Magnet for mavic bladed spokes?

roadhog

Feb 13, 2005
I recently upgraded wheelsets to mavic ksyrium elite. I previously did not have bladed spokes, and I like my current computer. So I need to find a magnet to put on my new spokes to keep using my original computer. I've done minimal shopping around online, and all I can find is the Shimano bladed spoke magnet. However, in all its advertisements, it mentions it will not fit mavic bladed spokes. Where can I find a magnet for my needs? It's not like mavics are unpopular or anything so I'm sure there are options out there.....
thanks in advance!

roadhog said:
I recently upgraded wheelsets to mavic ksyrium elite. I previously did not have bladed spokes, and I like my current computer. So I need to find a magnet to put on my new spokes to keep using my original computer. I've done minimal shopping around online, and all I can find is the Shimano bladed spoke magnet. However, in all its advertisements, it mentions it will not fit mavic bladed spokes. Where can I find a magnet for my needs? It's not like mavics are unpopular or anything so I'm sure there are options out there.....
thanks in advance!

Mavic makes a wheel magnet - usually comes with the wheel:

http://www.glorycycles.com/mawhma.html

My LBS here in SoCal has some, they usually come with the Mavic Wintech Computer, they have an oblong slot and of course fit Mavic Bladed spokes perfectly...
I know the Owner very well, so if you need their contact info please let me know, I'll PM it to you... I'm positive they'll mail you one if you can't find one locally...

roadhog said:
thanks in advance!

Other option is move magnet closer to rim and move sensor further up your front forks, that's how my wireless set up, and just have small screw on magnet. No probs what so ever. :)

thanks all. i went to a local shop and they just rooted around in a drawer in the mechanic's area until they turned up one that fit. I have no idea what brand it is but it works great, and hey, it was free!