Mail Order Recommendations

Richard Bates

Guest
Wiggle (My preferred mail order place) - Order placed Sunday (outside
office hours) and product arrived Tuesday. No wine gums :-(

Gearshift (First time user) - Order placed Sunday (Outside office hours) and products arrived
Tuesday. One item incorect. Problem sorted out amicably within 12 hours. Awaiting delivery of
correct item ...
--
I remember when the internet was only in black & white. It only had a few pages but at least they
all worked. Email: Put only the word "richard" before the @ sign.

On 28/1/04 2:43 pm, in article [email protected],
"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Wiggle (My preferred mail order place) - Order placed Sunday (outside office hours) and product
> arrived Tuesday. No wine gums :-(

I placed an order saturday which arrived yesterday with two packs of wine gums. Believe me, you
didn't miss much.

> Gearshift (First time user) - Order placed Sunday (Outside office hours) and products arrived
> Tuesday. One item incorect. Problem sorted out amicably within 12 hours. Awaiting delivery of
> correct item ...

I have used Edinburgh bicycle and Cycle express, both times with no problem and with
excellent service.

..d

Chain Reaction. Order placed about 14:00. Items arrived about 10:00 the next day. For wheels. From
N. Ireland. Very impressive. No wine gums though.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

David Martin wrote:
> I placed an order saturday which arrived yesterday with two packs of wine gums.

This is outrageous. I've never had any flippin wine gums off them!

I don't like wine gums actually, but I'm feeling left out :)

~PB

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:54:58 -0000, "Pete Biggs"
<ptangerine{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote:

>David Martin wrote:
>> I placed an order saturday which arrived yesterday with two packs of wine gums.
>
>This is outrageous. I've never had any flippin wine gums off them!
>
>I don't like wine gums actually, but I'm feeling left out :)
>
>~PB

I got a bottle opener once.

whine gums, more like...

by gum, or if I were a dentist, by gingiva...

"Pete Biggs" <ptangerine{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> David Martin wrote:
> > I placed an order saturday which arrived yesterday with two packs of wine gums.
>
> This is outrageous. I've never had any flippin wine gums off them!

Me neither. They did send me a key ring/bottle opener, though, which I seem to have
subsequently lost....

David E. Belcher

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:31:16 +0000, "[Not Responding]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:54:58 -0000, "Pete Biggs" <ptangerine{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote:
>
>>David Martin wrote:
>>> I placed an order saturday which arrived yesterday with two packs of wine gums.
>>
>>This is outrageous. I've never had any flippin wine gums off them!
>>
>>I don't like wine gums actually, but I'm feeling left out :)
>>
>>~PB
>>

>I got a bottle opener once.

Don't be silly ........... you don't need a bottle opener for wine gums ....... ;-)

In article <[email protected]>, Richard Bates
<[email protected]> writes
>Wiggle (My preferred mail order place) - Order placed Sunday (outside office hours) and product
>arrived Tuesday. No wine gums :-(
>
>Gearshift (First time user) - Order placed Sunday (Outside office hours) and products arrived
>Tuesday. One item incorect. Problem sorted out amicably within 12 hours. Awaiting delivery of
>correct item ...

About 6 months ago I faxed an order to Gearshift, after a 10 days no goods so I emailed them, very
busy will do order soon, after another week still no goods, rang them again, order still sitting
there not done ("we're still very busy"). I cancelled the order and went elsewhere. They were very
polite but didnt seem to want to sell stuff.

Ordered some stuff from Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative (Sunnywheel bike lift - thanks to who gave me
the tip) last w/e and that turned up promptly.

Cheers

--
John Openshaw