M/L or Large Giant TCR? 6'1" 33.5 inseam

price999

Jun 30, 2007
I'm going to buy an 06 Giant TCR C2 online and I'm confused about which size bike will fit me best. Although my height 6'1" suggests the Large frame, when I take my inseam 33.5 x 2.54 = 85cm x .67 = 57cm is what the equation says my conventional frame size should be. They contradict each other, so I'm having a problem making a decision. Anyone have any real world examples of what has worked for them? Thanks

Giant compact sizing guide
Frame Seat tube/Top tube
57-59cm 5’10” - 6’0” M/L 53.5/57
58-60cm 6’0” - 6’3” L 55.5/58.5

that's what I'm saying, the sizing page contradicts itself from my 6'1" height and their suggestion of 58-60cm Large frame for 6’0” - 6’3” riders.

In the same sizing chart they suggest riders from 5"10" - 6' use a conventional frame size of 57-59cm or M/L.

Well I'm 6'1" which suggests a Large frame, but when I measure my 85cm inseam x .67 = a 57cm frame recommendation which is a M/L?

I just bought (within the last 2 months) a Gaint OCR-2 with a medium frame. I am 5' 10" tall with a 32"-33" inseam. This bike fits me perfectly!!! I hope this helps.

Tom

price999 said:
that's what I'm saying, the sizing page contradicts itself from my 6'1" height and their suggestion of 58-60cm Large frame for 6’0” - 6’3” riders.

In the same sizing chart they suggest riders from 5"10" - 6' use a conventional frame size of 57-59cm or M/L.

Well I'm 6'1" which suggests a Large frame, but when I measure my 85cm inseam x .67 = a 57cm frame recommendation which is a M/L?
Why not go to a bike shop and test ride one? That way you will know what size to get.

Rob

price999 said:
just test drove a Large Giant today that felt pefect.
There you go. You just gotta, really, test drive one before you buy it. And, you're getting a heckuva bike in that TCR. You'll love it and you will be able to ride it for a very long time. What kind of components are on it? I could go to Giants site to find out but I'd like to see you tell me about it.

Rob

Drivetrain is mostly Shimano 105 group, but has a Ultegra front derailer, Xero XSR-3 wheels, Truvativ compact crank set, and some no name brakes that I'll quickly replace. Should be a great bike. Thanks for the comments!

price999 said:
Drivetrain is mostly Shimano 105 group, but has a Ultegra front derailer, Xero XSR-3 wheels, Truvativ compact crank set, and some no name brakes that I'll quickly replace. Should be a great bike. Thanks for the comments!
It will serve you well for years to come.

Rob