Maintenance tips - links, tools

nbfman

Sep 12, 2005
I currently do basic maintenance on my road bike, like cleaning the drive train and changing cables. I wanted to get into overhauling bottom brackets, hubs, headsets, freewheels, and pedals. Can knowledgable folks recommend some links to maintenance info and necessary tools? I will be giving it a go on Ultegra (2006) and Record (2007). Also, I was curious how often the insides of the parts listed above need overhaul. Any advice/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

nbfman said:
I currently do basic maintenance on my road bike, like cleaning the drive train and changing cables. I wanted to get into overhauling bottom brackets, hubs, headsets, freewheels, and pedals. Can knowledgable folks recommend some links to maintenance info and necessary tools? I will be giving it a go on Ultegra (2006) and Record (2007). Also, I was curious how often the insides of the parts listed above need overhaul. Any advice/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Books:
Zinn and the art of road bike maintenance, park tools blue book
web sites: Park tools web site, also sheldon brown

If price is an issue for you, check out the Bicycling Guide to Complete Bicycle Maintenance & Repair for Road & Mountain Bikes. $20 - $25 at most major book stores or you can go to rodalestore.com.