Magpies

Shabby

New Member
Mar 13, 2003
And this years "Annual magpie discussion starting earlier than the Xmas hype award" goes to:

http://tinyurl.com/9nrgf

For anyone who read this and was looking for magpie answers, please don't ask any questions without using this site first:

http://tinyurl.com/2rfwr

Shabby said:
And this years "Annual magpie discussion starting earlier than the Xmas hype award" goes to:

http://tinyurl.com/9nrgf

Dismount? WT, so I can have more to think about. Cycling advice from a non-cyclist.

As for the award, aus.bicycle beat it by weeks. The real shabby would know this. You must be imposter-Shabby.
Hmm, 1st fake-Kathy, now imposter-Shabby. A pattern develops.

aeek said:
Dismount? WT, so I can have more to think about. Cycling advice from a non-cyclist.

As for the award, aus.bicycle beat it by weeks. The real shabby would know this. You must be imposter-Shabby.
Hmm, 1st fake-Kathy, now imposter-Shabby. A pattern develops.

I am the jen-you-ine Dutch. Dutch'er than a big black hairy Dutch thing :D

Except for the times i get grumpy. then I am the anti-dutch

aeek wrote:
> Shabby Wrote:
>
>>And this years "Annual magpie discussion starting earlier than the Xmas
>>hype award" goes to:
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/9nrgf
>>

> Dismount? WT, so I can have more to think about. Cycling advice from a
> non-cyclist.
>
> As for the award, aus.bicycle beat it by weeks. The real shabby would
> know this. You must be imposter-Shabby.
> Hmm, 1st fake-Kathy, now imposter-Shabby. A pattern develops.

I AM NOT fake kathy

Jeez the shame.

I was trapped Dave :)

dave wrote:

> aeek wrote:
>
>> Shabby Wrote:

<snip>

You must be imposter-Shabby.
>> Hmm, 1st fake-Kathy, now imposter-Shabby. A pattern develops.
>>

> I AM NOT fake kathy
>
> Jeez the shame.
>
> I was trapped Dave :)

And how do you think I feel about it???!

Kathy wrote:

> dave wrote:
>
>> aeek wrote:
>>
>>> Shabby Wrote:
>>>

> <snip>
>
> You must be imposter-Shabby.
>
>>> Hmm, 1st fake-Kathy, now imposter-Shabby. A pattern develops.
>>>

>> I AM NOT fake kathy
>>
>> Jeez the shame.
>>
>> I was trapped Dave :)

> And how do you think I feel about it???!

But But....

You are real Kathy ... aint you?

And I didnt say trapped was bad,..... its just well.... trapped. I had
you things could have been much worse..

I also had flue and cough that does not end .. and no bike.... Well only
stealth Kat... things could have been a bit better...

Kathy wrote:

> dave wrote:
>
>> aeek wrote:
>>
>>> Shabby Wrote:
>>>

> <snip>
>
> You must be imposter-Shabby.
>
>>> Hmm, 1st fake-Kathy, now imposter-Shabby. A pattern develops.
>>>

>> I AM NOT fake kathy
>>
>> Jeez the shame.
>>
>> I was trapped Dave :)

> And how do you think I feel about it???!

Ummm.. For any who may be confused by my last post, Dave has gone home
to cuddle the cat tonight, so it's REAL Kathy! :)

Shabby said:
And this years "Annual magpie discussion starting earlier than the Xmas hype award" goes to:

http://tinyurl.com/9nrgf

For anyone who read this and was looking for magpie answers, please don't ask any questions without using this site first:

http://tinyurl.com/2rfwr
It seems Queesland magpies are smarter than those residing in the ACT:

"If there is a swooping magpie in you neighbourhood take these simple measures to protect yourself and others... Stick some eyes on the back of your umbrella, hat or helmet." (http://www.environment.act.gov.au/petsandlocalwildlife/livingwithmagpies.html)

However http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/LTASinfo.nsf/index/cycling_magpies claims that "Painting eyes on your helmet is not usually effective because magpies have excellent visual discrimination and can learn the difference between painted and real eyes. "

PS: The reason you walk is a fast moving object is more likely to cause the magpie to swoop. I think. :p.

SomeGuy said:
PS: The reason you walk is a fast moving object is more likely to cause the magpie to swoop. I think. :p.

I remember being stopped at the lights with a magpie hitting my helmet. Noticed after the 3rd? clunk. Couldn't have been any slower.

Wasn't getting swooped this week, I got worried, has something happened to him? The joy when he swooped me this morning!

aeek wrote:
> SomeGuy Wrote:
>
>>PS: The reason you walk is a fast moving object is more likely to cause
>>the magpie to swoop. I think. :p.

> I remember being stopped at the lights with a magpie hitting my helmet.
> Noticed after the 3rd? clunk. Couldn't have been any slower.
>
> Wasn't getting swooped this week, I got worried, has something happened
> to him? The joy when he swooped me this morning!

joy of swoopage?

aeek, that makes you the Krazy Kat of a.b;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krazy_Kat

=)

cheers,

kim

Kim wrote:
> aeek wrote:
>
>>SomeGuy Wrote:
>>

>>>PS: The reason you walk is a fast moving object is more likely to cause
>>>the magpie to swoop. I think. :p.

>>I remember being stopped at the lights with a magpie hitting my helmet.
>>Noticed after the 3rd? clunk. Couldn't have been any slower.
>>
>>Wasn't getting swooped this week, I got worried, has something happened
>>to him? The joy when he swooped me this morning!

> joy of swoopage?
>
> aeek, that makes you the Krazy Kat of a.b;
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krazy_Kat
>
> =)
>
> cheers,
>
> kim

Yep. That maggie beside the hockey ground gets one go at me this year.
Maggie pie :)