MAGNESIUM??

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by [email protected], Mar 16, 2006.

  1. Okay guys sorry I've posted before btut I lost my user ID and I could
    not find the account name ...

    For months now I've been suffering from constant muscle twiching,
    intolorance to cold, cold hands,/feet, i feel like my body is weak, I
    feel like my bones/joints hurt, I dont konw I feel like something is
    really wrong, even the doctor does NOT! My parents believe the doctor
    over me and thats pissing me off even more.

    Someone suggested a mineral deficiency.

    I went to one doctor, she said everything is fine..(she didnt check for
    vitamin deficiencies)
    The other doctor took blood tests (vitaminD,magnesium, Vtaminb12) this
    was 3 weeks ago and he has not gotten back to me. So I have no clue
    what is going on here?

    I purchased a Mineral Vitamin from GNC but it did not do much for mE.

    Now I started on better vitamin its Vitamin D- Zinc and Calcium
    combined. (or atleast I think it is) The first day I took it I barely
    felt the muscle twiching, I've only taken it for 2-3 days and I kinda
    do feel the twiching being less and less, but some parts of the day its
    TOO MUCH ! Its so ANNOYING. Sometimes I feel like I want to scream!!!!

    I mean is this what a deficiency sounds like? Every other test my
    doctor did on me is perfect, and I dont feel any other symptoms then
    the ones I pointed out.

    How long does it take for this shit to stop? Excuse my language, I'm
    just really annoyed..

    Ok my last question is that can the directions say to only take
    2tablespoons is it okay if I exceed that/? (It seems to stop the
    twitching and thats what I want to do).

    Here is the product I purchased.....
    http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=FL-1031

    Tags:

  2. Susan

    Susan Guest

    x-no-archive: yes

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Okay guys sorry I've posted before btut I lost my user ID and I could
    > not find the account name ...
    >
    > For months now I've been suffering from constant muscle twiching,
    > intolorance to cold, cold hands,/feet, i feel like my body is weak, I
    > feel like my bones/joints hurt, I dont konw I feel like something is
    > really wrong, even the doctor does NOT! My parents believe the doctor
    > over me and thats pissing me off even more.
    >
    > Someone suggested a mineral deficiency.
    >
    > I went to one doctor, she said everything is fine..(she didnt check for
    > vitamin deficiencies)
    > The other doctor took blood tests (vitaminD,magnesium, Vtaminb12) this
    > was 3 weeks ago and he has not gotten back to me. So I have no clue
    > what is going on here?
    >
    > I purchased a Mineral Vitamin from GNC but it did not do much for mE.
    >

    > Now I started on better vitamin its Vitamin D- Zinc and Calcium
    > combined. (or atleast I think it is) The first day I took it I barely
    > felt the muscle twiching, I've only taken it for 2-3 days and I kinda
    > do feel the twiching being less and less, but some parts of the day its
    > TOO MUCH ! Its so ANNOYING. Sometimes I feel like I want to scream!!!!
    >
    > I mean is this what a deficiency sounds like? Every other test my
    > doctor did on me is perfect, and I dont feel any other symptoms then
    > the ones I pointed out.
    >
    > How long does it take for this shit to stop? Excuse my language, I'm
    > just really annoyed..
    >
    > Ok my last question is that can the directions say to only take
    > 2tablespoons is it okay if I exceed that/? (It seems to stop the
    > twitching and thats what I want to do).
    >
    > Here is the product I purchased.....
    > http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=FL-1031

    You need a doctor, possibly an endocrinologist, not a newsgroup. Your
    symptoms are consistent with, and could be caused by thyroid dysfunction.

    Susan

  3. Max C.

    Max C. Guest

    Most people think muscle twitching is a lack of potassium (and in some
    cases it is) but more often than not, it's a calcium deficiency. Make
    sure the calcium you're taking isn't calcium carbonate. You'll want
    calcium lactate or calcium citrate. You'll also need a means of
    getting that calcium into the tissue, so you'll need vitamin F. I
    recommend taking a good quality fish or cod liver oil for that.

    As for your cold extremities, that could be many things. Could be a
    thyroid problem. Could be circulatory issues. I've even read that a
    lack of certain essential amino acids (the building blocks of protein)
    can cause cold extremities. If I were you, I'd start with the Calcium
    Lactate and Cod liver oil and give that about a month to see how it
    goes. 2 to 3 teaspoons of CLO per day spread throughout the day and
    whatever the Calcium supplement recommends on the label. That alone
    may help your body regulate temps and stop the twitching all on its
    own.

    If you can't stand the taste of cod liver oil, try Carlson's Lemon Cod
    Liver Oil. There's no fishy taste at all. You can find it and calcium
    lactate at nearly any local health food store (not GNC.)

    Also, it goes without saying that you'll need to omit all soft drinks
    and trans fats from your diet. Look at the list of ingredients on your
    food for anything with hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oil.

    Keep us posted on your progress.

    Max.

  4. Just Cocky

    Just Cocky Guest

    On 16 Mar 2006 11:29:40 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

    >How long does it take for this shit to stop? Excuse my language, I'm
    >just really annoyed..

    You need to find a good doctor. No offense, but you are clueless and
    need help administering your health.

    Have you had the chance to look at the "Good Doctor List" I posted a
    few weeks ago?

    http://www.co-cure.org/Good-Doc.htm

  5. I'm clueless so no I didn't get a chance to do so.

  6. Just Cocky

    Just Cocky Guest

    On 16 Mar 2006 12:24:12 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

    >I'm clueless so no I didn't get a chance to do so.

