Magura Hs33's

davebee

New Member
Jan 15, 2004
Most of my riding is XC and I have been using shimano XT V's front and rear. Ideally I would like to upgrade to disks but there is no disk mount on the frame - there is on the fork. Is it worth putting Mags on front and rear, or should I stick with the v on the rear and put a disk on the front?

You could always use a disk mount adapter at the rear.

Personally I would go with the disks.... Any rim brake is really hard on the
rim once you start riding in mud, and even one ride can remove all the
anodizing on the rim, (mud and sand)

The HS33's are very powerful too, so more damage when riding in mud... in
normal conditions they would do fine.

Here's a disk adapter :

http://www.therapycomponents.com/BRAKETHERAPY.htm

Not the one I had in mind, but it's really easy to make your own floating
diskbrake mount. The arm attaches to the V brake boss and the mount itself
runs on a bearing one the axle. (this is much heavier than a normal bolt on
mount adapter)
More:

http://www.a2zcomponents.com/fastop.htm

All the best
Johannes

news:[email protected]...

davebee wrote:
> Most of my riding is XC and I have been using shimano XT V's front and
> rear. Ideally I would like to upgrade to disks but there is no disk
> mount on the frame - there is on the fork. Is it worth putting Mags on
> front and rear, or should I stick with the v on the rear and put a
> disk on the front?

They're a bit fussy to set up but very powerful and easy to maintain once
they are. I have a friend that ran them for years on his DH bike with good
results. Put the HS on the rear and a Louise on the front.

Mike