Maintenance NightMare.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Frank, Mar 4, 2003.

  1. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Last week got bored with broken spokes and decide to rebuild back wheel.

    Went to shop bought spokes and new chain (why not?). Build wheel put on new chain, it is SRAM and
    more flexible than my perfectly good (but more expensive) old TAYA.

    Gear shifting is poor, (can't adjust properly for all 8 gears) rear derailer rubs against spokes in
    lowest gear. Rear derailer seems to slant into wheel, possible bent derailer or replaceable dropout.

    Serious problem number 1, where can I get a replacement replaceable dropout. Bent it slightly and
    the gears were better, still rubbed spokes slightly in lowest but changed better.

    I think I will probably opt for a new rear derailer (only sora so only ~£14.00) and a new
    replaceable dropout if I can find one.

    Anyway emboldened by my disaster I decided the gear cable could do with replacing and the brakes
    could do with cleaning.

    So I attempted to dismantle my Sora Flightdeck levers, and I'm now totally baffled does anyone know
    where I can find instructions on how to do this. Or do people just not change cables anymore?

    Should I even bother cleaning the brakes, they work?

    Tags:

  2. David Nutter

    David Nutter Guest

  3. Frank

    Frank Guest

    "David Nutter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Frank <[email protected]> said:
    >
    > > So I attempted to dismantle my Sora Flightdeck levers, and I'm now
    totally
    > > baffled does anyone know where I can find instructions on how to do
    this. Or
    > > do people just not change cables anymore?
    >
    > http://bike.shimano.com/services/tech_info_b.asp?cat=Road&pg=Sora
    >
    > has some technical information about the Dual Control levers.

    Thank you David that was exactly what I needed.