M5 Carbon Lowracer - Buyer Beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[email protected] (bluphoton) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Ed, Thanks for the support. In prior emails, did you notice how Bram refers to Americans? Did
> you catch an attitude? Today I received more email from Bram. This newsgroup is having an
> effect. ......
> I've been involved in several business throughout my life, always based in New Orleans. My
> reputation speaks for itself. My successful computer business is now ten years old. I look my
> clients in the eye almost daily. The success of my business, as well as any business, depends on
> integrity. Period
>
> I conduct business on a handshake. It is certainly an efficient, win-win situation for both my
> clients, as well as my organization. It's an economic law that the cornerstone of capitalism is
> trust. Without trust capitalism fails. However, there are some who do not operate their businesses
> with such wisdom!

Bravo on the two paragraphs above! That is the way I conduct my business too.

Eli, you have really burned your bridges behind you. You have crossed the Rubicon and there is now
no possibility of retreat. It is victory or death!

If only some of the wimps to be found everywhere in our society had your courage and fortitude -
and moxie! You are a man after my own heart. But we are all mostly sheep. We not only allow
ourselves to get

I am sure your posts have been an eye opener to some on this newsgroup too as I too often see my
fellow cyclists making excuses for inferior products that they have paid top dollar for. They are
always trying to understand the ununderstandable. When you pay top dollar for something you do
expect at the very least that the dealer is going to stand behind the product.

Best of luck to you in your struggle with this Moen character.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

THE REAL FACTS about M5 Carbon Low Racer "case" from Mr. Eli Lucas, director of: On-Site
Computerservices, Inc. 221 Barry Ave. LA 70121 Jefferson, USA.

M5 CLR bike received and paid in November 2002 (not January 2003) Bike value amount: M5 invoice nr.
2-1187 in USD (based on rate of 10-november 2002 1.0138) USD 5407.91=> NOT 7000 USD!! Some parts
like TI bottom bracket were even offered free of charge!!

The only reported defect on the CLR by Mr. Lucas (even without proof by picture!), which occured was
a loosened alu bracket which houses the bottom bracket.

This was solved and send without any costs (free FEDEX shipment of course) within one week!

For the rest we only received very abusive language and shouting from this customer.

This Mr. Lucas also abuses two other M5 CLR customers in the same town in saying that these are also
very dissatisfied.

The fact is that one of these customers, Mr. Dale Workman is so happy with the M5 Carbon Low Racer
that he even ordered a second one!!

To satisfy this Mr. Lucas, despite his very, very abusive language use towards M5 and Bram Moens he
was offered in 3 different ways to get the money refunded for his bike because M5 had the idea that
this specific customer could never, ever be satisfied...........

He refused all these proposals because he didn't trust us.....

M5 even offered him to have the money "parked" on a special account of a notary to refund him as
soon as the bike has been received by M5.

By doing this, M5 have done all, and even more, then they are legally obliged to do!

We further deeply regret that newsgroups like this are misused in such a way to proclaim incomplete
and twisted stories like these from this
Mr. Lucas.

Bram Moens, M5 Recumbents M5 Recumbents & Handbikes

Nwe. Kleverskerkseweg 23 4338 PP Middelburg (NL)
(N) +31 (0)118 628759
(O) +31 (0)118 642719
(P) [email protected]
(Q) www.m5-ligfietsen.com

Businesshours: Tuesday - Friday: 09.00 - 17.30 CET Saturday: 10.00 - 16.00 CET

[...]

Mailing it once is enough for everyone to see it btw. You dont have to stick it on every branch of
the thread.

And said gentlemans style probably convinced most of us who to give most credit. (That would be M5.
At least for me)

Regards Mikael

Mikael Seierup must be edykated coz e writed:

> Mailing it once is enough for everyone to see it btw. You dont have to stick it on every branch of
> the thread.
>
> And said gentlemans style probably convinced most of us who to give most credit. (That would be
> M5. At least for me)
>
> Regards Mikael
Same here Mikael, I have a few friends with M5's, all of whom are very happy.

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Mikael Seierup wrote:
> Mailing it once is enough for everyone to see it btw. You dont have to stick it on every branch of
> the thread.
>
> And said gentlemans style probably convinced most of us who to give most credit. (That would be
> M5. At least for me)
>
> Regards Mikael

I felt the same way. It was like hearing one side of a phone conversation - I kept wondering what
the other side was saying. But I knew that this side was abusive in the extreme, and that had the
effect of pushing me away from his position. Plus, I could see nothing wrong with placing the
refund money in the hands of an intermediary, to be released upon receipt of the bike. That
sounded more than fair, it was logical. Dismissing that with more abusive language just convinced
me even more which side to avoid.

--
Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney