Madonna Shocks Christians and Conservatives

Carrera

Feb 2, 2004
"Crucifying herself, huh? Maybe she can stick that on the cover of one of her children's books.
Of course, the only thing she was trying to do with this whole ****** and pony show was to attract attention and get people to write about her which is....oh. Well, I guess it worked." (right-wing publication)

In yesterdays Mail there was an article called "Has Madonna Gone Too Far This Time?"
A Mail reporter had gone over to L.A. to cover Madonna's first concert and was shocked by the crucufixion scene whereby Madonna had herself crucified on a stage-prop cross while wearing a crown of thorns. It was then reported Madonna publically insulted George W Bush and encouraged the audience to use obscene behaviour directed at the current U.S. President.
The Vatican was outraged over the crucifixion scene and evangelical Christians were horrified at what they saw as an easy target to poke fun at.
Myself I actually have no opinion on this theme and couldn't really care less about Madge's stage stunts so long as her music remains playable. However, seeing as so few Conservatives are around on the forum I thought I'd quote what they're saying about the concert. Comments?:
"Later on, (Madonna) donned a crown of thorns and suspended herself from a giant mirrored cross to deliver the ballad "Live to Tell." Video screens showed images of third-world poverty and reeled off grim statistics.During one of her half-dozen costume changes, another video montage juxtaposed images of Bush, members of his administration and British Prime Minister Tony Blair with footage of Adolf ******, Osama bin Laden, and Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe. Midway through the new song "I Love New York," she deviated from the script and made a crude reference to Bush and oral ****.

The Mail received some of these comments from readers with regard to Madge's crucifixion on stage e.t.c.:
:D :D :D :D :D
(1)Poor Madonna. To think that she could actually be home with her two children right now but she actually chooses to be doing this instead. Those poor kids are in for a tough life emotionally, no matter how wealthy they are. I truly cannot imagine how bad I would feel if that was my mother. :mad:
- Jade, Hollywood, CA USA

(2)What's her next attention move? Stick it between her legs to get some attention? :confused:
- Kenny Harder, Netherlands

(3)Hope she continues to live in England. We don't want her back in the USA. ;)
- Jeanne, NY

(4)How low can she go to promote her career. I bet Guy and the kids are simply cringing.
It is stupid offensive and in very bad taste. :mad:
- Pinkpoppy, uk

(5)Madonna performing with the crucifix was a cheap shot and a cowardly one at that. If she really thought about the significance behind her actions and asked herself what has she done in her life that remotely resembles the sacrifice and suffering that Jesus endured she might realise how pathetic her stunt is. Not impressed. :mad:
- E Godsall, London UK

Madonna was shocked when told that no one really gave a rats a** what she said or did.

What the original article did stress was Madonna's physical condition. She was said to have muscles that many guys would envy seeing as she does yoga, weight-trains, cycles and does karate.
Stallone at 60 years of age is even more impressive - given the age gap. He's now busy shooting Rocky 6.
That's how I plan to be. I have no intention of getting old with a beer-gut and being so unfit I need a car to get to the corner shop.
At any rate, that's Madonna's best atribute I guess - her fetish for keeping fit.

jhuskey said:
Madonna was shocked when told that no one really gave a rats a** what she said or did.

I watched her on a talk show years ago during her "sex book" period humiliate her father on a TV talk show.
Maybe her children will do that to her... we can only hope.

I enjoyed all the Rocky flix, despite the bad acting, except Rocky V. What the hell were they thinking? All of a sudden he went broke and got dumb again.
I hope VI will be at least as good as maybe I or II.
I figure the plot will be him training some hopeful for some intenational bout.
Maybe he can fight the national champion of Iran,which would stir patriotism and political intrigue.

Stallone's idea for Rocky 6 was apparently borrowed from Foreman's comeback but now we have Evander Hollyfield jumping in for similar action. Yes, Evander is making a comeback at 42 and he believes God is on his side and he can pull it off.
So you have Madge in her late forties sticking her heels behind her head in yoga, Stallone looking terrific at 60 to shoot Rocky 6 and, of course, Evander making his comeback.
To be honest with you, I take my hat off to them. I'm in my early forties myself and I have never accepted this idea you somehow deteriorate at this age. I simply don't believe it - won't make those paltry excuses. I know I'm fitter now than when I was in my twenties and am doing bigger, steeper hills, faster sprints and just as much gym work. I race any younger guy on the road regardless and won't cop out with this age excuse.
People are laughing at Hollyfield but if he's serious I believe he can do it.
jhuskey said:
I enjoyed all the Rocky flix, despite the bad acting, except Rocky V. What the hell were they thinking? All of a sudden he went broke and got dumb again.
Maybe he can fight the national champion of Iran,which would stir patriotism and political intrigue.

Here's a pic of Sly as Rocky in the upcoming film. Seems to me he's kept his physique better than Arnold who lately developed a pot-belly. Sly was never as muscular as Arnold but seems to have kept his training and diet up in later years.

jhuskey said:

Considering this is a 60 year old actor, I'd say he's doing damned well with respect to fitness and training. Madonna is only about 46 so she's still far younger than he is.
If I could still have some abs when I'm 60 I'd be pretty pleased with my lot.
Here's a pic of Sly's filming condition for the movie - I wonder if he cycles as well as the weights and sparring.

Carrera said:
Considering this is a 60 year old actor, I'd say he's doing damned well with respect to fitness and training.
Stallone was always a fine physical specimin (no gayness intended) he will always look better than the average man on the street. I know he works out a lot but he can afford the best trainers and fitness consultants money has to offer. Still though, he always worked hard.

