MAD COW SCARE BURSTS HIGH-PROTEIN BUBBLE

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Dr. Jai Maharaj, Dec 26, 2003.

  1. News Release

    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Wednesday, December 24, 2003

    CONTACT: Contact: Ms. Simon Chaitowitz, Communications Director 202-686-2210 ext. 309

    Mad Cow Scare Could Burst the High-Protein Bubble Doctors and Dietitians Available for Comment

    Washington, D.C. -- Doctors and nutritionists with the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
    are available for comment on the first suspected case of mad cow disease in the United States and
    what it means for meat-eaters, especially high-protein dieters. Mad cow disease is also known as
    bovine spongiform encephalopathy, or BSE.

    ''This catastrophe might open some eyes to the many problems with meat-heavy diets -- not just mad
    cow disease,'' says Amy Joy Lanou, Ph.D., PCRM nutrition director. ''As frightening as this disease
    is, the truth is that all animal products are risky -- whether or not they may harbor prions, the
    infectious agent responsible for mad cow disease. So high-protein dieters, in particular, should
    realize that they are not doing themselves any favors by switching from beef to chicken.''

    Studies show that high-saturated fat, high-cholesterol foods greatly increase one’s risk of heart
    disease, colon cancer, diabetes, and hypertension. Diets rich in animal protein are also linked to
    an increased risk of kidney disease and bone loss. Nearly 700,000 Americans die a year from coronary
    artery disease alone, much of which could be prevented by a low-fat vegetarian diet. In comparison,
    less then 200 people in Britain have died of the human version of mad cow disease, variant Creutzfeldt-
    Jakob Disease (vCJD).

    In January 2001, PCRM issued a set of recommendations to the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the
    Department of Health and Human Services calling on the agencies to take stronger steps to protect
    the American public from mad cow disease and vCJD.

    PCRM is offering free copies of its 16-page Vegetarian Starter Kit to anyone sending a postcard to
    PCRM, 5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016. Free vegetarian recipes and
    nutrition information are available at www.pcrm.org.

    Founded in 1985, the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is a nonprofit health
    organization that promotes preventive medicine, especially good nutrition. PCRM also conducts
    clinical research studies, opposes unethical human experimentation, and promotes alternatives to
    animal research. -30- http://pcrm.org/news/health031224.html

    End of forwarded message

    Jai Maharaj http://www.mantra.com/jai Om Shanti

    Panchaang for 3 Paush 5104, Friday, December 26, 2003:

    Shubhanu Nama Samvatsare Uttarayane Moksh Ritau Dhanush Mase Shukl Pakshe Shukr Vasara Yuktayam
    Dhanishtth Nakshatr Harshan-Vajr Yog Vishti-Bav Karan Chaturthi-Panchami Yam Tithau

    Hindu Holocaust Museum http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

    Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy http://www.hindu.org http://www.hindunet.org

    The truth about Islam and Muslims http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

    o Not for commercial use. Solely to be fairly used for the educational purposes of research and
    open discussion. The contents of this post may not have been authored by, and do not
    necessarily represent the opinion of the poster. The contents are protected by copyright law
    and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works. o If you send private e-mail to me, it
    will likely not be read, considered or answered if it does not contain your full legal name,
    current e-mail and postal addresses, and live-voice telephone number. o Posted for information
    and discussion. Views expressed by others are not necessarily those of the poster.

    Tags:

  2. Ddwyer

    Ddwyer Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Dr. Jai Maharaj <[email protected]> writes
> [...]
    >
    >Hindu Holocaust Museum http://www.mantra.com/holocaust
    >
    >Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy http://www.hindu.org http://www.hindunet.org
    >
    >The truth about Islam and Muslims http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate
    >
    > o Not for commercial use. Solely to be fairly used for the educational purposes of research
    > and open discussion. The contents of this post may not have been authored by, and do not
    > necessarily represent the opinion of the poster. The contents are protected by copyright law
    > and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works. o If you send private e-mail to me, it
    > will likely not be read, considered or answered if it does not contain your full legal name,
    > current e-mail and postal addresses, and live-voice telephone number. o Posted for information
    > and discussion. Views expressed by others are not necessarily those of the poster.
    I was aware of prion problems in the uk in 1987through social contacts in the feed formulation and
    vet areas. Evidence seems to indicate that it is the low grade protein that carries most prion
    infection ie spinal and neural tissue. In the UK this material used to be a low cost source of
    protein in sausages and to inject into steak as a tenderiser. Eat steak without additions with much
    less chance of infection. Avoid ground steak etc. Note the isolated case cannot by definition be
    isolated. The feeding of animal protein to animals in a closed loop capable of becoming inhabited
    (almost like a resonance) avoid it.!!! Prions withstand temperature over 300C so they will also be
    long lived in the soil dont use the blood of animals as fertilizer on the soil of herbivores.

