanks, Ronde Chimp

  18. > Apparently, she's reasonably attractive.

    > I've heard some other interesting stuff, but it's not the sort of thing to be posted here.

    Speaking of reasonably attractive whatever happened to Brooke Blackwelder? She was in those Breck
    commercials and looking quite fine, if I do so say so myself. Didn't she test positive somewhere
    last year?

  19. Ronde Chimp

    Ronde Chimp Guest

    On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:03:11 -0500, "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Lynn Gagiolli was DQ'ed at Panoma for pacing off the pro men's field. Then they realized that she
    >didn't pace off the men's field so they reinstated her...then they found out the reason that she
    >had made up so much time was not that she paced off the men, it was that she got in a car, drove
    >for a while, then got back out and rode across the finish...so they DQed her again.
    >
    >We have the greatest sport.
    >
    >Thanks, Ronde Champ

    Any more news on this? Surprised it didn't make it to Velonews...

    Thanks, Ronde Chimp