Made my day :-)

Peter B

Guest
While driving home I attracted a tailgater by doing 30 mph in a 30 zone. He was a yoof in an old
Peugeot and presumably assessed me as a doddery old git because when I got into the right turn lane
at a roundabout he took the "ahead" lane to my left but proceeded to carry on around to the right
the same as me. This leads to an exit onto a dual carriageway, so now we are exiting the roundabout
together, me taking the outside lane of the DC and he on the inner, which due to the way the road
curves meant he was difficult for me to see but nontheless I was aware of him. Again because of the
way the road curves I was able to see a stationary bus (at a stop) blocking the inside lane,
thinking that Twatty may try to pass me on the inside then cut me up to pull around the bus I
decided to pre-empt him by accelerating smartly up to the 30 mph limit. A mirror check revealed a
Police Transit a few vehicles behind, this didn't stop Twatty trying to out accelerate me and then
after failing to pull in behind me. As soon as I passed the stationary bus I pulled into the
nearside lane doing a steady 30 and willed Twatty to overtake. And bless him, he obliged.

Plod had had a grandstand view of the proceedings and was so impressed he pulled Twatty after
catching him a bit further on, and he wasn't smiling when he jumped out of his cab. Lovely! :)

(Cycling relevance, <clutches at straws> a car did the same thing to me a few years ago at the same
place when I was on me bike).

Pete

"Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

detail snipped.

> Plod had had a grandstand view of the proceedings and was so impressed he pulled Twatty after
> catching him a bit further on, and he wasn't smiling when he jumped out of his cab. Lovely! :)

The only surprising part of this story is that Plod could be arsed to stop him.

Normally Plod seems blind to such twats.

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 13:13:19 -0000, "Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>detail snipped.
>

>> Plod had had a grandstand view of the proceedings and was so impressed he pulled Twatty after
>> catching him a bit further on, and he wasn't smiling when he jumped out of his cab. Lovely! :)
>

>The only surprising part of this story is that Plod could be arsed to stop him.
>
>Normally Plod seems blind to such twats.

Occasionally, such prats are plod.

Lead by example?

Regards,

John

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 13:07:52 +0000 (UTC), "Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Plod had had a grandstand view of the proceedings and was so impressed he pulled Twatty after
>catching him a bit further on, and he wasn't smiling when he jumped out of his cab. Lovely! :)

But of course! He had observed the car being driven dangerously - for several miles they had
*completely failed to exceed the speed limit* risking the lives of all around! I'm amazed they
didn't nick you as well.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

I'm glad you are okay - Twatty yoof didn't total you - phew!

Nice to hear that plod actually did something - it's not all bad news out there
:)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

> On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 13:07:52 +0000 (UTC), "Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Plod had had a grandstand view of the proceedings and was so impressed he pulled Twatty after
> >catching him a bit further on, and he wasn't smiling when he jumped out of his cab. Lovely! :)
>
> But of course! He had observed the car being driven dangerously - for several miles they had
> *completely failed to exceed the speed limit* risking the lives of all around! I'm amazed they
> didn't nick you as well.

I'll just say I was there and you weren't Guy so am better placed to know the truth of the
situation.

Pete

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003 08:48:11 +0000 (UTC), "Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> But of course! He had observed the car being driven dangerously - for several miles they had
>> *completely failed to exceed the speed limit* risking the lives of all around! I'm amazed they
>> didn't nick you as well.

>I'll just say I was there and you weren't Guy so am better placed to know the truth of the
>situation.

Please note the .sig :)

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

> On Sun, 9 Feb 2003 08:48:11 +0000 (UTC), "Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >> But of course! He had observed the car being driven dangerously - for several miles they had
> >> *completely failed to exceed the speed limit* risking the lives of all around! I'm amazed they
> >> didn't nick you as well.
>
> >I'll just say I was there and you weren't Guy so am better placed to know the truth of the
> >situation.
>
> Please note the .sig :)

Sorry Guy, I promise not to deal with any sort of mail for at least an hour after getting out of bed
in future, and I slept late this morning! :)

Pete

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003 15:40:23 +0000 (UTC), "Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I promise not to deal with any sort of mail for at least an hour after getting out of bed
> in future

I have been known to post with brain in standby as well :)

Sadly I seem to have been sucked into a bullshitfest on uk.tosspot which was provoked by the usual
lunatic ravings about speed cameras. At least its not x-posted here. Note to self: extract from said
discussion ASAP.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)