Magnets help neuropathy

Jan

Guest
The Weintraub study gave the following results.
Overall, 64% of the 14 patients showed statistically significant
improvement in the paresthesias of numbness and
tingling. Peripheral neuropathy patients had the best response of the
two groups, with 75% (6/8) improving, 38% (3/8) completely. The diabetic
neuropathy group had a 50% responserate. VAS scores reflected the changes in
decreased pain.

http://web.ksl.com/dump/news/cc/diamag.htm

Diabetes and Magnets A new study is out that confirms the apparent benefits of
magnet therapy for diabetics. Specifically, wearing magnetic insoles can
provide significant relief to diabetics who suffer from a painful condition
called peripheral neuropathy. Dr. Max Gomez has details.

It's a test that measures how well nerves are conducting signals from the feet.
And the results for Jeanette Castner show that her diabetes has, in fact,
damaged those nerves. In her case its made them extremely numb, which is much
more serious than it sounds.

Jeanette says, "All of a sudden you would see blood, because you had a
blister." "You don't feel that at all?" "Well, I did lose a toe because of
that."

The problem is called diabetic neuropathy and it's a major disabler of people
with diabetes. Dr. Michael Weintraub, of New York Medical College says, "You
can have numbness and tingling like your feet are asleep or numb or tingling or
burning to the point here you can't even put pressure on them."

But Jeanette and other diabetics have gotten significant relief from their
neuropathy by using an ancient alternative treatment-- magnets. Nineteen
patients in a well-designed scientific study published January 11 in the
American Journal of Pain Management wore magnetic insoles around the clock
except while showering. They they rated their pain twice a day for four months.
The trick was making sure the pain relief was really due to the magnets.

Dr. Weintraub explains, "So, I created a design to have the pt test one foot as
a control against a real magnet on the other foot, and then after one month,
switch them. So, in the other month they would havae a magnet on the opposite
foot and a sham magnet or device on the other foot, so they would not know
which ones they were."

Both the foot with the fake and the real magnet got some pain relief but when
they were switched to real magnets, 90 percent of the diabetics got
significantly better from their neuropathy.

Jeanette says, "But since the magnetic chips, it's ironic how I don't, I still
have numbness but it's decreased."

As to why magnets seem to work, there are a few theories but the bottom line
is, no one really knows. Curiously, the magnetic insoles don't work as well on
foot pain from causes other than diabetes.

Happy Oyster

Guest
On 17 Sep 2003 06:48:04 GMT, [email protected] (Jan) wrote:

>Diabetes and Magnets
>A new study is out that confirms the apparent benefits of
>magnet therapy for diabetics.

Which proves what idiots do such studies. We did some research on
magnets and found all kinds (!) of uses of magnets to be fraud.

That Jan Drew uses this "study" to spread false news to support
"alternative" stuff via image polishing is no wonder : Jan Drew is an
advertizing agency for quacks and sharlatans.

Aribert Deckers
--
POLICE - POLIZEI - POLITIE - POLICIA

http://www.ariplex.com/ama/amapolis.htm

David

Guest
"Happy Oyster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On 17 Sep 2003 06:48:04 GMT, [email protected]l.com (Jan) wrote:
>
> >Diabetes and Magnets
> >A new study is out that confirms the apparent benefits of
> >magnet therapy for diabetics.

> Which proves what idiots do such studies.

Names please. Why do you think such investigation was done by "idiots"?
>We did some research on
> magnets

Um, who is "We"?
>and found all kinds (!) of uses of magnets to be fraud.

All, huh? Hmmm.

Rich Shewmaker

Guest
--

"Happy Oyster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On 17 Sep 2003 06:48:04 GMT, [email protected] (Jan) wrote:
>
> >Diabetes and Magnets
> >A new study is out that confirms the apparent benefits of
> >magnet therapy for diabetics.

> Which proves what idiots do such studies. We did some research on
> magnets and found all kinds (!) of uses of magnets to be fraud.
>
> Aribert Deckers

Hmm. Perhaps MRI's might have some legitimate use. Oh, and in the emergency
room we sometimes use a magnet to remove a ferrous foreign body from an eye.
A magnet can be used to temporarily turn off some cardiac pacemakers to do
an unpaced EKG. So maybe not ALL uses of magnets are fraudulent.

;o) Rich

Jan

Guest
>Subject: Re: Magnets help neuropathy
>From: "David" [email protected]
>Date: 9/17/2003 7:48 AM Pacific Standard Time
>

>"Happy Oyster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>> On 17 Sep 2003 06:48:04 GMT, [email protected] (Jan) wrote:
>>
>> >Diabetes and Magnets
>> >A new study is out that confirms the apparent benefits of
>> >magnet therapy for diabetics.