    Why are you spending money on supplements before *KNOWING* what the
    problem is?

  7. On 16 Mar 2006 11:29:40 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

    >Here is the product I purchased.....
    >http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=FL-1031

    I looked it up and it does not even say what type of magnesium they use. Here
    is something from Mercola's site.

    http://www.mercola.com/2004/aug/7/miracle_magnesium.htm
    The most commons sources of magnesium are oxide, citrate,
    glycinate, and malate. People use oxide and citrate if they
    suffer from constipation to take advantage of magnesium's
    laxative effect. Glycinate seems to cause little diarrhea and
    is the best choice for people who already have loose stools.
    Magnesium malate has been promoted for people with
    fibromyalgia to help break up lactic acid that seems to be
    part of the fibromyalgia picture.
    The Miracle of Magnesium 8/7/04
    Dr. Joseph Mercola
    Author of the
    Total Health Program

  8. Ron Peterson

    Ron Peterson Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > For months now I've been suffering from constant muscle twiching,
    > intolorance to cold, cold hands,/feet, i feel like my body is weak, I
    > feel like my bones/joints hurt, I dont konw I feel like something is
    > really wrong, even the doctor does NOT! My parents believe the doctor
    > over me and thats pissing me off even more.

    It may be Raynaud's syndrome, a common ailment.

    --
    Ron

  9. Just Cocky,

    I've been to two doctors and they seem to THINK that deficiencies are
    not common.

    I gave up on doctors, call me crazy, but I've been twice, and they
    can't find anything wrong with me, so they're obviously clueless about
    nutrition. I happen to believe I do have a deficiency because I have a
    lot of the symptoms. And I highly doubt I have some kind of disease or
    illness, otherwise I would not be working 35 hours a week, and living a
    normal life. I do not have the symptoms of MS, or any of the
    syndromes..

  10. Just Cocky

    Just Cocky Guest

    On 16 Mar 2006 15:56:32 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

    >I've been to two doctors and they seem to THINK that deficiencies are
    >not common.

    Your case could be UNCOMMON. Who knows? Get a *GOOD* doctor. That's
    why I provided that that list.

    >I gave up on doctors, call me crazy

    You are crazy. You need to find a *GOOD* doctor. Why? Because you are
    unable to do it on your own. And people here, on this newsgroup,
    aren't able to help you either, without kwoing what's wrong with you.

    >but I've been twice, and they can't find anything wrong with me, so
    >they're obviously clueless about nutrition.

    Most are indeed clueless about nutrition. That's why you need to find
    a *GOOD* doctor.

    >I happen to believe I do have a deficiency because I have a
    >lot of the symptoms.

    It doesn't matter what you believe. You need to be tested by a *GOOD*
    doctor to *KNOW* what's wrong with you. Note that this is a group
    about science, not faith.

    >And I highly doubt I have some kind of disease or illness, otherwise
    >I would not be working 35 hours a week, and living a normal life.

    Truth is: you have no clue. That's why you are here. However, until
    you are tested by a *GOOD* doctor, you'll never know.

  11. Susan

    Susan Guest

    x-no-archive: yes

    [email protected] wrote:

    > I gave up on doctors, call me crazy, but I've been twice, and they
    > can't find anything wrong with me, so they're obviously clueless about
    > nutrition. I happen to believe I do have a deficiency because I have a
    > lot of the symptoms. And I highly doubt I have some kind of disease or
    > illness, otherwise I would not be working 35 hours a week, and living a
    > normal life. I do not have the symptoms of MS, or any of the
    > syndromes..

    This is completely illogical and false. Lots of folks with chronic and
    even acute illnesses manage to continue working at their full time jobs.
    You need a careful medical evaluation; I'd ask around til you find
    someone with a doctor to recommend.

    Susan

  12. Susan wrote:
    > x-no-archive: yes

    x-no-archive: yes

    testing ... 1,2,3

  13. [email protected] wrote:

    Perhaps, if you were to focus and ask a simple question in plain
    English?

    > I mean is this what a deficiency sounds like?

    Magnesium is used to relax muscles and to prevent charlie-horses.

  14. montygram

    montygram Guest

    Go to www.ithyroid.com and read his material. Also, search this group
    for montygram and read my old posts. Get back to me if you have any
    questions.

  15. joni

    joni Guest

    Ron Peterson wrote:
    > It may be Raynaud's syndrome, a common ailment.

    Raynauds syndrome is not really a 'common' ailment by itself, it is
    usally secondary to some primary disease. About the only symptom the OP
    mentioned thats even remotely related to Raynauds is intolerance to
    cold, but that could also be a thyroid problem. Raynauds also
    usually has the cant miss symptom of extreme color changes to the skin
    from white to purplish and pink which the OP poster doesnt have. The
    OP should be seeking medical treatment and not guessing or asking for
    solutions here.

    joanne

  16. montygram wrote:
    > Go to www.ithyroid.com and read his material. Also, search this group
    > for montygram and read my old posts. Get back to me if you have any
    > questions.

    In regards to Monty, he has passed the stage where magnesium might have
    helped him. :(

    So for Monty, I prescribe a brain transplant.

    A human brain is optional in Monty's particular situation, since he is
    already suffering from brain damage.

    Ha, ... Hah, Ha!