Madeira

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Peaches, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. Peaches

    Peaches Guest

    Tags:

  2. Assume you've seen the race course profile for the age groupers ? Its posted on the web site
    now... its not an ironman and not Wildflower long course but not easy given its the Age Group
    World Champs...

    Whats the travel from Canada ? ++Mark.

  3. PMcDC

    PMcDC Guest

    yes, i am. it surely looks like hills in abundance, but queenstown worlds' hills were fairly attention-
    getting (and repetetive), so one wonders just how much worse this can be. for that matter, lausanne
    '98 remains as my "peak" experience, with 4x an 18% grade. peggy

  4. Exk7

    Exk7 Guest

    PMcDC wrote:
    > yes, i am. it surely looks like hills in abundance, but queenstown worlds' hills were fairly attention-
    > getting (and repetetive), so one wonders just how much worse this can be. for that matter,
    > lausanne '98 remains as my "peak" experience, with 4x an 18% grade. peggy

    Aw, c'mon, Peggy, that Lausanne bump was only 17.5% grade, but we did it four times, so that was
    special. But you should mention it was cobblestones. Going down was a blast. I went down like I
    drive a car on ice - very loose. It was actually fun.

    Ruth K

  5. Peaches

    Peaches Guest

    No I have not seen the profile yet... I will go check it out. Anyone know what the water temp is
    going to be.... Wetsuit? I know New Zealand was damn cold.... and I don't want to do that again? I
    heard GB, Australia, and NZ sent the biggest teams ever to Queenstown this past year, does anyone
    know the numbers their sending this year? Carson

    http://members.shaw.ca/cbasss

    "Mark Cathcart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Assume you've seen the race course profile for the age groupers ? Its
    posted
    > on the web site now... its not an ironman and not Wildflower long course
    but
    > not easy given its the Age Group World Champs...
    >
    > Whats the travel from Canada ? ++Mark.

  6. Peaches

    Peaches Guest

    I head there is some cobblestones in Madeira... do you know how much?

    " exk7" <" exk7"@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > PMcDC wrote:
    > > yes, i am. it surely looks like hills in abundance, but queenstown
    worlds'
    > > hills were fairly attention-getting (and repetetive), so one wonders
    just how
    > > much worse this can be. for that matter, lausanne '98 remains as my
    "peak"
    > > experience, with 4x an 18% grade. peggy
    >
    > Aw, c'mon, Peggy, that Lausanne bump was only 17.5% grade, but we did it four times, so that was
    > special. But you should mention it was cobblestones. Going down was a blast. I went down like I
    > drive a car on ice - very loose. It was actually fun.
    >
    > Ruth K

  7. The GB will likely send full teams, only the womens 55-59, 60-64 have any space and the mens 60-64
    has 1 place, 65-69 has a few and 70-74 is pretty open but Peter Howard is racing in that age group
    so everyone knows who will win ;-) 6-people from my club, Tri-Force, made the team.

    I don't know if that makes it the biggest GB team ever, but it must be given they only switched to
    18 per age group last year...

    Maderia will is really popular for the Brits becuase you can fly direct from loads of regional
    airports, while NZ was the other side of the world for us.

    If you want to check out the competition the full GB team is here:
    http://www.britishtriathlon.org/age/madeirateam20040218.xls

    ++Mark.

  8. "Peaches" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I head there is some cobblestones in Madeira... do you know how much?

    As far as we know the original idea of a 4-loop course including laps over the cobbles has gone. Its
    a straight out and back now with the 4-climbs shown on the profile and no cobbles. ++Mark.

  9. Peaches

    Peaches Guest

    Thanks for the info!

  10. Peaches

    Peaches Guest

    ------=_NextPart_000_0271_01C40134.57CDD190 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    Hey Mark....=20 Not sure if you are going with the GB team but I got a quick question = for
    you...=20 Where is the team staying and do you know ho much the hotel is costing = them each. I am
    traveling over there with the Canadian team and it is = looking quite pricey.=20 Carson=20
    http://members.shaw.ca/cbasss/=20

    "Mark Cathcart" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
    news:[email protected]...
    > Assume you've seen the race course profile for the age groupers ? Its =
    posted
    > on the web site now... its not an ironman and not Wildflower long =
    course but
    > not easy given its the Age Group World Champs...
    >=20
    > Whats the travel from Canada ? ++Mark.
    >=20

    ------=_NextPart_000_0271_01C40134.57CDD190 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
    Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400"
    name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hey Mark.... </FONT></DIV>
    <DV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Not sure if you are going with the GB = team but I=20 got a quick
    question for you... </FONT></DIV>
    <DVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Where is the team staying and do you = know ho much=20 the hotel
    is costing them each. I am traveling over there with the = Canadian team=20 and it is looking
    quite pricey. </FONT></DIV>
    <DVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Carson </FONT></DIV>
    <DVIII><A href=3D"http://members.shaw.ca/cbasss/"><FONT face=3DArial=20
    size=3D2>http://members.shaw.ca/cbasss/</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial = size=3D2>=20
    </FONT></DIV>
    <DIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DXI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Mark Cathcart" <</FONT><A=20
    href=3D"mailto:[email protected]"><FONT face=3DArial=20
    size=3D2>[email protected]</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial = size=3D2>> wrote in=20
    message </FONT><A = href=3D"news:[email protected]"><FONT=20
    face=3DArial = size=3D2>news:[email protected]</FONT></A><FONT=20
    face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>> = Assume you've=20
    seen the race course profile for the age groupers ? Its posted<BR>> = on the=20 web site
    now... its not an ironman and not Wildflower long course = but<BR>>=20 not easy given its
    the Age Group World Champs...<BR>> <BR>> Whats = the=20 travel from Canada ?
    ++Mark.<BR>> <BR>> </FONT></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_0271_01C40134.57CDD190--

  11. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

    ------=_NextPart_000_0552_01C4017E.6F4ED180 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    The Hotel Savoy is the official GB Team HQ. As always, if you book early = you can often get a much
    better price at the same hotel and book your = own flights for less than the official travel
    package. The official = travel package inc. flights from the UK is =A3665 for 7-nights sharing a =
    twin room... and the Savoy is a 5-Star Hotel.=20

    The details are here: http://www.nirvanaeurope.com/Madeira%202004.pdf

    How much from Canada then ?? I suspect it goins to be expensive becuase = the exchange rate...
    ++Mark. ------=_NextPart_000_0552_01C4017E.6F4ED180 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
    Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400"
    name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The Hotel Savoy is the official GB Team = HQ. As=20 always, if
    you book early you can often get a much better price at the = same=20 hotel and book your own
    flights for less than the official travel = package. The=20 official travel package inc.
    flights from the UK is =A3665 for 7-nights = sharing a=20 twin room... and the Savoy is a 5-
    Star Hotel. </FONT></DIV>
    <DV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The details are here: <A=20
    href=3D"http://www.nirvanaeurope.com/Madeira%202004.pdf">http://www.nirva=
    naeurope.com/Madeira%202004.pdf</A></FONT></DIV>
    <DVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>How much from Canada then ?? I suspect = it goins to=20 be
    expensive becuase the exchange rate... = ++Mark.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_0552_01C4017E.6F4ED180--