>> Which proves what idiots do such studies.

>Names please. Why do you think such investigation was done by "idiots"?
>>We did some research on
>> magnets

>Um, who is "We"?
>>and found all kinds (!) of uses of magnets to be fraud.

>All, huh? Hmmm.

Poor deluded Happy. I happen to KNOW they help, as I have PN.

Happy is a wacko.

Jan

David

Guest
"Happy Oyster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]
> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 06:08:06 -1000, "Rich Shewmaker"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >"Happy Oyster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]

> >> Which proves what idiots do such studies. We did some research on
> >> magnets and found all kinds (!) of uses of magnets to be fraud.
> >>
> >> Aribert Deckers

> >Hmm. Perhaps MRI's might have some legitimate use. Oh, and in the

emergency
> >room we sometimes use a magnet to remove a ferrous foreign body from an

eye.
> >A magnet can be used to temporarily turn off some cardiac pacemakers to

do
> >an unpaced EKG. So maybe not ALL uses of magnets are fraudulent.

> Well, I did not mean those things.

Squirming.......................

I meant the use of magnets for
> therapies - the magnetic field is claimed to have certains effects on
> tissues, blood, etc...

Please post the "tests" that you performed on "all" devices.

> There is - just as an example - an electronic device which costs about
> 2800 US-Dollars. The material value of the really needed parts is
> below 10 US-Dollars...

No one is twisting your arm to buy one.

And the "therapy" is none.
In your opinion.

> This device is sold to MDs, chiropractors, etc...,

Wonder why they buy and use them? Perhaps their research does not agree with
your "opinion"?

who then sell the
> "therapies" (of about 15 minutes each) to their patients.

Hate to disturb your dreamworld, but, that is how the medical biz works.

In the north
> of Germany alone the damage by this exceeds 100 Mio Dollar per year.
>
> Regards,
>
> Aribert Deckers
> --
> POLICE - POLIZEI - POLITIE - POLICIA
>
> http://www.ariplex.com/ama/amapolis.htm

Happy Oyster

Guest
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:48:41 GMT, "David" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Happy Oyster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>> On 17 Sep 2003 06:48:04 GMT, [email protected] (Jan) wrote:
>>
>> >Diabetes and Magnets
>> >A new study is out that confirms the apparent benefits of
>> >magnet therapy for diabetics.

>> Which proves what idiots do such studies.

>Names please. Why do you think such investigation was done by "idiots"?
>>We did some research on
>> magnets

>Um, who is "We"?
>>and found all kinds (!) of uses of magnets to be fraud.

>All, huh? Hmmm.

Yes, all kinds.

Aribert Deckers
--

<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Happy Oyster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>> On 17 Sep 2003 06:48:04 GMT, [email protected] (Jan) wrote:
>>
>> >Diabetes and Magnets
>> >A new study is out that confirms the apparent benefits of
>> >magnet therapy for diabetics.

>> Which proves what idiots do such studies. We did some research on
>> magnets and found all kinds (!) of uses of magnets to be fraud.
>>
>> Aribert Deckers

>Hmm. Perhaps MRI's might have some legitimate use. Oh, and in the emergency
>room we sometimes use a magnet to remove a ferrous foreign body from an eye.
>A magnet can be used to temporarily turn off some cardiac pacemakers to do
>an unpaced EKG. So maybe not ALL uses of magnets are fraudulent.

Well, I did not mean those things. I meant the use of magnets for
therapies - the magnetic field is claimed to have certains effects on
tissues, blood, etc...

There is - just as an example - an electronic device which costs about
2800 US-Dollars. The material value of the really needed parts is
below 10 US-Dollars... And the "therapy" is none.

This device is sold to MDs, chiropractors, etc..., who then sell the
"therapies" (of about 15 minutes each) to their patients. In the north
of Germany alone the damage by this exceeds 100 Mio Dollar per year.

Regards,

Aribert Deckers
--
POLICE - POLIZEI - POLITIE - POLICIA

http://www.ariplex.com/ama/amapolis.htm

David

Guest
How did you get this way?

wrote:

>> There is - just as an example - an electronic device which costs about
>> 2800 US-Dollars. The material value of the really needed parts is
>> below 10 US-Dollars...

>No one is twisting your arm to buy one.

This shows the world one of your major driving forces : GREED! And
your typical excuse (the typical excuse of all snakeoil dealers) :

"It was the buyer's own fault. No one forced him to buy."

Aribert Deckers
--
POLICE - POLIZEI - POLITIE - POLICIA

http://www.ariplex.com/ama/amapolis.htm

Happy Oyster

Guest
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:34:20 GMT, "David" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>How did you get this way?

It's in the genes, you know. Some people are bright, others are
MLM-ers...

Regards,

Aribert Deckers
-----