Maintenance guides for rockshox Judy XC 2000 model

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by John Morey, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. John Morey

    John Morey Guest

    [email protected] (Doug Bashford) wrote:

    >> If you live in
    >the southwest, you should consider jimsonweed tea or chile, and if you live in the south,
    >psylosybin with organic cheese, wine and crackes or back east, coral root and lobster for your back
    >to nature (or God) experiences.

    Southwest. Peyote with mole sauce.

    >I never paid a nickle. Close yer eyes.
    >
    > +-----------------------------------------------------+
    > | Sahara Club Newsletter # 24 July 6, 1994 |
    > +------------------------------------------------------+

    Beautiful! Got a link? I'm vitrol-deficient and could really use some inspiration today.

    Jim Hall 520 EXC and others turning Money into Noise...

    Tags:

  2. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:55:05 +0100, John Morey wrote:

    > hi , I have had a pair of rockshox 2000 judy XC forks for several years now (they came with my
    > 2000 trek 6500) and have left them pretty much "as is" , and not adjusted anything , I feel there
    > are a number of things I should really do , such as the clean and lube them , adjust travel ,
    > rebound preload etc , problem is I've lost the instruction manual and this is the first proper set
    > of forks i've ever owned , anybody point me at useful articles / guides etc?
    >
    > thanks

    Sorry, but anyone with size 13 feet needs to stay away from Judy forks.

    -Bruce

  3. John Morey

    John Morey Guest

    big feet , big travel ;)

  4. "John Morey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > big feet , big travel ;)
    >
    > "bruce edge" <edgeb[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]...
    > > On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:55:05 +0100, John Morey wrote:
    > >
    > > > hi , I have had a pair of rockshox 2000 judy XC forks for several
    years
    > > > now (they came with my 2000 trek 6500) and have left them pretty much "as is" , and not
    > > > adjusted anything , I feel there are a number of things I should really do , such as the
    clean
    > > > and lube them , adjust travel , rebound preload etc , problem is I've
    > lost
    > > > the instruction manual and this is the first proper set of forks i've
    > ever
    > > > owned , anybody point me at useful articles / guides etc?
    > > >
    > > > thanks
    > >
    > > Sorry, but anyone with size 13 feet needs to stay away from Judy forks.

    Hey John,

    I believe rockshox has their service manuals online. Here's the one PDF with all the service manuals
    for that year in it.

    http://www.rockshox.com/03RSTechSupport/Downloads/RockShoxServiceGuides/00RS
    ServiceInfoAndDrawingsB.pdf

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  5. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

    "John Morey" <j[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > hi , I have had a pair of rockshox 2000 judy XC forks for several years
    now
    > (they came with my 2000 trek 6500) and have left them pretty much "as is" , and not adjusted
    > anything , I
    feel
    > there are a number of things I should really do , such as the clean and
    lube
    > them , adjust travel , rebound preload etc , problem is I've lost the instruction manual and this
    > is the first proper set of forks i've ever
    owned
    > , anybody point me at useful articles / guides etc?
    >
    > thanks

    Why don't you ask rockshox?

    Chris

  6. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    John Morey <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > hi , I have had a pair of rockshox 2000 judy XC forks for several years
    now
    > (they came with my 2000 trek 6500) and have left them pretty much "as is" , and not adjusted
    > anything , I
    feel
    > there are a number of things I should really do , such as the clean and
    lube
    > them , adjust travel , rebound preload etc , problem is I've lost the instruction manual and this
    > is the first proper set of forks i've ever
    owned
    > , anybody point me at useful articles / guides etc?
    >
    > thanks

    www.handyskiphire.com

    HTH! ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe - I find it hard to resist being a bastard.

  7. "John Morey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > hi , I have had a pair of rockshox 2000 judy XC forks for several years
    now
    > (they came with my 2000 trek 6500) and have left them pretty much "as is" , and not adjusted
    > anything , I
    feel
    > there are a number of things I should really do , such as the clean and
    lube
    > them , adjust travel , rebound preload etc , problem is I've lost the instruction manual and this
    > is the first proper set of forks i've ever
    owned
    > , anybody point me at useful articles / guides etc?
    >
    > thanks

    If you don't get anywhere send me an e-mail. I've serviced my Rockshox Judy DH's many times, they
    should be pretty similar.

    Steve.

  8. Fredzep

    Fredzep Guest

    "John Morey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > hi , I have had a pair of rockshox 2000 judy XC forks for several years
    now
    > (they came with my 2000 trek 6500) and have left them pretty much "as is" , and not adjusted
    > anything , I
    feel
    > there are a number of things I should really do , such as the clean and
    lube
    > them , adjust travel , rebound preload etc , problem is I've lost the instruction manual and this
    > is the first proper set of forks i've ever
    owned
    > , anybody point me at useful articles / guides etc?
    >
    > thanks

    Go to the Rockshox website and look around. The manuals are available in pdf format.

    Fredzep