Madonna falls off bike.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Mason, Jun 2, 2003.

  1. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    Tags:

  2. >he tried to drink coffee and cycle at the same time...

    That'll teach her - she needs a proper road bike ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Jim Price

    Jim Price Guest

    Simon Mason wrote:
    > She tried to drink coffee and cycle at the same time...

    That should finally convince her about conical cup holders!

    Jim Price

  4. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:

    > That'll teach her - she needs a proper road bike ;-)

    Shurely a stretch velomobile with smoked windows and a cup holder?

    Though OTOH it would be easier to get the bodyguard to carry the coffee (maybe even drink it for
    her too...).

    Pete.
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  5. Albert Fish

    Albert Fish Guest

  6. W K

    W K Guest

    "Peter Clinch" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
    >
    > > That'll teach her - she needs a proper road bike ;-)
    >
    > Shurely a stretch velomobile with smoked windows and a cup holder?
    >
    > Though OTOH it would be easier to get the bodyguard to carry the coffee (maybe even drink it for
    > her too...).

    A triplet with bodyguards front and back.

    Of course, I'm sure she's doing this as a way of trying to lead a more normal and low key lifestyle.
    After all, the japanese tourists are all busy pointing at the next tory prime minister (well, a cat
    in hell's chance, but thats better odds than
    IDS) on his bike.

  7. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

  8. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    Pete Biggs wrote:

    > Nothing wrong with that!
    >
    > ....... http://bikecoffee.freeservers.com :)

    Good link Pete! I think I may have to upgrade from the thermos in pannier and stop to drink it setup
    I currently use for winter rides...

    Pete.
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  9. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Peter Clinch wrote:

    >> Nothing wrong with that!
    >>
    >> ....... http://bikecoffee.freeservers.com :)
    >
    > Good link Pete! I think I may have to upgrade from the thermos in pannier and stop to drink it
    > setup I currently use for winter rides...

    Nevermind that, I wanna know where the "Big Breasted Naked Teenage Virgins Drinking Coffee and
    Riding Bicycles" have got to :-(

    ~PB

  10. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    Pete Biggs wrote:

    > Nevermind that, I wanna know where the "Big Breasted Naked Teenage Virgins Drinking Coffee and
    > Riding Bicycles" have got to :-(

    Yeah, I wondered where the 404 Police had parked them too :-(

    Pete.
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  11. Bob Flemming

    Bob Flemming Guest

    On 02 Jun 2003 12:40:34 GMT, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:

    >>he tried to drink coffee and cycle at the same time...

    So LA.

    >That'll teach her - she needs a proper road bike ;-)

    That's what I thought...'look at those ugly 26" knobblies'.....out there, in that heat......all that
    friction....mugs game :)

    Los Angeles, as much as it was interesting to see it for real, must be one of the most
    unfriendly-bikes cities on the planet. So, so many cars....and highways, and cars.....and it never,
    ever stops!!!!!! Quite a nice ride along the front mind round starting at Santa Monica heading
    south, but go inland and I saw few cyclists......maybe I just hit the wrong part of town. But
    there's also the Highway One route down from Oregon To LA that I'd really love to do one of these
    days......nice two weeks trip there.

    Anyway, what's she doing over there, thought she lived in Blighty these days?

    She should be cycling along the Marylebone Road or the like!

    bob

  12. Guy Chapman

    Guy Chapman Guest

  13. Bob Flemming <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Anyway, what's she doing over there, thought she lived in Blighty these days?

    Indeed - she was in the paper not so long back, extolling the virtues of popping down the pub, etc.
    Was rather impressed by her appreciation of Timothy Taylor's beers - surely a golden marketing
    opportunity for the people at Knowle Spring Brewery?

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

  14. In message <[email protected]>, David E. Belcher
    <[email protected]> writes
    >Bob Flemming <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >>
    >> Anyway, what's she doing over there, thought she lived in Blighty these days?
    >>

    >Indeed - she was in the paper not so long back, extolling the virtues of popping down the pub, etc.
    >Was rather impressed by her appreciation of Timothy Taylor's beers - surely a golden marketing
    >opportunity for the people at Knowle Spring Brewery?

    You've just put me off Timothy Taylor's beers. ;-)
    --
    Michael MacClancy

  15. Michael MacClancy <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > In message <[email protected]>, David E. Belcher
    > <[email protected]> writes
    >
    > >Indeed - she was in the paper not so long back, extolling the virtues of popping down the pub,
    > >etc. Was rather impressed by her appreciation of Timothy Taylor's beers - surely a golden
    > >marketing opportunity for the people at Knowle Spring Brewery?
    > >

    > You've just put me off Timothy Taylor's beers. ;-)

    No doubt we can look forward to a film depicting gritty London pub life (invariably starring Vinnie
    Jones, Nick Moran, etc., etc.) in the near future as a result of this, courtesy of her husband, Guy
    "Mockney" Ritchie - Lock, Stock and Two Foaming Barrels, anyone? ;-)

    Er, I'll get me coat [1]....

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

    [1] Speaking of The Fast Show, they brilliantly spoofed Ritchie's films a couple of years ago with
    their "It's A Right Royal Cockney Barrel Of Monkeys" send-up.