Madonna's Adoption: charity or ego?

wolfix said:
Her act hanging from the crucifix, that is all about shock value. Anyone can shock, but why does she need to do this when she does have talent? .

Madonna ... has talent? Huh?

Are you guys getting prudish in your old ages? :D
The two girls Julia and Lena (TAtu) have done the same as Madonna. They were invited on a German chat-show and shocked the interviewer and the audience by discussing crude, sexual banter I daren't repeat. So, they shock like Madonna and are anti-war like Madonna. They even wear T-shirts with the slogan "Huy Voyne!" which is "F***k War!" in Russian, ref Chchnya and Iraq.
Still, in actual fact, the girls are educated and read Tolstoy and Dostoevskiy when they're not playing up the lesbo role for the media.
At any rate, I guess I'm what you might call an equalitarian. So far as I'm concerned if it's O.K. for us guys to crack crude jokes and have loads of girlfriends, I believe women should be equally as liberated. I see both Madonna and the TAtu girls as reasonably educated and "arty" so you have to look at their behaviour in that context. Madonna's slogan was "express yourself" don't repress yourself which appeals to her female fans.
Really, my gripe with Madonna is about being selfish and her stage antics I don't take too seriously. :rolleyes:
The U.S. and U.K. have always been way too prudish. Scandinavia is far more liberal and less uptight.

"During t.A.T.u.'s short five years together, the two diminutive, talented beauties have caused one hell of a worldwide ruckus, routinely playing to audiences of 50,000 fans and selling more than 5 million copies of their debut album, 200 km/h in the Wrong Lane.
Infamously, they refused to perform at the World Music Awards unless provided with real guns. Explains Lena, 'We wanted real machine-guns, but they didn't give us, so we wouldn't perform, that simple.'" Indeed, so estimable is t.A.T.u.'s pop-cultural cache, than no less an artist than Sting plays bass on the Dave Stewart (The Eurythmics) co-penned track "Friend or Foe."
http://www.tatu.ru

But this thread is about Madonna and not two other girls who I never heard of.....

And it's about a lady who wants to adopt a child......

Did I mention that she a *****?
If not, I will mention it......

Madonna is a *****.....

wolfix said:
But this thread is about Madonna and not two other girls who I never heard of.....

Madonna is a *****.....

So am I! Then again I am not adopting children .....although I do have my eye on this 17 year old Swedish girl that might need a daddy.

Have a listen of the girls' music here:
http://www.7-40.com/tatu/english/music.asp
30 minutes was the one they produced with Sting's studio people. I have the original version in Russian which I bought years ago before the girls became famous.

wolfix said:

Madonna is a *****.....

Maybe we jumped to conclusions and were a bit harsh on Madonna? She put her side of the story over to the public On Oprah Winfrey and it turns out she may have saved Davie from certain death at the time. Apparently she found him dumped at an orphanage in very poor health and felt bonded to him through his misfortune.
It may be the case Madonna was genuinely acting out of the goodness of her heart and we've all assumed the worst case scenario - that she's simply buying herself a new toy.
Now I heard her side of the story I think the truth will emerge as time runs its course.