Mad Man!

Steve C

Guest
"One wheel will be better than two for a Shropshire man when he jumps on
a unicycle to ride down The Wrekin. Bob Griffiths is raising hundreds of
pounds for the MS Society through the event."

Text stolen from
http://www.shropshirestar.com/2008/06/27/down-the-wrekin-on-a-unicycle/
(where there are some photos)

The Wrekin is a Shropshire Hill, about 400m high. Most people I know
wouldn't ride down it on two wheels.

Steve C

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:11:42 +0100, Steve C wrote:

> "One wheel will be better than two for a Shropshire man when he jumps on
> a unicycle to ride down The Wrekin. Bob Griffiths is raising hundreds of
> pounds for the MS Society through the event."
>
> Text stolen from
> http://www.shropshirestar.com/2008/06/27/down-the-wrekin-on-a-unicycle/
> (where there are some photos)
>
> The Wrekin is a Shropshire Hill, about 400m high. Most people I know
> wouldn't ride down it on two wheels.

Good luck to him. Is he not riding up it?

I recall a lad recently rode up (and presumably) down Snowdon for charity
not so long ago.

The Llanberis path is not a route I particularly fancy riding down but I
guess it's easier to stop/jump off a unicycle and it only goes as fast as
you pedal!

peter

Steve C <[email protected]> wrote:

> "One wheel will be better than two for a Shropshire man when he jumps
> on a unicycle to ride down The Wrekin. Bob Griffiths is raising
> hundreds of pounds for the MS Society through the event."
>
> Text stolen from
> http://www.shropshirestar.com/2008/06/27/down-the-wrekin-on-a-unicycle/
> (where there are some photos)
>
> The Wrekin is a Shropshire Hill, about 400m high. Most people I know
> wouldn't ride down it on two wheels.

We have a guy here who *commutes* on a unicycle from Princetown,
which is a little higher than 400m.

Though he did say he also has the option of two wheels.

--
Nick Kew