Madonna Calls For Troop Withdrawal

Carrera said:
Heavens, I'm a Madonna fan and I'm neither gay nor overweight. I'm a cyclist, in fact (same as Madonna who rides her bike).
Come on, she was a legend. She made some great tracks and who can forget "Holiday!"
No offence Carrera,

you must be the exception to the rule. :D

FredC said:
Come on, she's made millions of people happy and never killed anyone. She obviously worked hard in putting her shows together in different formats. That's why she lives in England. To get away from the ******** in the United? States of 'merrca. All she said was 'pack it in'.

I respect what she has achieved, she's a great entertainer and the fact that she moved to England certainly makes her a better person.
I just don't like her music.

fixit said:
I respect what she has achieved, she's a great entertainer and the fact that she moved to England certainly makes her a better person.

Moving makes you a better person? I never thought of it that way. Very interesting!

Celebrities know best. This is'nt up for debate. I formulate all of my decisions based upon their pronouncement's. I especially hold them in high regard if they are foreign :D No, seriously, I beleive it's pandering to the female American population who listen to people like Oprah.

pomod said:
Whether you like her music or not. She's as smart a business women. I reckon she'd do a lot better job balancing the US's books than that G W ( i-can-barely-string-a-simple-sentence-together) Bush.
Although you fantasize about it, you couldn't hold W's jockstrap loser boy...

fixit said:
I agree, I wish more of her type would become better people and move to England... ;)

Hold on, i feel i have been a little too harsh on old Madge.

Her views on the military strategy in Iraq are more welcome than those of Rumsfeld (and probably a lot more valid).

Old Rummy will be out on his **** in a short while because of the massive balls up in Iraq over the past two years, i say get Madge in there and shake her stuff.

Everything will be happy again in cloud cuckoo land...oh i mean The White House.

We have a first ammendment guarantee of free speech. As long as it is not seditious or threatening, no problem.
What she said, and generally what other celebs say is OK. It's their right. The fact that their soap box is more visible than most citizens is just the way things are.
But, anyone who takes their political guidance from one of those people, is more than a bit soft in the head.

Carrera said:
The latest news is that Madonna has spoken out again against the war in Iraq. Here is what is reported on the link below:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3998373.stm

"US pop star Madonna has said the United States should withdraw its troops from Iraq immediately. She told BBC Radio 2's Jeremy Vine Show: "I just don't want American troops to be in Iraq, period."
Madonna, who is now based in the UK, caused controversy last year with her video for song American Life which some critics called "anti-Bush".
She withdrew the video as the Iraq war broke out, later blaming a feeling of "lynch-mob patriotism" in the US.
The singer, who has recently completed a world tour, told the programme: "My feelings are 'can we just all get out?"'

The question: Do you think this will damage her in the U.S.A. Or does the intervention of celebrities cause people to question political events?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3998373.stm

I found the following concerning Madonna:

The 46-year-old pop star said: "Global terror is everywhere. Global terror is down the street, around the block.

"Global terror is in California. There's global terror everywhere and it's absurd to think you can get it by going to one country and dropping tons of bombs on innocent people."

Speaking about the recent US election she said the idea that Americans had voted for George Bush because of moral issues was "spin".

She said American society was "becoming very divided".

"People are becoming very polarised.

"We have people who don't want to think, and who just want to guard what is theirs, and they're selfish and limited in their thinking and they're very fearful in their choices."

I hate celebrities in general. I also hate shopping malls, most cars, most institutions, & fads, in which the stupid masses seem to be so infatuated w/:mad:

Carrera said:
I found the following concerning Madonna:

The 46-year-old pop star said: "Global terror is everywhere. Global terror is down the street, around the block.

"Global terror is in California. There's global terror everywhere and it's absurd to think you can get it by going to one country and dropping tons of bombs on innocent people."

Speaking about the recent US election she said the idea that Americans had voted for George Bush because of moral issues was "spin".

She said American society was "becoming very divided".

"People are becoming very polarised.

"We have people who don't want to think, and who just want to guard what is theirs, and they're selfish and limited in their thinking and they're very fearful in their choices."
I would like to see Madonna give up all of her riches and join the commoners in the courtyard for a canldelight vigil. Would never happen in a billion years...

I loathe the fact that clebreties use their media exposure to spew forth their political rhetoric. Clebreties got their fame for their acting or financial abilities/wisdom not their political prowess.

Having said that...I don't have a problem with Madonna pleading for a US withdrawl, but I think she should decend from her ivory tower and pick up a protest sign and join the rest of the common folk protesting in a democratic way...The media would swarm her in every way and she would have a hell of a lot more respect and influence.

It's a real stroke of change for Madonna to call for any kind of withdrawal.
Up until now she has always called for "INSERTION".

p38lightning said:

Maybe she's just using early withdrawal as a form of birth control...

p38lightning said:

"Like a Virgin touched for the 3,212,800,000 time".

Well, so what if Madonna has led an active sex life? I mean, how come we guys today take a swing at sexually active women when it's O.K. for guys to chase skirts? The question is, did Madonna have fun when she got herself laid by all these Hispanic dancers e.t.c.? If so, well, that's cool in my book since you only live once, as they say.
I think this was just a phase Madonna went through and now she's gone the Santana way into spirituality and religion, plus motherhood. She's apparently settled with an English hubby and quite happy. :)

p38lightning said: