MAD COW SCARE BURSTS HIGH-PROTEIN BUBBLE

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Guest
News Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Wednesday, December 24, 2003

CONTACT: Contact: Ms. Simon Chaitowitz, Communications Director 202-686-2210 ext. 309

Mad Cow Scare Could Burst the High-Protein Bubble Doctors and Dietitians Available for Comment

Washington, D.C. -- Doctors and nutritionists with the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
are available for comment on the first suspected case of mad cow disease in the United States and
what it means for meat-eaters, especially high-protein dieters. Mad cow disease is also known as
bovine spongiform encephalopathy, or BSE.

''This catastrophe might open some eyes to the many problems with meat-heavy diets -- not just mad
cow disease,'' says Amy Joy Lanou, Ph.D., PCRM nutrition director. ''As frightening as this disease
is, the truth is that all animal products are risky -- whether or not they may harbor prions, the
infectious agent responsible for mad cow disease. So high-protein dieters, in particular, should
realize that they are not doing themselves any favors by switching from beef to chicken.''

Studies show that high-saturated fat, high-cholesterol foods greatly increase one’s risk of heart
disease, colon cancer, diabetes, and hypertension. Diets rich in animal protein are also linked to
an increased risk of kidney disease and bone loss. Nearly 700,000 Americans die a year from coronary
artery disease alone, much of which could be prevented by a low-fat vegetarian diet. In comparison,
less then 200 people in Britain have died of the human version of mad cow disease, variant Creutzfeldt-
Jakob Disease (vCJD).

In January 2001, PCRM issued a set of recommendations to the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the
Department of Health and Human Services calling on the agencies to take stronger steps to protect
the American public from mad cow disease and vCJD.

PCRM is offering free copies of its 16-page Vegetarian Starter Kit to anyone sending a postcard to
PCRM, 5100 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20016. Free vegetarian recipes and
nutrition information are available at www.pcrm.org.

Founded in 1985, the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is a nonprofit health
organization that promotes preventive medicine, especially good nutrition. PCRM also conducts
clinical research studies, opposes unethical human experimentation, and promotes alternatives to
animal research. -30- http://pcrm.org/news/health031224.html

End of forwarded message

Jai Maharaj http://www.mantra.com/jai Om Shanti

Panchaang for 3 Paush 5104, Friday, December 26, 2003:

Shubhanu Nama Samvatsare Uttarayane Moksh Ritau Dhanush Mase Shukl Pakshe Shukr Vasara Yuktayam
Dhanishtth Nakshatr Harshan-Vajr Yog Vishti-Bav Karan Chaturthi-Panchami Yam Tithau

Hindu Holocaust Museum http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy http://www.hindu.org http://www.hindunet.org

The truth about Islam and Muslims http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

o Not for commercial use. Solely to be fairly used for the educational purposes of research and
open discussion. The contents of this post may not have been authored by, and do not
necessarily represent the opinion of the poster. The contents are protected by copyright law
and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works. o If you send private e-mail to me, it
will likely not be read, considered or answered if it does not contain your full legal name,
current e-mail and postal addresses, and live-voice telephone number. o Posted for information
and discussion. Views expressed by others are not necessarily those of the poster.

In article <[email protected]>, Dr. Jai Maharaj <[email protected]> writes
> [...]
>
>Hindu Holocaust Museum http://www.mantra.com/holocaust
>
>Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy http://www.hindu.org http://www.hindunet.org
>
>The truth about Islam and Muslims http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate
>
> o Not for commercial use. Solely to be fairly used for the educational purposes of research
> and open discussion. The contents of this post may not have been authored by, and do not
> necessarily represent the opinion of the poster. The contents are protected by copyright law
> and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works. o If you send private e-mail to me, it
> will likely not be read, considered or answered if it does not contain your full legal name,
> current e-mail and postal addresses, and live-voice telephone number. o Posted for information
> and discussion. Views expressed by others are not necessarily those of the poster.
I was aware of prion problems in the uk in 1987through social contacts in the feed formulation and
vet areas. Evidence seems to indicate that it is the low grade protein that carries most prion
infection ie spinal and neural tissue. In the UK this material used to be a low cost source of
protein in sausages and to inject into steak as a tenderiser. Eat steak without additions with much
less chance of infection. Avoid ground steak etc. Note the isolated case cannot by definition be
isolated. The feeding of animal protein to animals in a closed loop capable of becoming inhabited
(almost like a resonance) avoid it.!!! Prions withstand temperature over 300C so they will also be
long lived in the soil dont use the blood of animals as fertilizer on the soil of herbivores.

