Madison this Saturday @ DISC

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by cfsmtb, Feb 15, 2006.

1. cfsmtb

cfsmtb New Member

Tags:

2. Euan

Euan Guest

3. dave

dave Guest

4. rooman

rooman New Member

YEP, cheap BYO seats on back straights..lookin good

5. cfsmtb

cfsmtb New Member

Not familar at all with the Joe-dome setup, is there a bar? Must ask as this is important. Failing that we'll BYO the popcorn & sandwiches again. :rolleyes:

6. SuzieB

SuzieB New Member

There was a bar set up in the middle of the velo but we didn't try it out last time we were there. Also a bar as part of the bowling club which is in the same building. I highly recommend bringing food though as the choice isn't great.

7. rooman

rooman New Member

Joe Dome is a weird and unorganised place...you never know what they will or wont do for "watchers"... there is a room upstairs behind the seating where there is a bar and one event this year they actually had it open, served complimentary horse'sdoovers and hot snacks too....

There is little room in the middle, they probably wont run a bar down there unlike Vodafone, 'cos its mainly a bowling blue indoor rink and one end of it is for bikes warm up rollers and pits/wrenching duties and the other is the only space to roll around whislt waiting for a slot on the track....

The front straight has seating for around 350, the back sratight is seatless, toiletless, doorless and ( clueless?) designed by an idiot...but it is 10$bucks for the back straight BYO seat/s. So no idea , no notices and no heads up from anyone about catering...but what's changed...that's why its named Joe Dome, after those who couldnt organise a chook giveaway amongst starving Biafrans...so come prepared for anything, BYO every darn thing you think you need, including a sense of humour

Roo :) back home again....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr, travel I'm OVER it!! *#@[email protected]!!*

8. cfsmtb

cfsmtb New Member

The expression 'couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery' springs to mind. On several levels. Oh well, we'll find out tonight .. :eek:

9. SuzieB

SuzieB New Member

See you there. I bought some rice crackers and choc chip teddy bear biscuits from Aldi. :p Should I pack toilet paper too?

10. cfsmtb

cfsmtb New Member

I think that is a very wise suggestion. ;)

11. rooman

rooman New Member

I was reminded this morning of the expression "couldn't organise a r..t in a brothel "

Hmmmm...now what other nice descriptive (ber)ratings pertain?

• House of the Rising None
    • and ahhhhhhh! ( a la castle)...
    • THE CASTLE or perhaps
    • Yawning of the Dearth
    and in closing brothers and sithsters let us never forget :

Greater love hath no man for himself than to move politicians to build a monument to ego in a glorified hardware shed inaccessible to many and rendered unserviced to the needs of those who strain to come hither be they man woman or child , thus all, but he who hath with great humility accepted the annointing of hith brethren as they bestowed upon it hith name ...

And so it is written.....
    The Joe Dome commeth to us all with great and joyous fanfare of subdued and muffled popping of ring pulls.

Hallowed be our beer, 'cos nothing ( in the foreseeable future) will fix it.

12. Bleve

Bleve Guest

SuzieB wrote:
    > cfsmtb Wrote:
    > > The expression 'couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery' springs to
    > > mind. On several levels. Oh well, we'll find out tonight .. :eek:

>
    > See you there. I bought some rice crackers and choc chip teddy bear
    > biscuits from Aldi. :p Should I pack toilet paper too?

And a bucket.