Magpies season

I tied up some old pair of sunny on my helmet as suggested by some mates,it doesn't seem to work but I still think it somehow hesitates the birdy for a moment when trying to bomb me.

Ray Peace wrote:

> As this only affects cyclists and pedestrians, a small percentage of the
> overall population, the vast majority don't give a ****.

There used to be one that lived at the corner of the Eastern Freeway
and
Doncaster Rd that used to take a decent swoop at me on the motorbike.
No effect at all on a full face helmet .. dumb bird ... just a "clonk"!

giantbike said:
I tied up some old pair of sunny on my helmet as suggested by some mates,it doesn't seem to work but I still think it somehow hesitates the birdy for a moment when trying to bomb me.

Magpies are smarter than I thought. My morning swooper, they've put up swooping bird warning signs and I haven't been swooped since.
"My work here is done."

On 2005-09-23, Bleve (aka Bruce)

> Ray Peace wrote:
>
>> As this only affects cyclists and pedestrians, a small percentage of the
>> overall population, the vast majority don't give a ****.

> There used to be one that lived at the corner of the Eastern Freeway
> and
> Doncaster Rd that used to take a decent swoop at me on the motorbike.
> No effect at all on a full face helmet .. dumb bird ... just a "clonk"!

Dad told a story of how he met with a seagull (in his stomach); him
going at +100km/h, it going at ~-20km/h.

He told of the story how he was knocked off the back, with just hands
on the bars, and managed to pull himself back on before it had a
chance to crash.

No longer alive to confirm whether he was pulling our respective legs
or not.

He also did road racing (and told me this story back in the days when
I wasn't enthused about bikes, dammit). He ran over a stick in the
race, which turned out to be a now somewhat angry snake, stuck in the
front spokes.

It started spitting venom, which ran down his legs. He bailed off the
back. Much gravel to be removed by a nurse.

--
TimC
"How much caffeine do you consume on a daily basis?"