Maighelpass above Andermatt

Per Löwdin wrote:
> Just mounted some photos from the Maighelpass above Andermatt in Switzerland
>
> http://happymtb.org/forum/read.php/1/366327
>
> Per
> http://lowdin.nu

WOW! Very nice! There are mountains in Switzerland :)?

Looks like a great trip, I just don't know about carting all my stuff
around. I wonder if there are any guide supported tours there. I don't
mind sleeping in a tent, I just don't want to drag it from place to place.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

> WOW! Very nice! There are mountains in Switzerland :)?
>
> Looks like a great trip, I just don't know about carting all my stuff
> around.

We don´t, or put it differently, we do but in our car. Last year after
combining MTB with riding between the places with singletrack we throw in
the towel and got ourselves a car.

> I wonder if there are any guide supported tours there.

Yes, there are, both moving across the alps, bringing your stuff on a truck
or whatver, and those where you stay for a week and ride guided trails.

Know people who had splendid riding with http://www.bikeverbier.com/
http://www.outbreak-adventure.co.uk/biking/index.php,
though I can´t name any of the ones that run the supported transalp tours.
Would be easy to google up though.

Per

http://lowdin.nu

quite nice to see you checking in with another spectacular pictorial!
And the blue anodized Blade is a beauty. I recently picked up a red
one, and it really is a fun ride.

Ride on...

CDB aka el Paladin

I hope you were not out there camping on 20 and 21 August 2005, when we
were having 5 cm of snow on the Oberalppaß and three out of four
passes closed for all traffic.

> I hope you were not out there camping on 20 and 21 August 2005, when we
were having 5 cm of snow on the Oberalppaß and three out of four
passes closed for all traffic.

No, we rode the Maighelpaß 1 September, but I remember the weather your are
talking about, were driving along the Riviera and had really heavy
torrential rain, had to stop or drive really slow at times to avoid
hydroplaning.

Per
http://lowdin.nu

"Paladin" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet

> And the blue anodized Blade is a beauty. I recently picked up a red
> one, and it really is a fun ride.

Absolutely, though, I wonder what is happening to Titus? Seems they have
discontinued Switchblades. That is really surprising considering how good
the bike is and how everyone has praised it.

It also appears that Titus has discontinued its direct contact with
customers, the thing I really liked about the company. They were always
friendly and helpful.

Per

http://lowdin.nu

Per Löwdin wrote:
> "Paladin" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet
>
>> And the blue anodized Blade is a beauty. I recently picked up a red
>> one, and it really is a fun ride.

> Absolutely, though, I wonder what is happening to Titus? Seems they have
> discontinued Switchblades. That is really surprising considering how good
> the bike is and how everyone has praised it.
>
> It also appears that Titus has discontinued its direct contact with
> customers, the thing I really liked about the company. They were always
> friendly and helpful.
>
> Per
>
> http://lowdin.nu

Not to mention outsourcing some production to a certain largely
populated country.

Still love 'em though. I've started saving for an x-100 or moto-lite
this summer to replace the aging Ellsworthless Id.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

> Not to mention outsourcing some production to a certain largely populated
> country.

I can live with the outsourcing, after all asian handicraft can be exquisite
work, but I think it was far too soon to retire the Switchblade.

> Still love 'em though. I've started saving for an x-100 or moto-lite this
> summer to replace the aging Ellsworthless Id.

Elisabeth, my wife, rides an xs racer-x and loves it.

Per

http://lowdin.nu

Per Löwdin wrote:
> > Not to mention outsourcing some production to a certain largely populated
> > country.

> I can live with the outsourcing, after all asian handicraft can be exquisite
> work, but I think it was far too soon to retire the Switchblade.
>

> > Still love 'em though. I've started saving for an x-100 or moto-lite this
> > summer to replace the aging Ellsworthless Id.

> Elisabeth, my wife, rides an xs racer-x and loves it.
>
> Per
>
> http://lowdin.nu

I thought that was a racer-x she was on.

I guess the thinking is the Motolite is going to replace the
Switchblade. If that's the case, I really need to ride a moto, because
I've never ridden a bike I liked more than the blade. There's an
ogoing debate of what's the best all-around mtnbike made, the blade or
the 5-spot. I think we have to factor in the 5.75 and Ventana, maybe
the Intense 5.5, but no matter your personal preferences, I hate to see
the Switchblade cast aside.

CDB

> I guess the thinking is the Motolite is going to replace the
Switchblade. If that's the case, I really need to ride a moto, because
I've never ridden a bike I liked more than the blade. There's an
ogoing debate of what's the best all-around mtnbike made, the blade or
the 5-spot. I think we have to factor in the 5.75 and Ventana, maybe
the Intense 5.5, but no matter your personal preferences, I hate to see
the Switchblade cast aside.

