Magura Hs33's

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by davebee, May 18, 2005.

  1. davebee

    davebee New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2004
    Most of my riding is XC and I have been using shimano XT V's front and rear. Ideally I would like to upgrade to disks but there is no disk mount on the frame - there is on the fork. Is it worth putting Mags on front and rear, or should I stick with the v on the rear and put a disk on the front?

    Tags:

  2. jg

    jg Guest

    You could always use a disk mount adapter at the rear.

    Personally I would go with the disks.... Any rim brake is really hard on the
    rim once you start riding in mud, and even one ride can remove all the
    anodizing on the rim, (mud and sand)

    The HS33's are very powerful too, so more damage when riding in mud... in
    normal conditions they would do fine.

    Here's a disk adapter :

    http://www.therapycomponents.com/BRAKETHERAPY.htm

    Not the one I had in mind, but it's really easy to make your own floating
    diskbrake mount. The arm attaches to the V brake boss and the mount itself
    runs on a bearing one the axle. (this is much heavier than a normal bolt on
    mount adapter)
    More:

    http://www.a2zcomponents.com/fastop.htm

    All the best
    Johannes

    "davebee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Most of my riding is XC and I have been using shimano XT V's front and
    > rear. Ideally I would like to upgrade to disks but there is no disk
    > mount on the frame - there is on the fork. Is it worth putting Mags on
    > front and rear, or should I stick with the v on the rear and put a disk
    > on the front?
    >

    > --
    > davebee

  3. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    davebee wrote:
    > Most of my riding is XC and I have been using shimano XT V's front and
    > rear. Ideally I would like to upgrade to disks but there is no disk
    > mount on the frame - there is on the fork. Is it worth putting Mags on
    > front and rear, or should I stick with the v on the rear and put a
    > disk on the front?

    They're a bit fussy to set up but very powerful and easy to maintain once
    they are. I have a friend that ran them for years on his DH bike with good
    results. Put the HS on the rear and a Louise on the front.

    Mike