Magura HS33 pads?

Calz

Guest
Went out today for a ride with my new bars which I left uncut after my previous post and found them
a lot more stable, new grips club roost ones and first time out on the Magura HS33s ;o)

Either my old V brakes where shot to pieces or these new ones are as a good as they claim, even in
the wet and sloshing through 8" deep clay mud they worked perfectly but theres always the thought in
the back of your mind "Is there more?"

So... Bearing in mind the **** weather here in the UK and chalk/clay type mud my way would I gain
much by swapping the pads for the "Green frog" ones which are described for wet conditions and save
the original black ones for summer or maybe another brand totally who else makes pads for Magura?

cheers once again, Steve

The frogs are brilliant pads. Im in the UK too and once Id switched to a set of frogs the breaking
power improved heaps. Bear in mind that Ive got 'ceramic' rims too, though.

Id buy a set for sure.

Small Black Dog

Calz wrote:

> Went out today for a ride with my new bars which I left uncut after my previous post and found
> them a lot more stable, new grips club roost ones and first time out on the Magura HS33s ;o)
>
> Either my old V brakes where shot to pieces or these new ones are as a good as they claim, even in
> the wet and sloshing through 8" deep clay mud they worked perfectly but theres always the thought
> in the back of your mind "Is there more?"
>
> So... Bearing in mind the **** weather here in the UK and chalk/clay type mud my way would I
> gain much by swapping the pads for the "Green frog" ones which are described for wet conditions
> and save the original black ones for summer or maybe another brand totally who else makes pads
> for Magura?

I use the red ones, they work better than the black ones in dry and slightly better in the wet. I
never tried the green ones.

One thing I noticed after switching to disks is that insted of the mud and grass and stuff
collecting at the hs33 arch it now collects on the front mech and chain.

--
D_D