mainly just a first test post

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling archive' started by Uni-Tunes, Apr 18, 2004.

  1. Uni-Tunes

    Uni-Tunes Guest

    too young to learn to ride a uni (60) but i'm getting a
    24 anyway. eventual goal - be able to ride 5 miles plus
    on a 26 or 29.

    --
    uni-tunes

    "If a man can eat an airplane,
    he should be able to eat several unicycles."
    uni-tunes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6196

  2. Welcome aboard!!!!!!!! You're never too young, I hear even kids ride
    these things:D :D

    BTW, I just turned 51 today :)

    --
    Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

    If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

    Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

  3. Unibrier

    Unibrier Guest

    uni-tunes wrote:
    > *eventual goal - be able to ride 5 miles plus on a 26
    > or 29. *
    The biggest barrier to a 5 mile ride is in your mind (after
    you learn to ride of course). After that the "plus" comes
    more and more often.

    uni-tunes wrote:
    > *uni-tunes*
    That is a great name! Right up there with Dudly Do Ride,
    another one of my favorites.

    Welcome

    --
    UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

    Steve De Cuckoo

    The Roadrunner or Ground Cuckoo can run at speeds of up to 15 miles per
    hour (24 km per hour). It rarely flies and does not migrate. When it is
    in danger, it runs or crouches to hide.

    The RoadUnier or Cuckoo Cokier can ride at speeds of up to 15 miles per
    hour (24 km per hour). It rarely flies and does not migrate. When it is
    in danger it UPDs and slides.

    UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

  4. Uni-Tunes

    Uni-Tunes Guest

  5. Digigal1

    Digigal1 Guest

    Krashin'Kenny wrote:
    > *Welcome aboard!!!!!!!! You're never too young, I hear
    > even kids ride these things:D :D
    >
    > BTW, I just turned 51 today :) *

    Happy Birthday!

    --
    digigal1

    Omni for Uni and Uni for Omni!
    digigal1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5848

  6. Sofa

    Sofa Guest

    Finding the balance point is by far the greatest challenge
    when riding, (well, unless you start getting into crazt
    tricks, of course they are hard!)

    As soon as you can wobble down the road about 100 feet,
    you'll soon see how small 5 miles actually is!

    Where's the rest of your bike?

    Yibbidy Yibbidy Yibbidy That's all folks!

    (granted yibbidy may not be the best word, but what does
    Porky Pig say, anyways?!?)

    --
    Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?

    'Unicycle Product Reviews' (http://tinyurl.com/368h6) *107* reviews on
    *72* products

    'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
    version 3.02

    Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

  7. Paco

    Paco Guest

    Welcome Uni-tunes! I'm really surprised that the name hasn't
    been snapped up yet. Good job on getting a "uni"que name.

    At first, 5 miles will be a pain in the butt (literally),
    but after a while, it will be nothing. Wait until the first
    time you decide to do 5 miles offroad!

    Once you learn, a 29" unicycle will make short work of 5
    miles. 20 miles on a 20 inch, on the other hand, is
    something that I still haven't tried.

    --
    paco - Co-Founder of the PacoGild Movement

    Every car should come equipped with a midget with a periscope.
    paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

  8. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

    On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 06:29:17 -0500, "uni-tunes" wrote:

    >mainly just a first test post

    I can read you loud and clear. Welcome! 60 is a good
    age to learn.

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    Clearly a system of 1/14 and 1/16 is not decimal - Mikefule
    on the English weight system

  9. Elmer

    Elmer Guest

    And another welcome. I love to hear stories about learning
    experiences! It keeps me feeling young. And if it doesn't
    kill you, it will add lots of years to your life expectancy
    I'll bet. It engages and expands the mind, the heart and the
    soul in a wonderful way!

    --
    elmer - uniimpaired

    "At 40 life begins...to show."