Yes, it is really strange, from what I understand they brought some new
executive guy with a Master in Business Adminstration, the kind of guy who
could make a career of peddling soap, who has his way.

Per

http://lowdin.nu

Per Löwdin wrote:
>> I guess the thinking is the Motolite is going to replace the

> Switchblade. If that's the case, I really need to ride a moto, because
> I've never ridden a bike I liked more than the blade. There's an
> ogoing debate of what's the best all-around mtnbike made, the blade or
> the 5-spot. I think we have to factor in the 5.75 and Ventana, maybe
> the Intense 5.5, but no matter your personal preferences, I hate to see
> the Switchblade cast aside.
>
> Yes, it is really strange, from what I understand they brought some new
> executive guy with a Master in Business Adminstration, the kind of guy who
> could make a career of peddling soap, who has his way.
>
> Per
>
> http://lowdin.nu

MBA, the destruction of any company.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Per Löwdin wrote:
>>> I guess the thinking is the Motolite is going to replace the

>> Switchblade. If that's the case, I really need to ride a moto, because
>> I've never ridden a bike I liked more than the blade. There's an
>> ogoing debate of what's the best all-around mtnbike made, the blade or
>> the 5-spot. I think we have to factor in the 5.75 and Ventana, maybe
>> the Intense 5.5, but no matter your personal preferences, I hate to see
>> the Switchblade cast aside.
>>
>> Yes, it is really strange, from what I understand they brought some new
>> executive guy with a Master in Business Adminstration, the kind of guy
>> who could make a career of peddling soap, who has his way.
>>
>> Per
>>
>> http://lowdin.nu

> MBA, the destruction of any company.
>
> --

MBA = More Bad Administration

Per Löwdin wrote:
> Yes, it is really strange, from what I understand they brought some new
> executive guy with a Master in Business Adminstration, the kind of guy who
> could make a career of peddling soap, who has his way.

First rule of Fight Club is...

An executive guy, huh? If he doesn't ride, I have to agree that it
could be a death knell.

JD

"JD" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet
news:[email protected]...

Per Löwdin wrote:
>> Yes, it is really strange, from what I understand they brought some new
>> executive guy with a Master in Business Adminstration, the kind of guy
>> who
>> could make a career of peddling soap, who has his way.

> First rule of Fight Club is...

An executive guy, huh? If he doesn't ride, I have to agree that it
could be a death knell.

I understand that they hired som new guy to run marketing and what not, to
steer things up, think he had helped run lightspeed into the ground before
he came to Titus. Of course a properly run company can´t have direct contact
with customers and it has to make money above everything else. Titus used to
have the best customer support one can imagine, you just phoned and they
always helped you out. Answering were people who really knew the bikes and
really wanted you to be happy with Titus. Just the customer support was a
darn good reason to buy a Titus.

Now, there is not even a phone number on the Titus homepage and they dropped
the Switchblade without explanation.

Per

http://lowdin.nu

Per Löwdin wrote:
> I understand that they hired som new guy to run marketing and what not, to
> steer things up, think he had helped run lightspeed into the ground before
> he came to Titus.

Oh joy.

I needed a bolt for The Freak recently and ran into a bit of a log jam.
I was wondering what was up. If it wasn't for OTE in Fruita, I'd
probably still be wondering if I could get that bolt this month.

JD

JD wrote:
> Per Löwdin wrote:
> > I understand that they hired som new guy to run marketing and what not,to
> > steer things up, think he had helped run lightspeed into the ground before
> > he came to Titus.

> Oh joy.
>
> I needed a bolt for The Freak recently and ran into a bit of a log jam.
> I was wondering what was up. If it wasn't for OTE in Fruita, I'd
> probably still be wondering if I could get that bolt this month.
>
> JD

yeah, what happened to their legendary customer service?? I gave up
waiting on them for an email response and a return phone call. Just
hauled the beast into a shop and they answered my questions and got me
what I needed. But hey, that's not how they used to be in the past!

CDB

Paladin wrote:
> JD wrote:
> > Per Löwdin wrote:
> > > I understand that they hired som new guy to run marketing and what not, to
> > > steer things up, think he had helped run lightspeed into the ground before
> > > he came to Titus.

> > Oh joy.
> >
> > I needed a bolt for The Freak recently and ran into a bit of a log jam.
> > I was wondering what was up. If it wasn't for OTE in Fruita, I'd
> > probably still be wondering if I could get that bolt this month.
> >
> > JD

> yeah, what happened to their legendary customer service?? I gave up
> waiting on them for an email response and a return phone call. Just
> hauled the beast into a shop and they answered my questions and got me
> what I needed. But hey, that's not how they used to be in the past!
>
> CDB

I hope this isn't a habit and is only due to the changeover to their
new business plan. All it took before was a quick call to OTE and
nothing ever got lost in translation.

JD