Madiot 6 year Roubaix streak on the line...

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Brian Roth, Apr 11, 2003.

  1. Brian Roth

    Brian Roth Guest

    1979 Madiot wins amateur Paris Roubaix

    1985 Wins Professional event.

    1991 Wins Roubaix for the second time.

    1997 Directs Fredric Guesdon to a surprise win.

    2003 ???

    Tags:

  2. Ken McKisson

    Ken McKisson Guest

    2003- from Cycling News.

    Two-time Paris-Roubaix winner Marc Madiot, directeur sportif of the FDJeux.com team, may miss his
    beloved race this Sunday. Madiot has fallen ill and was unable to join the team in training
    Thursday, forced to remain in bed in Valenciennes in northern France. The team members spent
    Thursday testing themselves on several sections of pavé, including sector 13 at Hornaing. "There's a
    little less pressure for us," commented one of the riders, who perhaps chose wisely to remain
    anonymous. "We're a bit more zen without Marc, but we'll give everything on Sunday to make him the
    happiest man alive."

    news:[email protected]...