    --
    ddwyer

  3. Snoopy

    Snoopy Guest

    Johnny Judas Jay "the jackass jyotishit" Maharaj wrote:

    > News Release
    >
    > FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Wednesday, December 24, 2003
    >
    > CONTACT: Contact: Ms. Simon Chaitowitz, Communications Director 202-686-2210 ext. 309
    >
    > Mad Cow Scare Could Burst the High-Protein Bubble Doctors and Dietitians Available for Comment

    The statement contains nothing to explain what the "high-protein bubble" ia, or how BSE could
    "burst" it.

    > PCRM is offering free copies of its 16-page Vegetarian Starter Kit to anyone sending a postcard
    > to PCRM,

    Interestingly, PCRM, "Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine", is composed primarily of non-
    physicians whose sole aim is the promotion of vegetarianism, not responsible medicine.

    "The AMA finds the recommendations of PCRM irresponsible and potentially dangerous to the health and
    welfare of Americans. The AMA charges that PCRM is "blatantly misleading Americans on a health
    matter and concealing its true purpose as an animal 'rights' organization." http://www.ncahf.org/articles/o-
    r/pcrm.html

    Got mangoes, jyotishit?

  4. Mr. 4x

    Mr. 4x Guest

    [email protected] (F...nozzle) wrote in message news:health-
    [email protected]:

    > News Release
    >
    > FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Wednesday, December 24, 2003
    >
    > CONTACT: Contact: Ms. Simon Chaitowitz, Communications Director 202-686-2210 ext. 309
    >
    > Mad Cow Scare Could Burst the High-Protein Bubble Doctors and Dietitians Available for Comment
    >
    > Washington, D.C. -- Doctors and nutritionists with the Physicians Committee for Responsible
    > Medicine are available for comment on the first suspected case of mad cow disease in the United
    > States and what it means for meat-eaters, especially high-protein dieters. Mad cow disease is also
    > known as bovine spongiform encephalopathy, or BSE.
    >
    > ''This catastrophe might open some eyes to the many problems with meat-heavy diets -- not just mad
    > cow disease,'' says Amy Joy Lanou, Ph.D., PCRM nutrition director. ''As frightening as this
    > disease is, the truth is that all animal products are risky -- whether or not they may harbor
    > prions, the infectious agent responsible for mad cow disease. So high-protein dieters, in
    > particular, should realize that they are not doing themselves any favors by switching from beef to
    > chicken.''
    >
    > Studies show that high-saturated fat, high-cholesterol foods greatly increase one’s risk of heart
    > disease, colon cancer, diabetes, and hypertension. Diets rich in animal

    What does *this* have to do with mad cow/CJD/'kuru', F...nozzle?

    > protein are also linked to an increased risk of kidney disease and bone loss. Nearly 700,000
    > Americans die a

    Incomplete diets are 'linked to' lack of proteins and trace elements.

    > year from coronary artery disease alone, much of which could be prevented by a low-fat vegetarian
    > diet. In comparison, less then 200 people in Britain have died of the human version of mad cow
    > disease, variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (vCJD).
    >
    > In January 2001, PCRM issued a set of recommendations to the U.S. Department of Agriculture and
    > the Department of Health and Human Services calling on the agencies to take stronger steps to
    > protect the American public from mad cow disease and vCJD.
    >
    > PCRM is offering free copies of its 16-page Vegetarian Starter Kit to anyone sending a postcard to
    > PCRM, 5100

    Propaganda noted, F...nozzle.