Carrera, i thought would would have mentioned the new Big Brother series by now...

seems your kinda thing....(no offence)

Carrera said:
Stallone's idea for Rocky 6 was apparently borrowed from Foreman's comeback but now we have Evander Hollyfield jumping in for similar action. Yes, Evander is making a comeback at 42 and he believes God is on his side and he can pull it off.

People are laughing at Hollyfield but if he's serious I believe he can do it.

I'm sorry to hear this.

Holyfield was a very tough fighter in his day - moved from cruiserweight up to heavyweight and managed to win.
Why go back in to the ring now?

I am reading a great book by boxing author Jim Brady - it's about the corruption of the world of boxing.
Bob Arum, Don King, Nat Fleischer, the Mob are all mentioned.
Boxers ripped off right, left center.

It's a tragic sport.

As for Madonna - she more to be pitied really.
Mutton dressed as lamb.

I watched some of it last night and was wringing my hands. It really has to be the biggest load of b*****s ever broadcasted by Channel Four. What really grates is the way that daft spokesman says:
"The house meeyeeerts are in the dining room."
Please! No more of it! I want to die if I see another episode.

MountainPro said:
Carrera, i thought would would have mentioned the new Big Brother series by now...

seems your kinda thing....(no offence)

What I can tell you that's sad is Don King did time, got a half-decent education in prison then went out to make a fortune producing the Ali Foreman classic in Zaire. However, he ripped of fighters such as Tyson. He made off with Tyson's earnings so Mike apparently punched him after he realised he'd been used.
I do recommend Chris Eubank's biography to you which features his learning of the trade of boxing in New York. I quite like Chris Eubank despite public opinion. He does and says stupid things but he's a real English gentleman and very well read for a boxer. Sadly his wife divorced him due to his highly eccentric behaviour which included driving his pickup into a building to protest over Iraq.
I noticed Chris was present to watch young Amir Khan fight the other night.

limerickman said:
I'm sorry to hear this.

Holyfield was a very tough fighter in his day - moved from cruiserweight up to heavyweight and managed to win.
Why go back in to the ring now?

I am reading a great book by boxing author Jim Brady - it's about the corruption of the world of boxing.
Bob Arum, Don King, Nat Fleischer, the Mob are all mentioned.
Boxers ripped off right, left center.

It's a tragic sport.

As for Madonna - she more to be pitied really.
Mutton dressed as lamb.

Carrera said:
During one of her half-dozen costume changes, another video montage juxtaposed images of Bush, members of his administration and British Prime Minister Tony Blair with footage of Adolf ******, Osama bin Laden, and Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe. Midway through the new song "I Love New York," she deviated from the script and made a crude reference to Bush and oral ****.
Apropos. Bush and his crew have done everything to deserve it, and he belongs in that company. The things he and his admin. are responsible for are much more shocking than anything Madonna could pull off.

Not so sure about Blair though. He's bad enough from the Iraq war involvement, but he's not quite the war criminal and traitor (yet) that Bush is.

What "shocks" me is why so-called "Christians" and "conservatives" aren't extremely offended by the actions of BushCo. I guess that's why they're also known as hypocrites.

Carrera said:
What I can tell you that's sad is Don King did time, got a half-decent education in prison then went out to make a fortune producing the Ali Foreman classic in Zaire. However, he ripped of fighters such as Tyson. He made off with Tyson's earnings so Mike apparently punched him after he realised he'd been used.
I do recommend Chris Eubank's biography to you which features his learning of the trade of boxing in New York. I quite like Chris Eubank despite public opinion. He does and says stupid things but he's a real English gentleman and very well read for a boxer. Sadly his wife divorced him due to his highly eccentric behaviour which included driving his pickup into a building to protest over Iraq.
I noticed Chris was present to watch young Amir Khan fight the other night.

Read Eubanks book - and I agree it's very good.

I liked the bit where he went abroad and was warned not to drink the water but what he didn't know is his salad had been washed in the local water. In the morning he's jogging with his entourage and hears a rumbling in his gut.
After that, it's an all out sprint back to the hotel, through the lobby upstairs (as the lift isn't working) and a crazy dash for the toilet. You can imagine this boxer suddenly bursting into the hotel running for his life.
I've had that experience myself.
I did agree with Chris's complaint that Rowntrees should bring "Treats" back and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has a great love of chocolate and sweets. :p
If you haven't read it yet, Frank Bruno also wrote an account of his boxing career and temporary internment due to mental health problems. That was an interesting read as well.

limerickman said:
Read Eubanks book - and I agree it's very good.

My outlook on all of this has changed somewhat. I agree with you that Bush and Blair have taken extremely flawed decisions that led to the deaths of thousands of people and caused terrible suffering. However, I don't feel so sure that the way to go is to assume a moral high-ground and simply insult those who you don't agree with - especially when it comes to making sexual taunts at any political leader.
The thing is, will Madonna's actions really lead Bush to think about his culpability in Iraq? Will it convince him to rethink some of those decisions? I think he's more likely to actually listen to Lance Armstrong who seemed to come down to earth to actually communicate his anti-war sentiment. Bob Geldof also tried similar tactics and may have gotten further than Madonna.

Wurm said:
Apropos. Bush and his crew have done everything to deserve it, and he belongs in that company. The things he and his admin. are responsible for are much more shocking than anything Madonna could pull off.

Not so sure about Blair though. He's bad enough from the Iraq war involvement, but he's not quite the war criminal and traitor (yet) that Bush is.

What "shocks" me is why so-called "Christians" and "conservatives" aren't extremely offended by the actions of BushCo. I guess that's why they're also known as hypocrites.

Carrera said:
The thing is, will Madonna's actions really lead Bush to think about his culpability in Iraq? Will it convince him to rethink some of those decisions?
I doubt The Cretin From Crawford was her intended audience.