Mad Jack Fuller

MartinM

Guest
Got my route sheet today, seems the same as last year. The worst is over by
Fairlight, just hope El Supremo has some polystyrene cups left by the time I
get there, a lot of them had blown away (almost along with his tent) last
year.

MartinM wrote:
> Got my route sheet today, seems the same as last year. The worst is

over by
> Fairlight, just hope El Supremo has some polystyrene cups left by the

time I
> get there, a lot of them had blown away (almost along with his tent)

last
> year.

Where does the route go?

(Only asking out of curiosity - unfortunately I won't be able to join
you on the ride as I already have something else going on that day.)
d.

"davek" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> MartinM wrote:
> > Got my route sheet today, seems the same as last year. The worst is

> over by
> > Fairlight, just hope El Supremo has some polystyrene cups left by the

> time I
> > get there, a lot of them had blown away (almost along with his tent)

> last
> > year.

> Where does the route go?
>
> (Only asking out of curiosity - unfortunately I won't be able to join
> you on the ride as I already have something else going on that day.)
> d.

Dave, the route goes
Hailsham-Grove-Hill-Penhurst-Burwash-Brightling-Netherfield-Whatlington-Bred
e-Doleham-Fairlight-Westfield-Battle-Catsfield-Bodle St and back to
Hailsham.

see you at the Invicta Hilly 13th March?

MartinM wrote:
> see you at the Invicta Hilly 13th March?

Yup, I've sent off my entry form. I'll be wearing the Canterbury CC
jersey (red, black and gold horizontal bands) - might also be bringing
along a couple of clubmates.

I'll have a look at the Mad Jack's route against the map later - see if
I fancy it for next year... ;)
(I'm also thinking of doing the Battle and Back grimpeur but I have a
feeling that might clash with another ride I want to do, which is
annoying.)

d.

MartinM wrote:
> "davek" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> MartinM wrote:
>>> Got my route sheet today, seems the same as last year. The worst is
>>> over by Fairlight, just hope El Supremo has some polystyrene cups
>>> left by the time I get there, a lot of them had blown away (almost
>>> along with his tent) last year.

>> Where does the route go?
>>
>> (Only asking out of curiosity - unfortunately I won't be able to join
>> you on the ride as I already have something else going on that day.)
>> d.
>>

> Dave, the route goes

Hailsham-Grove-Hill-Penhurst-Burwash-Brightling-Netherfield-Whatlington-Bred
> e-Doleham-Fairlight-Westfield-Battle-Catsfield-Bodle St and back to
> Hailsham.
>
> see you at the Invicta Hilly 13th March?

(Examines calendar. Notes prior engagements. Heaves sigh of relief.)

World Domination?
Just find a world that's into that kind of thing, then chain to the
floor and walk up and down on it in high heels. (Mr. Sunshine)

> MartinM wrote:
> > "davek" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >>
> >> Where does the route go?
> >>
> >> (Only asking out of curiosity - unfortunately I won't be able to join
> >> you on the ride as I already have something else going on that day.)
> >> d.
> >>

> > Dave, the route goes

Hailsham-Grove-Hill-Penhurst-Burwash-Brightling-Netherfield-Whatlington-Bred
> > e-Doleham-Fairlight-Westfield-Battle-Catsfield-Bodle St and back to
> > Hailsham.
> >
> > see you at the Invicta Hilly 13th March?

> (Examines calendar. Notes prior engagements. Heaves sigh of relief.)

woos! (sp?)

MartinM wrote:
> "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> MartinM wrote:

>> (Examines calendar. Notes prior engagements. Heaves sigh of
>> relief.)

> woos! (sp?)

?

Essex Lanes on the 12th and The Mars Volta at the Brixton Academy on the
13th (and I'm sticking to it...)

MartinM wrote:
> "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> The Mars Volta at the Brixton Academy on the
>> 13th (and I'm sticking to it...)

> Is that a musical type thing? last time I went there was The Orb in
> 1993

Indeed it is. The Woman Formerly Known As Mrs Larrington now lives in
Brixton, so it's quite handy really. Last there (I think) for Black Rebel
Motorcycle Club about a year ago.

Dave Larrington wrote:
> MartinM wrote:
> > "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> > The Mars Volta at the Brixton Academy on the
> >> 13th (and I'm sticking to it...)

> > Is that a musical type thing? last time I went there was The Orb in
> > 1993

> Indeed it is. The Woman Formerly Known As Mrs Larrington now lives

in
> Brixton, so it's quite handy really. Last there (I think) for Black

Rebel
> Motorcycle Club about a year ago.

I heard the sample track on the Mars Volta website, a bit "guitar based
rock" for me, give me Fad Gadget anyday (or not, he died 3 yrs ago).

BTW if anyone is pondering the relevance of the name, Mr Fuller was not
at all mad, but an astute ironstone mining entrepreneur and general
benefactor/exploiter of the unwashed of East Sussex/Kent in the
??17th-18th C. It is said that he bet one his neighbours that he could
see a church spire from his window, and to win the bet had his minions
construct a fake spire on top of a hill in Brightling (still there, and
on the route IIRC)