Mail Order Recommendations

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Richard Bates, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. Wiggle (My preferred mail order place) - Order placed Sunday (outside
    office hours) and product arrived Tuesday. No wine gums :-(

    Gearshift (First time user) - Order placed Sunday (Outside office hours) and products arrived
    Tuesday. One item incorect. Problem sorted out amicably within 12 hours. Awaiting delivery of
    correct item ...
    --
    I remember when the internet was only in black & white. It only had a few pages but at least they
    all worked. Email: Put only the word "richard" before the @ sign.

    Tags:

  2. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    On 28/1/04 2:43 pm, in article [email protected],
    "Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Wiggle (My preferred mail order place) - Order placed Sunday (outside office hours) and product
    > arrived Tuesday. No wine gums :-(

    I placed an order saturday which arrived yesterday with two packs of wine gums. Believe me, you
    didn't miss much.

    > Gearshift (First time user) - Order placed Sunday (Outside office hours) and products arrived
    > Tuesday. One item incorect. Problem sorted out amicably within 12 hours. Awaiting delivery of
    > correct item ...

    I have used Edinburgh bicycle and Cycle express, both times with no problem and with
    excellent service.

    ..d

  3. Chain Reaction. Order placed about 14:00. Items arrived about 10:00 the next day. For wheels. From
    N. Ireland. Very impressive. No wine gums though.

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  4. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    David Martin wrote:
    > I placed an order saturday which arrived yesterday with two packs of wine gums.

    This is outrageous. I've never had any flippin wine gums off them!

    I don't like wine gums actually, but I'm feeling left out :)

    ~PB

  5. On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:54:58 -0000, "Pete Biggs"
    <ptangerine{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote:

    >David Martin wrote:
    >> I placed an order saturday which arrived yesterday with two packs of wine gums.
    >
    >This is outrageous. I've never had any flippin wine gums off them!
    >
    >I don't like wine gums actually, but I'm feeling left out :)
    >
    >~PB

    I got a bottle opener once.

  6. [Not Responding] wrote:

    > I got a bottle opener once.

    So did I. Hurrah! But it was made of cheese. Bah!

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  7. whine gums, more like...

    by gum, or if I were a dentist, by gingiva...

  8. "Pete Biggs" <ptangerine{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > David Martin wrote:
    > > I placed an order saturday which arrived yesterday with two packs of wine gums.
    >
    > This is outrageous. I've never had any flippin wine gums off them!

    Me neither. They did send me a key ring/bottle opener, though, which I seem to have
    subsequently lost....

    David E. Belcher

  9. Jack Ouzzi

    Jack Ouzzi Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:31:16 +0000, "[Not Responding]"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:54:58 -0000, "Pete Biggs" <ptangerine{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote:
    >
    >>David Martin wrote:
    >>> I placed an order saturday which arrived yesterday with two packs of wine gums.
    >>
    >>This is outrageous. I've never had any flippin wine gums off them!
    >>
    >>I don't like wine gums actually, but I'm feeling left out :)
    >>
    >>~PB
    >>

    >I got a bottle opener once.

    Don't be silly ........... you don't need a bottle opener for wine gums ....... ;-)

  10. In article <[email protected]>, Richard Bates
    <[email protected]> writes
    >Wiggle (My preferred mail order place) - Order placed Sunday (outside office hours) and product
    >arrived Tuesday. No wine gums :-(
    >
    >Gearshift (First time user) - Order placed Sunday (Outside office hours) and products arrived
    >Tuesday. One item incorect. Problem sorted out amicably within 12 hours. Awaiting delivery of
    >correct item ...

    About 6 months ago I faxed an order to Gearshift, after a 10 days no goods so I emailed them, very
    busy will do order soon, after another week still no goods, rang them again, order still sitting
    there not done ("we're still very busy"). I cancelled the order and went elsewhere. They were very
    polite but didnt seem to want to sell stuff.

    Ordered some stuff from Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative (Sunnywheel bike lift - thanks to who gave me
    the tip) last w/e and that turned up promptly.

    Cheers

    --
    John Openshaw