Lyotard platform pedals : how many 4mm ball-bearings

says...

> Sheldon "Round Numbers" Brown

That'd be Round Numbers like 0.25 and 0.5. Not to mention my personal
favourites:
0.15625
0.1875
0.3125
0.21875
and
0.234375

Special... really special ;-)

Jon

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:48:16 -0400, Sheldon Brown
<[email protected]> wrote:

<snip>
>> Quite. Especially when it gives us the opportunity to make all those
>> metrophile European buy at least one Imperial measuring instrument ;-)

>Actually, it doesn't. When I lived in France, a highly knowledgeable
>cyclist was astonished to learn from me that what he always thought of
>as "6.35 mm" bearing balls were actually 1/4" and that "12.7 mm" pitch
>chain was actualy 1/2". I think most Euro folks have no clue/clew about
>this, and have no idea that they're using parts with inch-based dimensions.

Here in Asia, when we work on stuff for the US, our drawings always
show inch and metric dimensions. Makes life a lot easier.

Michael J. Klein
Please replace mousepotato with asiancastings