M2 Action this Saturday

scotty72

Jul 10, 2005
This Saturday, 27th Jan. local cyclists are invited to attend a ride along the affected section of the M2 - ear-marked to be closed to cyclists from next month.

Whether you are a social rider, commuter or elite athlete, please come and ride to show the NSW govt that we want our lanes preserved.

We will NOT be blocking traffic or attempting disruption of any form. The intention is to simply ride a few laps of the affected section (Delhi Rd to Beecroft - cross over the bridge - then back again) to demonstrate our presence.

There is no leader and you are welcome to ride at your own pace (do a training ride if you like), the point is to be seen and make your presence felt.

Meet at 9 am Sat at the northern end of Vimiera Road (M2 bike access hole), Marsfield.

Please come and help save these lanes - or we may lose others.

Scotty

I cant make the ride this weekend but train on the m2 a couple of times a week.

I encourage anyone close by to get out and support this.
thanks Scotty!

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I am now living in Canberra. Please support Scotty's initiative, the altenative route is relatively more dangerous, and slower.

I was commuting from Parra to to the business park along Delhi road, and if I had to ride the alternative route, I would have rather driven.