mainly just a first test post

uni-tunes wrote:
> *eventual goal - be able to ride 5 miles plus on a 26
> or 29. *
The biggest barrier to a 5 mile ride is in your mind (after
you learn to ride of course). After that the "plus" comes
more and more often.

uni-tunes wrote:
> *uni-tunes*
That is a great name! Right up there with Dudly Do Ride,
another one of my favorites.

Welcome

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve De Cuckoo

The Roadrunner or Ground Cuckoo can run at speeds of up to 15 miles per
hour (24 km per hour). It rarely flies and does not migrate. When it is
in danger, it runs or crouches to hide.

The RoadUnier or Cuckoo Cokier can ride at speeds of up to 15 miles per
hour (24 km per hour). It rarely flies and does not migrate. When it is
in danger it UPDs and slides.

UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

Finding the balance point is by far the greatest challenge
when riding, (well, unless you start getting into crazt
tricks, of course they are hard!)

As soon as you can wobble down the road about 100 feet,
you'll soon see how small 5 miles actually is!

Where's the rest of your bike?

Yibbidy Yibbidy Yibbidy That's all folks!

(granted yibbidy may not be the best word, but what does
Porky Pig say, anyways?!?)

--
Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?

'Unicycle Product Reviews' (http://tinyurl.com/368h6) *107* reviews on
*72* products

'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
version 3.02

Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Welcome Uni-tunes! I'm really surprised that the name hasn't
been snapped up yet. Good job on getting a "uni"que name.

At first, 5 miles will be a pain in the butt (literally),
but after a while, it will be nothing. Wait until the first
time you decide to do 5 miles offroad!

Once you learn, a 29" unicycle will make short work of 5
miles. 20 miles on a 20 inch, on the other hand, is
something that I still haven't tried.

--
paco - Co-Founder of the PacoGild Movement

Every car should come equipped with a midget with a periscope.
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 06:29:17 -0500, "uni-tunes" wrote:

>mainly just a first test post

I can read you loud and clear. Welcome! 60 is a good
age to learn.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
Clearly a system of 1/14 and 1/16 is not decimal - Mikefule
on the English weight system

And another welcome. I love to hear stories about learning
experiences! It keeps me feeling young. And if it doesn't
kill you, it will add lots of years to your life expectancy
I'll bet. It engages and expands the mind, the heart and the
soul in a wonderful way!

--
elmer - uniimpaired

"At 40 life begins...to show."