--
ddwyer

Johnny Judas Jay "the jackass jyotishit" Maharaj wrote:

> News Release
>
> FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Wednesday, December 24, 2003
>
> CONTACT: Contact: Ms. Simon Chaitowitz, Communications Director 202-686-2210 ext. 309
>
> Mad Cow Scare Could Burst the High-Protein Bubble Doctors and Dietitians Available for Comment

The statement contains nothing to explain what the "high-protein bubble" ia, or how BSE could
"burst" it.

> PCRM is offering free copies of its 16-page Vegetarian Starter Kit to anyone sending a postcard
> to PCRM,

Interestingly, PCRM, "Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine", is composed primarily of non-
physicians whose sole aim is the promotion of vegetarianism, not responsible medicine.

"The AMA finds the recommendations of PCRM irresponsible and potentially dangerous to the health and
welfare of Americans. The AMA charges that PCRM is "blatantly misleading Americans on a health
matter and concealing its true purpose as an animal 'rights' organization." http://www.ncahf.org/articles/o-
r/pcrm.html

Got mangoes, jyotishit?

[email protected] (F...nozzle) wrote in message news:health-
[email protected]:

> News Release
>
> FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Wednesday, December 24, 2003
>
> CONTACT: Contact: Ms. Simon Chaitowitz, Communications Director 202-686-2210 ext. 309
>
> Mad Cow Scare Could Burst the High-Protein Bubble Doctors and Dietitians Available for Comment
>
> Washington, D.C. -- Doctors and nutritionists with the Physicians Committee for Responsible
> Medicine are available for comment on the first suspected case of mad cow disease in the United
> States and what it means for meat-eaters, especially high-protein dieters. Mad cow disease is also
> known as bovine spongiform encephalopathy, or BSE.
>
> ''This catastrophe might open some eyes to the many problems with meat-heavy diets -- not just mad
> cow disease,'' says Amy Joy Lanou, Ph.D., PCRM nutrition director. ''As frightening as this
> disease is, the truth is that all animal products are risky -- whether or not they may harbor
> prions, the infectious agent responsible for mad cow disease. So high-protein dieters, in
> particular, should realize that they are not doing themselves any favors by switching from beef to
> chicken.''
>
> Studies show that high-saturated fat, high-cholesterol foods greatly increase one’s risk of heart
> disease, colon cancer, diabetes, and hypertension. Diets rich in animal

What does *this* have to do with mad cow/CJD/'kuru', F...nozzle?

> protein are also linked to an increased risk of kidney disease and bone loss. Nearly 700,000
> Americans die a

Incomplete diets are 'linked to' lack of proteins and trace elements.

> year from coronary artery disease alone, much of which could be prevented by a low-fat vegetarian
> diet. In comparison, less then 200 people in Britain have died of the human version of mad cow
> disease, variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (vCJD).
>
> In January 2001, PCRM issued a set of recommendations to the U.S. Department of Agriculture and
> the Department of Health and Human Services calling on the agencies to take stronger steps to
> protect the American public from mad cow disease and vCJD.
>
> PCRM is offering free copies of its 16-page Vegetarian Starter Kit to anyone sending a postcard to
> PCRM, 5100

Propaganda noted, F...nozzle.