'MAGGOTS IN MY WOUND'

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Guest
Maggots in my wound, and it feels good!

Rediff On The Net Saturday, February 21, 2004

Researchers at the Princess of Wales Hospital in Bridgend, south Wales, have showed that sterile
maggots can heal wounds faster than conventional medicine.

Soon, patients suffering from infected wounds would be treated with maggots in the UK in a
new scheme.

A BBC Online report said the squirming larvae were first found to have curative properties during
World War I.

Dr William Baer noticed that maggots were getting into the wounds of people injured on the
battlefield and instead of making the wound worse, they helped clear it up.

Dr Baer starting using maggot therapy at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore and with excellent
results, the report said.

General practitioners around Britain will now be able to offer patients a prescription of maggots to
help heal wounds and avoid lengthy stays in hospital.

The BBC Online report said maggots clean wounds by eating dead tissue. They first spit out enzymes
that liquefy the tissue and then suck it up like soup.

More at: http://us.rediff.com/news/2004/feb/21med.htm

Jai Maharaj http://www.mantra.com/jai Om Shanti

Panchaang for 30 Maagh 5104, Friday, February 20, 2004:

Shubhanu Nama Samvatsare Uttarayane Moksh Ritau Kumbh Mase Shukl Pakshe Shukr Vasara Yuktayam
Shatabhish Nakshatr Shiv Yog Kinstughn-Bav Karan Pratham Yam Tithau

Hindu Holocaust Museum http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy http://www.hindu.org http://www.hindunet.org

The truth about Islam and Muslims http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

o Not for commercial use. Solely to be fairly used for the educational purposes of research and
open discussion. The contents of this post may not have been authored by, and do not
necessarily represent the opinion of the poster. The contents are protected by copyright law
and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works. o If you send private e-mail to me, it
will likely not be read, considered or answered if it does not contain your full legal name,
current e-mail and postal addresses, and live-voice telephone number. o Posted for information
and discussion. Views expressed by others are not necessarily those of the poster.

>Subject: 'MAGGOTS IN MY WOUND'
>From: [email protected] (Dr. Jai Maharaj)
>Date: 2/20/2004 11:26 PM Pacific Standard Time

>Maggots in my wound, and it feels good!

I realize this DOES work....and remember many many years ago as a student nurse unwrapping a bandage
(a dirty one!!!) and finding maggots inside!!! The memory will never leave me!!

After that we would bring down a very brave fella,,,a tech of some sort...who was not turned off by
the buggers..and yep..the wound did heal!!

Personally they would have to put me out before I could tolerate the "feeling" of those little guys
eating away!!! I saw a TV thing about this..and the patients did admit they can FEEL the
buggers...but all agreed (after the fact)...that a clean wound made it worth it!!!

YIKES hawki.....

any info imparted by me does not represent any views other than my own.....

any and all medical info is for your use in helping you and your health care provider evaluate and
treat any problems

>Subject: Re: 'MAGGOTS IN MY WOUND'
>From: [email protected] (Hawki63)
>Date: 2/21/04 1:15 PM Eastern Standard Time
>

>I realize this DOES work....and remember many many years ago as a student nurse unwrapping a
>bandage (a dirty one!!!) and finding maggots inside!!! The memory will never leave me!!

When you realize that in some diseases bacteria represent microscopic maggots, perhaps then you will
lose your facination with the "germ theory" of disease and stop believing the little buggers caused
the wound the same as the maggots did not cause the wound.

DrC PhD The doctor of the future will give no poisonous medicine in the vain attempt to poison the
sick into getting well.

The doctor of the future will interest the patient in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in
the cause and prevention of disease, and a medical theory which will not include bacteria, viruses,
retro-viruses, prions. or auto-immune excuses as the cause of any disease.

That would at least bring today’s allopathic medicine, Western medicine, up to the level of
scientific medical data available in 1870.